Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718192025 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Justmann View Post
    Hey all,

Since upgrading to webOS v1.3.1, I no longer receive email notifications (either the visual or sound) when new mail arrives. All of my settings show that I have notifications turned on, so I'm not sure what gives. Are there any others experiencing this problem? Does anyone have some suggestions to get notifications working again?

I'm not sure if this matters, but I am still receiving SMS notifications. The email notifications are essential to me. Any help is much, much appreciated.

Thanks!
    Not sure what exactly the issue was but I tried once again and removed all email accts. First I turned off all notifications on each before removing. Then I turned off the phone for a few minutes. When I restarted I only added one acct and tested it. It worked so then I added each one after testing several times. I did notice that if you have the page open that shows all the email accounts the notification will not appear. I assume its because it defeats the purpose since you are looking at all the inboxes at once. If you are in an email account and get an email in that particular acct it will not show as well. But notifications will show from other accts that you are not currently viewing. Also as soon as you open the email app and the main page opens ALL notifications will dismiss. I guess cause Palm assumes you can now see the new email count in every acct. I did not remove any patches and have had no more notification issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryoung07 View Post
    I having this exact same issue...Everything is working fine except that I can't open emails. I thought it was a patch issue so I removed all patches in Preware using the emergency tool but that didn't fix the issue. I tried a partial reset and that also didn't work. I am hesitant to go the doctor route as I am not convinced that will fix the issue but will if that is my only recourse.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Same issue here, can't open my e-mail.......
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Same issue here, can't open my e-mail.......
    I having this exact same issue...Everything is working fine except that I can't open emails. I thought it was a patch issue so I removed all patches in Preware using the emergency tool but that didn't fix the issue. I tried a partial reset and that also didn't work. I am hesitant to go the doctor route as I am not convinced that will fix the issue but will if that is my only recourse.

I noticed that the Swap Reply All with Move to Folder patch cause me not to be able to open any emails. After I removed it then I was able to open them again. Try removing that patch if you have it installed then restart your Pre and try again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamequeen View Post
    I noticed that the Swap Reply All with Move to Folder patch cause me not to be able to open any emails. After I removed it then I was able to open them again. Try removing that patch if you have it installed then restart your Pre and try again.
    Just did that and was coming back to post that it fixed my issue.... Thanks anyways..... I have had an adventure today getting my ish squared after updating last night.... I guess this is why I test on mine before I mess with the wifes.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Just did that and was coming back to post that it fixed my issue.... Thanks anyways..... I have had an adventure today getting my ish squared after updating last night.... I guess this is why I test on mine before I mess with the wifes.
    Happy you got it fixed. Luckily I tested each patch I installed after I updated and noticed it right away. Jason said he had not updated the patch for 1.3.1 but will look into it. So hopefully it will be soon fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I am having the same issue. If I find out what happened I'll let you know. Also FYI I think there is a fix for the My Tether but only for donators [I'm not a donator at least not yet]
    OKay...here is the answer....
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2036709

Then the posts on the next page tell you how to apply the file.

I used QuickInstall program to send the file to the folder that it said if needed to go to...WiFi came back up immediately...without a reboot!

YIPEEEEE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamequeen View Post
    Happy you got it fixed. Luckily I tested each patch I installed after I updated and noticed it right away. Jason said he had not updated the patch for 1.3.1 but will look into it. So hopefully it will be soon fixed.
    Yeah I hadn't tested e-mail on my phone yet.... thru both e-mail patches I wanted on and went to test and was like ***. Tested the wifes last night but couldn't remember if I had opened an actual e-mail or just tested the landscape.

I actually fixed mine by deleting a few patches -- swap reply2all for move, Add priority discard buttons, Suppress Javascript error. When I removed all of them the problem went away. Don;t know which -- none of them seemed to do anything anyway.
    Laissez Faire
    I generally keep data off and use WIFI when at work or home. I noticed that after updating, I will lose my wifi connection every so often and have to disable and re enable it.

Thanks,
    Eric
    Quote Originally Posted by chashmish View Post
    anyone else not able to set a "speed dial" for a contact anymore?

of course, i wouldn't even have this issue if palm had restored all my damn contacts like it was SUPPOSED to after a reset.
    I also can't set speed dials anymore! It erased the ones I have set! Does anyone have a solution??
    It may just be me, but my battery life seeems much worse after 1.31.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    I actually fixed mine by deleting a few patches -- swap reply2all for move, Add priority discard buttons, Suppress Javascript error. When I removed all of them the problem went away. Don;t know which -- none of them seemed to do anything anyway.
    For me, it was clearly "Swap Reply2All for Move." I really like that patch. Put it on this morning and couldn't open any emails. Took it off and everything's fine
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Is anyone getting massive lag when playing audio files after WebOS 1.3.1? Pandora, DRPodder, and Broadcast Radio all cause my phone to slow to a crawl when playing audio files. The lag stops when I stop playing music. I don't think it's a network issue because I tried playing downloaded podcasts from DrPodder and it still slows down. Music (Remix) seems ok, though. Can anyone confirm?
    Video playback of anything other than the stock Pre video is HORRIBLE! Slow, laggy, out of sync...TERRIBLE! What the what Palm?!

Also, the ringtone volume now seems to be tied to the alert and notification volume. Which I hate! I usually have my ringtone up and system volume down, especially at night. That way if the phone rings in the night I hear it but emails and calendar reminders don't bother me. This blows.
    "Hopefully it's taking so long because they are upgrading the cameras, adding a 4G radio, higher resolution screen, NFC, a gyroscope, fingerprint reader and an app that builds you and island and then transforms the phone into a jet and flies you there." - Blue Duck Butter, on the Pre 3 release.
    Me also.

Mike
    Quote Originally Posted by flcabrio68 View Post
    My battery is draining super fast. I went to sleep at 2am with my battery at 54%. Woke up at 7am to a dead battery. Only received 1 email in that time and no calls or texts.

me too!! with no use at all just sitting on my desk it died completely within 5 hours ( maybe sooner i didnt look at it for those 5 hours )

EDIT - took off charger at 845pm 100% - its laid here on the table next to me, i turned it on twice to see the battery and its down to 63% in 30 minutes - something is draining the battery fast!!!
    Last edited by pixielee; 11/15/2009 at 10:19 PM.
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
    Few new issues with messaging.

There is no longer an option to resend messages that failed to send. Of course, you can just copy and paste the text and send again.

When sending a group message, there is now this huge scrollable white space between the receivers and the text box. Not sure what it's there for but I don't remember it being there before and it occasionally messes with the nice UI if you scroll it.
    So... previous post notes all the steps I took prepping to update to 1.3.1 and subsequent actions taken to resolve my inability to actually OPEN eMails... Long story short, I had to reload my Pre w/ WebOS Doctor... once reloaded, I had to upgrade to 1.3.1.

First thing I noticed wrong was my eMail accounts disappeared! Gone... nowhere to be found. No problem = I reloaded them.

NOW - I don't have any of my tasks, memmos, bookmarks, etc!

***?

Any way to revert to an old Palm Profile or RELOAD THE NEXT TO LAST SAVED PROFILE?

Chatting w/ Palm rep now - trying for a partial erase... been trying to load my profile for 5+ minutes now...
    Last edited by pre4ential treatment; 11/16/2009 at 12:45 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Few new issues with messaging.

There is no longer an option to resend messages that failed to send. Of course, you can just copy and paste the text and send again.
    I actually just had a message not go through, and you can resend it like before, you have to hit the yellow triangle that pops up, and it gives you the option to resend like before.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Anyone seen any issues with opening and e-mail attachment that had an jpg attached to it. I used to be able to click on the image and it would download the jpg and open it so you could view it and then save it. Now i get the error "Cannot find an application which can open this file."

I might be wrong but I don't think it was a patch to do this.

Internalz also seems to have lost the ability to view jpgs.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.