Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
    I have downloaded the 1.3.1 update at least 10 timed and each time I get the same message that the update failed to validate and it will try again in about a day. I do not have any patches installed and have restarted the phone after each error and no go. Any ideas? Or maybe after reading all the issues after the update I shouldn't be in a hurry for the update...
    My battery is draining super fast. I went to sleep at 2am with my battery at 54%. Woke up at 7am to a dead battery. Only received 1 email in that time and no calls or texts.
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I rebooted, and updated Preware and I only get 83 patches. Is there a way to get me to 104? Thanks in advance.
    Did you update the feeds?

What version of webOS are you running? Does that match the URL in the Feeds Management page for the webos-patches feed?

Do you have the preference set which removes installed packages from the available lists?

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Several issues.

(1) Performance is terrible. At times, it's so bad, that the Pre is unusable. Everything lags. And this is after I reboot.

(2) When I have multiple e-mail messages, the notification used to give me the number. Now, it only shows the latest. I have "All Inboxes" turned off, in case that matters (since I know they did something based on that option).

(3) I now get a bing-bong sound when I put my Pre on the charger. Didn't used to do that. I grabbed a patch for this (which suggests that maybe it was always like this, but my Pre didn't do it).

(4) I get sounds where I didn't used to. For example, Preware now gives me the "bing-bong" before I install a patch. Before, it just vibrated. I see no way to turn this off. Yes, I have "system sounds" set to "off" and the volume to 0.

(5) In the new messages sound setup, I pick "ringtones," but none of them play.

(6) Preware (I have the latest) is painfully sluggish. It was rather speedy before...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Did you update the feeds?

What version of webOS are you running? Does that match the URL in the Feeds Management page for the webos-patches feed?

Do you have the preference set which removes installed packages from the available lists?

-- Rod
    I'm running webOS 1.3.1. I updated the feeds in Preware.

Attaching screenshots, maybe you'll see something I'm missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jimmie Geddes
    After updating to WebOS 1.3.1, I can not get the WebOSQuickInstall to recognize that I have my phone connected to my computer. I have DevMode ON and I can connect my Pre as a USB drive and a connect for Media Sync.

Any ideas.

I did try to do a search, but did not seem to find anyone else with this problem.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    I'm running webOS 1.3.1. I updated the feeds in Preware.

Attaching screenshots, maybe you'll see something I'm missing.
    You have 'Installed is available' set to No - do you have 21 patches installed by chance?

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    You have 'Installed is available' set to No - do you have 21 patches installed by chance?

-- Rod
    I just set "installed is available" to on, closed Preware, opened it and updated and have 83 'Available Patches'.

I have 21 patches installed. I guess that makes sense since 83 patches show up
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    When I reply to an e-mail, I get the "paperclip" icon duplicated across the bottom of the screen. Sloppy.
    In email, I cannot open messages. Tapping does not open them. Tried rebooting,nothing. I think they worked yesterday, but not now.
    Laissez Faire
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    After install of 1.3.1, phone will not go beyond start-up screen (palm start-up screen). Cannot connect to pc....ANY IDEAS?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Ive updated to 1.3.1
    and before preware and everything was working
    took it off ..but now i dont seem to be able to re install preware on to my pre
    is there any steps i could follow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justmann View Post
    Since upgrading to webOS v1.3.1, I no longer receive email notifications (either the visual or sound) when new mail arrives. All of my settings show that I have notifications turned on, so I'm not sure what gives. Are there any others experiencing this problem? Does anyone have some suggestions to get notifications working again?
    Just a thought... Do you use Exchange, and if so, did you increase the PIN pad lock timeout? I have found that if you have your mail card open, and if you increase the pin timeout, your phone thinks it's still 'awake' and will not necessarily notify you that new mail has come in.

As a test, I reset my pin timeout to pre-1.3.1, so it locks immediately. I then sent myself a test email, and I got new mail notifications as I previously expected. Try the test for yourself, and see if your experience matches mine.

Hope that helps...
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxDreamFunding View Post
    After updating to WebOS 1.3.1, I can not get the WebOSQuickInstall to recognize that I have my phone connected to my computer. I have DevMode ON and I can connect my Pre as a USB drive and a connect for Media Sync.

Any ideas.

I did try to do a search, but did not seem to find anyone else with this problem.

Thanks!
    well, you can't use webos q.I yet until jason update it because he need the last web os doctor 1.3.1
    please help, I lost over 100 contacts!! ***!!! I simply updated after removing all patches (I checked, had zero installed), what da f man!!! I can't go w out them! I tried reloading profile, nada!!
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by evolutionary View Post
    nailedtonothing, prethemer themes don't seem to be loading. Uncheck it from the feeds manager for now. You can still use the ones from precentral. And there are many patches not available as they aren't 1.3.1 compatible yet.
    Well that answers my question I guess. I can't get the messaging LED patch to work or the 4x4 launcher patch and those are two of my favorites! Strangely I got the 5x4 icons patch to load but then it would only allow 2 pages of icons instead of 3, I had to run webosdoctor to get rid of that. Uninstalling the patch didn't fix it.
    For people who have lost contacts or worried about losing contacts, please check out this thread... it will at least allow you to back up your contacts in an excel file.

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2032004
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamequeen View Post
    After upgrading I can no longer get any email notifications. Any one else having this issue?
    Same here. email notifications dont work
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    My email notifications do not work anymore either for AOL or Gmail. What up with that??
    All these issues upgrading are exactly why I'm staying away from 99% of patches, and only applying extremely simple ones that touch just one file.

My upgrade to 1.3.1 was flawless, thanks to having no patches installed. It's possible that patch removal doesn't work completely every time.