Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Hey i need help with installing the webOSquickinstall. I am following the directions to the word, but when it says "With your PC connected to your Pre or Pixi with the USB cable, open WebOS Quick Install. Click the third button down on the right (highlighted in yellow below)." It says "ERROR: NO DEVICE DETECTED". What am i doing wrong? I should be installing this off my computer and not off the palm correct?
    alright thanks. After "open with" , and opening quick install for the 2nd time, it asks "For WebOS Quick Install to run correctly, it is required to download WebOSDotor (approx 195mb). Wiould you like to download it now, should i?

Nevermind, i read on and figured it out . Hopefully all goes well after this. Thanks!
    Last edited by FRod; 11/29/2009 at 04:12 PM.
    ahh it still says Device not found! I dont understand what im doing wrong.
    I'd be willing to bet my life that your problem was occuring at step 2 or 5d. You might need to re-install Novacom, as seen in step 5d. There is about a 99% chance that your problem is coming from one of those two steps, tho.
    My problem was i did not turn on developer mode! LOL! now that everythings good to go, what catagory is the precorder under?
    For some reason I'm getting an error message that reads "Error downloading package feed" when trying to access tweaks from webOS quick install. After clicking "OK" to close the message and checking a tweak to install the program freezes up and must be "Force Quit"ed.

It should be noted that I'm using a Mac OS X 10.6.2 Snow Leopard. Preware also denies access to patches and I can't find Autopatch feed when I search List of Everything.

Thank you in advance for your help...
    Coo
    [QUOTE=davdav;2100242]For some reason I'm getting an error message that reads "Error downloading package feed" when trying to access tweaks from webOS quick install. After clicking "OK" to close the message and checking a tweak to install the program freezes up and must be "Force Quit"ed.
    QUOTE]

I am getting the exact same problem. "Error downloading package feed" and then it freezes if I try to check any of the tweaks. Ctrl + Alt + Del ends it.

I'm using Windows XP and I'm trying to tweak my parent's Palm Pixi.

Currently installed content:
    -Diffstat
    -GNU Patch
    -Package Manager Service
    -Terminal Service Plugin
    -wIRCd -WebOS IRC Service
    nice
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    is there a way back up my pre as is now with all pathches, themes, home brew apps.... delete all... install 1.3.5.1... then restore all... with out having to re-install all through WEbos Install and/or Preware???

What patches/homebrew apps do i actually have to uninstall before updating???

Is such a thing as unrooting your pre and do i have to do it before updating...

Sorry about the novice Q's

Traclimb
    Quote Originally Posted by traclimb View Post
    is there a way back up my pre as is now with all pathches, themes, home brew apps.... delete all... install 1.3.5.1... then restore all... with out having to re-install all through WEbos Install and/or Preware???
    That feature is coming. It'll be the one most requested solution that needs to come from the homebrew scene. It's coming, tho. Don't worry.

What patches/homebrew apps do i actually have to uninstall before updating???
    Remove themes manually first with Preware. Then remove tweaks manually with WOSQI. Then use Emergency Patch Repair (EPR). Then you can do the webOS update.

Is such a thing as unrooting your pre and do i have to do it before updating...
    There wasn't so much a "thing as unrooting your pre" as much as there are carriers trying to place limits on what "their" devices" should do on "their" network.
    gracias!
    I'm using the WebOS Quick Install and trying to install the Xbox Live Friend's app but I keep getting this when I select the .ipk and hit install...

ERROR 1:

Connection refused: connect

so I click ok and Then...

ERROR:

No device found.

It's in Devmode and it's plugged in and on the "Just Charge" setting. Help Please.
    I'm also getting ControlService Failed. Service Removed. In a Dos window whenever I "Attempt Novacom (re)installation.
    no help?
    Quote Originally Posted by brenobolduc View Post
    no help?
    Try this...

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...5-minutes.html

Pay extra attention to step 5d. If you think it's installed properly, yet you're still hitting an error at step 6a, then check out that Troubleshooting Guide... but I'm about 99.999% sure that your issue is with the Novacom drivers.
    Can anyone tell me what the "x" as a subscript below the icon for the patches in Preware. I know that the green down arrow means it is already installed, and I assume the blue right arrow means you have looked at the patch--but the "x"????. Thanks.
    Are you talking about the patch icon?? Looks like bandages to me.
    hiya, extreme newbie here... I have a Pre plus, so no orange button on mine. what's the alternative key for that? is it the shift key or the gesture area?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast