Page 14 of 39 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vza33 View Post
    I did the upgrade to 1.3.1 this morning and have no issues so far except two.

1- When looking at photos in my wallpaper folder some go black.
    2- (And this one really bothers me) I understand that the Pixi had issues with
    the dimmer screen but I was happy with the depth of color my screen had
    now the screen is so bright even turned all the way down that the colors are
    blown out and my current wallpaper is ruined. :-(

Has anyone else noticed this?
    I've noticed the 1st point. No issue with screen dimmer.
    I had NO patches and NO homebrew apps on my Pre and I got the white exclamation mark with the message of www.palm.com/rom when I did the 1.3.1 update. Basically my phone froze at the very end of the 1.3.1 update and had to do the webos doctor to reactivate it. What a pain that was. I was able to get my contacts and calendar back but lost some other data (grrrrrrrrrr).

Sounds like with all the problems people are having with 1.3.1 I'll just stick to the older version loaded after the webos doctor fix. I hope they get this fixed soon....some of the features on 1.3.1 looked good. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    PalmPilot, PalmIIIc, Treo 650, Pre, Pre 3, Nokia 1020, Lumia 950

"It's good to be the King" - Mel Brooks, History of the World, Part 1

"I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." General George S. Patton
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin View Post
    In email, I cannot open messages. Tapping does not open them. Tried rebooting,nothing. I think they worked yesterday, but not now.
    I having this exact same issue...Everything is working fine except that I can't open emails. I thought it was a patch issue so I removed all patches in Preware using the emergency tool but that didn't fix the issue. I tried a partial reset and that also didn't work. I am hesitant to go the doctor route as I am not convinced that will fix the issue but will if that is my only recourse.

Any help would be appreciated.
    When I hit the phone icon instead of bringing up the phone dialer I get the last dialed listing and all of the customized ringtones assigned to my contacts are gone.

I have never patched, rooted, doctored, anything my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by scramer View Post
    When I hit the phone icon instead of bringing up the phone dialer I get the last dialed listing
    It looks like it launches to the last thing you had open. I just tested it. If I have the phone dialer displayed and close it, it re-opens with the phone dialer. If I have the call log open and then close it, it will re-open with the call log.

Not sure if it was always like that or not.
    Okay....totally stumped....

I did the WebOs 1.3.1 update....things seemd to go flawless. Everything seemed to be working ... WiFi worked fine.

I was going through testing everything and got to testing MyTether...seemed to connect but then I got a messge that Sprint did not allow the service...this showed up on my phone....I decided to try to remove MyTether and reinstall to make sure that I had the latest version after the update....

Since this...I can not get Wifi to turn on....

I really do not want to have to wipe out and start all over....any ideas...

most everything else seems to be working....except that I cna not seem to remove hte MyTether Service from my phone....

HELP please!
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I've depatched my pre from any patches that was installed and restarted luna a couple of times when necessary before downloading WebOs 1.3.1. Everything now takes longer than normal to load! I can't run multiple apps with out going at a snails pace!

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

This is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    Okay....totally stumped....

I did the WebOs 1.3.1 update....things seemd to go flawless. Everything seemed to be working ... WiFi worked fine.

I was going through testing everything and got to testing MyTether...seemed to connect but then I got a messge that Sprint did not allow the service...this showed up on my phone....I decided to try to remove MyTether and reinstall to make sure that I had the latest version after the update....

Since this...I can not get Wifi to turn on....

I really do not want to have to wipe out and start all over....any ideas...

most everything else seems to be working....except that I cna not seem to remove hte MyTether Service from my phone....

HELP please!
    I am having the same issue. If I find out what happened I'll let you know. Also FYI I think there is a fix for the My Tether but only for donators [I'm not a donator at least not yet]
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I'm not able to get some videos I have had on my pre for quite some time to play. I originally converted them to .mp4 and they ran fine before the update.

Now I get a fairly long load time and then: "There was an error playing the file" message box.
    Okay, I did not update my Itunes & was synching it fine until installing the webos update!! I had yahoo messenger on my phone b4 & now its not working! I did a full restart, still no yahoo messenger & no synching with the old itunes!!! somebody help!!!
    I removed all Tweaks & Patches before I updated to 1.3.1.

I did have working eMail after the update.

I decided that I'd start adding tweaks/patches one at a time so I could have time to see if a given patch or tweak caused any problems for me.

After several no issues, I went hog wild on Preware...

Now, I can't open an eMail. I can see new ones as they arrive... they look so PURTY!

I removed Yahoo & reinstalled it. No luck opening Yahoo mail... although I get a pretty purple Y notification letting me know that I've received another EM.

Soo.... I used the EPR thinking it would be faster than removing the reloaded patches/tweaks one at a time. While it removed all my tweaks/patches, it didn't help the EM issue.

I removed both of my eMail accounts. Restarted the phone. And loaded the gMail account first w/ no luck...

Entered Dev Mode & hooked up w/ WebOS Doctor.... it wiped the phone... I logged into my Palm Profile, and have been waiting for 10+ minutes for it to finish the last little bit of the update... Is this normal?

UPDATE: The thing finally finished downloading my profile. It did fix the eMail issue. However... I am at an earlier version ~ forgot to check ~ Updating to 1.3.1 now...
    Last edited by pre4ential treatment; 11/15/2009 at 02:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    my led notification still works! Besides the weird shutter sound in the sounds menu under notification, everything seems to work fine.
    anyone else led button still work too? I can't wait for preware to start updating some of their patches so I can further customize this bad boy!
    Yeah, I noticed that too. There was a 12 hour difference between the time I updated to 1.3.1 to when I reloaded all the patches again. (For the record, I uninstalled all the patches before I updated). I noticed that my LED notifications worked without me having to install the patch, so I just left it off from patch installation. Dunno if it's a new feature in 1.3.1 or remnants of a patch that did not get uninstalled. FWIW, it hasn't messed with the normal functionality of the phone...at least any that I've noticed.
    Quote Originally Posted by demick514 View Post
    Ive updated to 1.3.1
    and before preware and everything was working
    took it off ..but now i dont seem to be able to re install preware on to my pre
    is there any steps i could follow?
    You did not need to remove Preware before or after a webOS update. Where did it say that you needed to do that?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    wow...they really bugged this update, gmail wont work, I rebooted and reinstalled all accounts several times, to assure it was the right password, I did it on PC and it went thru just fine. email and contacts gone!! ATT and IPhone, you might just get a new customer, cause I'm really bummed!
    another bugg: i take a pik, then when U use the phone as usb/media mync, they are nowhere to be found on the phone, I check the phone, they are there...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyndall View Post
    Since the update I can no longer view or save e-mail attachments (i.e. .jpg attachments) and get the following error message: "Cannot find an application which can open this file"

Also, if I try to load the image via the url (such as when i email myself a .jpg from Precentra (i.e. a wallpaper image) I get the following error message from the browser:

"No handler for file:///media/internal/downloads/download-33027-the-dark-knight.jpg" (for example.....the name of the file nor the size of the file makes no difference, it will not open in the browser window.

A ny help or insight would be appreciated.
    This is what I have too... Noticed after patching. Used EPR and it still has the problem.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    i updated to 1.3.1 eveything was fine but then today i opened my messaging app and when i click on it to forward nothing happens and there ia a random gray box inside each chat bubble. i can still see the text just highly annoying having a gray bubble in the chat bubble and i cannot forward!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I had the validation error earlier during my attempts at upgrading. About 30 minutes ago it d/l'd and installed fine. So far so good my Pre is operating as it should.

How about them Vikings eh?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by auslander View Post
    I'm having the same problem as justjed. I've tried my touchstone, micro usb connection from the wall, microusb connection from a computer, and two different batteries and my Pre will not charge. I get the charging icon but the battery is still dropping.
    This JUST started happening to me. Battery was fine until about an hour ago. The phone has been plugged in to the wall (without Touchstone) for 8 hours. Battery will not charge over 84% no matter what I do. I have restarted, pulled battery, etc. and I can't hold a charge. While plugged in, the battery stays at 84%. As soon as I unplug it the battery starts dropping VERY rapidly; I went from 84% to under 20% in under 30 minutes and it was unused during that time.

This is my 4th Pre (cracked screen, power button died, speaker died, power button died) and I just got this one from Sprint on Friday.

Edit to add that the battery icon DOES show that it is charging; it just won't go over 84%.
    Quote Originally Posted by kmehr View Post
    I am having the same issue. If I find out what happened I'll let you know. Also FYI I think there is a fix for the My Tether but only for donators [I'm not a donator at least not yet]
    Thanks! and if I find one...I will let you know too.