Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 320 of 770
  1. apcmiami's Avatar
    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    #301  
    This could an issue with replacement phone Palm sent me but after updating I have notice more than usual lag in the phone app and multiple phone app failures that I have had to reboot twice today since updating. Anyone else having phone app issues???
  2. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #302  
    Not sure where to start, but I had some issues with this update.

    * Filecoaster does not load. I saw some post saying that Preware works and filecoaster is history. I will give Preware a try, but first I want to see how many Homebrew apps I have left, because many stuff I use already been added to Apps store.
    * There are areas that speed is better. Calendar seems faster. Switching between apps is faster and pulling up launcher is also faster. I am not if Palm did was just shorten some of the transition animations. But there are areas that experienced major lag. One example is loading up IM app. It is getting a little better now. People said that maybe it is caching or loading up things at first. Well, it seems every app I use has some lag at the beginning. I am not sure what trick 1.3.1 is playing in the background, but I saw jerkiness in Pandora list, email list, even launch sometime pauses for a second. It seems pretty random, not consistent at the same spot. Anyway, hard to put my finger on where is the problem, but speed is a mix at best.
    * Exchange lost credential 3 times. May be there is a new rule or something, but quite a few times when I open the email app a notification would show up complaining about bad credential. I put the same password each time, and it is fine. The last time I just ignored it and it seemed to be happy.
    * Classic app crashed once on me.
    * Blocks (free version) locked up twice as I had some drPodcast running at the same time.

    So a lot of little issues. Overall, I like this patch, because Yahoo integration and some fixes. But I think Palm still need address some of the performance issue. If they had attempted to improve it this time, I feel it was just a cosmetic change that make thing looks a little faster, but fundamental issues are still there (so things would add up and eventually become jerky for a little while).

    I will put 1.3.1 to a real day work tomorrow.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  3. maitre's Avatar
    Posts
    35 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #303  
    I took your advise but it did not work. Specifically, I turned wifi off, turned off the phone and then turned it back on. I tried update with only evdo working, but it still can't find the update! Any other ideas???
  4. Vlad788's Avatar
    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    #304  
    I have an issue with Sprint Navigation, after the 1.3.1 update the spoken directions always seems to keep getting cut off. Other than that the update seems to be ok. A few others did mention they had issues with their Sprint Navigation text to speech as well, so I'm glad I'm not the only one lol. Also the system sound for the volume has bee switched to the camera shutter sound instead of the default notification sound which is not cool because it can give others around the wrong idea if you know what I mean haha. I'm glad they finally added support for Yahoo though.
  5. #305  
    some of the graphics seem to be wacky after the update. I am using a stock Pre with no rooting, tweaks or pathes etc.

    1) while checkin VM if you hit * to end call the overlay goes wacky and displays wrong(repeatable)

    2) the too many cards notif. doesn't display properly, it doesn't have a outline around the ok button (just a black mass with ok in middle). Also no pic in box where cards showed in 1.2.1, just a blank space with a white ring around it (repeatable)

    3) while viewing the photo app some pics go black (a tap will bring up a pic when this happens) (repeatable)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  6. #306  
    Quote Originally Posted by jsha View Post
    I'm having this same problem. Anybody else?
    cannot turnoff power when asked for a restart or a shutdown/swap battery, Nothing Happens

    Please Help
  7. piaband's Avatar
    Posts
    275 Posts
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    #307  
    I have been an avid supporter of Palm and everything Pre in general. I am just really getting tired of the updates. I wish they wouldnt have them so often. I mean, when there is something that is worth an update--I'm ok with that breaking all my stuff I have set up on my phone.

    Why the H*** do they keep sending out these updates that break WAY more than they fix? I havent noticed a single thing that is better on this update, but I sure notice about 10 things that took a step back.

    PALM---Stop updating for stupid, nonessential things. Work out the bugs before you send out the updates!
  8. firstimer's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    #308  
    Is there a way to "un" update the phone? Filecoaster no longer works for me and I'm kinda apprehensive about using Preware ( never done). Some of the homebrew apps don't work right after update.
  9. #309  
    OK, so I read the info about using list everything in order to se the themes. So far, i have tried 10 different themes and none of them will install, even theones updated today, after the 1.3.1 update. Whic themes work? The IPK error is getting on my last nerve! It takes 8 minutes each time only to come back with an IPK error and the same crappy picture and default theme. Any ideas?

    I tried through preware, I have tried throuh QuickInstall, and nothing is working to install the themes....
  10. #310  
    Quote Originally Posted by firstimer View Post
    Is there a way to "un" update the phone? Filecoaster no longer works for me and I'm kinda apprehensive about using Preware ( never done). Some of the homebrew apps don't work right after update.
    You shouldn't be apprehensive about Preware. Even Palm staff are using it for installing homebrew on webOS 1.3.1 ...

    You'll not only get access to the 270+ applications from PreCentral and WebOS Internals, you'll also get access to the 100+ webOS Patches, and a collection of over 700 installable themes.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  11. #311  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemurnandy View Post
    OK, so I read the info about using list everything in order to se the themes. So far, i have tried 10 different themes and none of them will install, even theones updated today, after the 1.3.1 update. Whic themes work? The IPK error is getting on my last nerve! It takes 8 minutes each time only to come back with an IPK error and the same crappy picture and default theme. Any ideas?

    I tried through preware, I have tried throuh QuickInstall, and nothing is working to install the themes....
    Which theme did you try? What error is reported when you select the IPKG Log menu item?

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  12. #312  
    Let me see, My Blue Theme, Neon & Blue, Orig Blue, and a lot o others, not surewhich ones. I want colorful theme for my phone...oh, and the Christmas ones, the Thanksgivng one......I am going crazy...
  13. #313  
    If I tap media, my Pre disappears from MyComputer as a drive. If I tap USB, the Pre is seen, but I can't sync Media. I had other programs for playlist like syncpod, but now it doesn't see the device and neither does my computer.

    This update whether you like it or not is a pain. It's messed up my Classic and has changed my phone to an unusable smartphone device. If all I wanted was a phone, I could be spending a lot less. Once I get my phone working the way I want, I don't want all the updates that force me to have to re-enter information and stop using useful programs.
  14. #314  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemurnandy View Post
    Let me see, My Blue Theme, Neon & Blue, Orig Blue, and a lot o others, not surewhich ones. I want colorful theme for my phone...oh, and the Christmas ones, the Thanksgivng one......I am going crazy...
    The Christmas Theme from PreCentral-Themes installed just fine on my 1.3.1 Pre just now.

    Uninstalled perfectly too (it's a bit too garish my taste).

    Perhaps you can give a little bit more information to help others help you ...

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15. #315  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The Christmas Theme from PreCentral-Themes installed just fine on my 1.3.1 Pre just now.

    Uninstalled perfectly too (it's a bit too garish my taste).

    Perhaps you can give a little bit more information to help others help you ...

    -- Rod
    OK, Am trying the Black & Blue theme right now. Fingers are crossed. I appreciate the help. I just read the IPK log, but am not sure what i all mean. Going to try reset to default again, restart, and then install a theme. Maybe it is mad at me today...
  16. #316  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515 View Post
    some of the graphics seem to be wacky after the update. I am using a stock Pre with no rooting, tweaks or pathes etc.

    1) while checkin VM if you hit * to end call the overlay goes wacky and displays wrong(repeatable)

    2) the too many cards notif. doesn't display properly, it doesn't have a outline around the ok button (just a black mass with ok in middle). Also no pic in box where cards showed in 1.2.1, just a blank space with a white ring around it (repeatable)

    3) while viewing the photo app some pics go black (a tap will bring up a pic when this happens) (repeatable)
    can someone verify any of the above? I've searched this thread and I saw mention of #3 but not 1 & 2. Just wanna know if I am the only one seeing these things.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  17. #317  
    Quote Originally Posted by lemurnandy View Post
    OK, Am trying the Black & Blue theme right now. Fingers are crossed. I appreciate the help. I just read the IPK log, but am not sure what i all mean. Going to try reset to default again, restart, and then install a theme. Maybe it is mad at me today...
    Just as an update, I decided to run WebOsRepair Utility when Quick Install kept locking up when trying to restore theme defaults. It has found almost 30 luna errors that it is repairing. I think I may have found the issue. It is still running, and it is very late, so I will hopefully have it all fixed when I get up in the morning.
  18. #318  
    1) yes I get the wacky keypad overlay
    2) still opening cards.. wow 21 and counting bah.. when you want to get mem errors its hard
    3)How many pictures are you flipping through? I have 3 and no prob.. taking more
  19. #319  
    Inside the Web application, Google searches return in Spanish language. Everything else shows up properly in English
  20. #320  
    Issue #1:

    ok so I have followed the directions to install preware via these instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...0-preware.html. yet when I pull up preware on my phone it looks like this


    It normally looks like the picture posted on the insructions... im running 0.9.8.. Also when i select available packages and themes the app just freezes... Anyone know of a fix??

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Issue #2
    My phone will not sync with facebook and update my contacts anymore. I have tried to delete the account and add it again but it still will not gather the contact information. Anyone else having this problem?? Im gonna web doctor my phone tonight but im scarred all my contacts arent going to come back... UGH!!

Posting Permissions