Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
    Ever since I updated I cannot access web or email or download patched when I am connected to wifi. Works fine if I shut it off but so slow.
    Quote Originally Posted by eindecker2000 View Post
    Mine won't even load the contacts list. (In Quick Contacts v0.9.15) Never used preware.
    I had problems with no contacts, email, calendar, etc. and the apps opening very slowly after installing update. I restarted my phone and everything was back and opening very quickly.
    I had problems with no contacts, email, calendar, etc. and the apps opening very slowly after installing update. I restarted my phone and everything was back and opening very quickly.
    It's taking forever to run my apps from the launcher now! Well, maybe not forever, but it's definetly taking longer than before for them to come up. UGH! Any suggestions?
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl_too View Post
    I have downloaded the 1.3.1 update at least 10 timed and each time I get the same message that the update failed to validate and it will try again in about a day. I do not have any patches installed and have restarted the phone after each error and no go. Any ideas? Or maybe after reading all the issues after the update I shouldn't be in a hurry for the update...
    your not alone friend, I have been trying since two hours after the patch came out, still get the same validation problem and here it is sunday at 11EST. Did partial erase, full erase, restart, pulled the battery for 15 minutes, tried over wifi and evdo, and even tried to webosdoctor it, however that starts, a minute into it tells me I disconnected the usb and I have to restart my pc and phone to get it to re recognize its plugged in. Tryed webosdoctor 3 times and have given up there.
    incase its relivent, I have patched, 4x4, battery indicator %, message fowarding, and change dialpad background. Also had a theme but removed it and doctored the phone since then. Also to avoid confusion, I removed all patches before trying the first time round.
    Anyone find the fix to not getting any email notifications? This morning when I woke up I had one showing but it did not show all the emails I had new which were quite a few. I have sent several test messages and none of them show in the notification area.
    Quote Originally Posted by LVRealtor View Post
    KBLOM, 1and1 exchange server for me. Maybe that is why no option for lock timeout.
    Same here (1and1). No PIN lock time options.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 063_xobx View Post
    I am unable to update I just get the hanging search for updates and then error unable to connect btw im using wifi
    I have this same issue.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thatgirl_too View Post
    I have downloaded the 1.3.1 update at least 10 timed and each time I get the same message that the update failed to validate and it will try again in about a day. I do not have any patches installed and have restarted the phone after each error and no go. Any ideas? Or maybe after reading all the issues after the update I shouldn't be in a hurry for the update...
    Same problem. Have tried 4 times and get the same error. Hopefully someone can shed a little light on this!
    Looks like you need to go in and make sure you password is set on each account.

When I upgraded, for some reason all the account passwords were blank.

So if you looked manual you see the error.

Just make sure in each account under 'change login settings' that your passwords are there.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hey yeah I was having the exact same problem after upgrading to 1.3.1.

Quote Originally Posted by cbuhay View Post
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this potential problem: Filecoaster does not load fully for me in WebOS 1.3.1. I have Filecoaster v1.1.4.

First, it seems to load normally:
    Loading application list...
    263 applications found...
    Loading apps...

...and this is the point where I see the spinnng wheel, and that just seems to go on indefinitely. I can see the apps below it (grayed out), but it does not seem to complete.

As the author of the app suggested, I have tried to soft reset the phone, but to no avail. If any one else sees this, I would appreciate if you could share your experience. Thanks.

I'm having the same problem as justjed. I've tried my touchstone, micro usb connection from the wall, microusb connection from a computer, and two different batteries and my Pre will not charge. I get the charging icon but the battery is still dropping.
    I guess we will be getting another update in a few days or couple of weeks!

The new Yahoo Messenger provided by Palm does not work at all!

How could they have put this update out there with this not being tested!

Rob

PS I don't really care, I personally don't use it, but I did test it out because others complained that it did not work!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I had rebooted the phone a few days before and had it that way with the update, now microphone when on the phone doesnt work inly on speaker, i cant hear the other line either, also notification sound is loud and cant change that, try to but stays the same
    I did the upgrade to 1.3.1 this morning and have no issues so far except two.

1- When looking at photos in my wallpaper folder some go black.
    2- (And this one really bothers me) I understand that the Pixi had issues with
    the dimmer screen but I was happy with the depth of color my screen had
    now the screen is so bright even turned all the way down that the colors are
    blown out and my current wallpaper is ruined. :-(

Has anyone else noticed this?
    Last edited by vza33; 11/15/2009 at 12:42 PM. Reason: spelling
    I removed all my tweaks and patches via the ERP (in Preware) as instructed by the AWESOME Pre gurus on this sight and all went great. I deleted the app My notification off as I switched to the WebOS offered notification and it works great.

The only issues I'm seeing is that the old cut off message sound I had for My Notification is still the default sound for rebooting, and charging. Any idea how get it back to default setting?

Preware does the same thing to me on the Themes, have to view it in the List Everything mode.

I can report that both Email and SMS Landscaping is working fine. I also reinstalled Date on top left,vibrate on keypad,vibrate only for charging notification,and call reject, all are working without issues.

Just installed,return to top of launcher page, and 4x3 v3 icons without issues.

Anyone else spend more time applying all their apps then doing update? I never realized how tweaked out I let my Pre get till this update! I'm a tweathead!
    Last edited by GregandTink; 11/15/2009 at 12:28 PM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    For those of you having a problem with the email notification, try disabling notification and then re-enabling notifications in your email preferences. That fixed my notification problems.
    I am having the same issue as many others with the loss of all my contacts POST 1.31. I used the emergency patch remover and removed all themes, doctored it, upgraded and had no contacts its a sad sad day in the neighborhood....
    my led notification still works! Besides the weird shutter sound in the sounds menu under notification, everything seems to work fine.
    anyone else led button still work too? I can't wait for preware to start updating some of their patches so I can further customize this bad boy!