Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I am unable to change my ringtone. Yes, I know you need to do a backswipe to lock it in. I've had the Pre since launch day and I've changed my ringtone many times before. Now, even though I backswipe and it shows that it is supposed to be the new ringtone, it still defaults to Dulcimer, which is the one I had previously. The newly designated ringtone is selected when I go back into the ringtone screen, but it never plays, it always plays dulcimer, no matter what.

Even more bizzare is when I go into the sounds and ringtones page, it shows the desired ringtone, and when I use the volume slider it PLAYS the assigned ringtone, but when I call the phone it RINGS the old one.

Any ideas?
    I had the exact same problem with my palm pre! But i figured out how to fix it....if you go to screen & lock, the advanced gestures switch has to be off if you want to change your ringtone.

I hope that helps!
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Crazy wow.

I don't even know how that got turned ON, but this is the solution that worked for me!! Thanks!
    not working for me...mine has always been off and is still off...

...after i select the ringtone (for a contact) it simply goes back to a blank screen with Ringtones as the header and the music symbol w/plus sign at the bottom...i even tried first deleting the existing ringtone but no luck...please help!