1.    #1  
    ok so I'm on my second pre already returned the first pos before 30 days was up. Now three days after the second phones thirty days expired the speaker sounds like crap kinda like a blown speaker. Any suggestions
    if the volume is up all the way, try turning it down one knotch. the speaker may be underpowered by the amp at the highest volume and taking it down a bit might help.
    There are four lights.
  3.    #3  
    tried that first but no luck I guess now I just have to live with it for 2 years. Man I should've bought an iphone lol
    Are you sure you didnt have the speaker up all the way and some sound has blown it ....

You tried a reset although not sure why that would help.. cant you return it for repairs within the 1st year?
  5.    #5  
    return to who I bought it at bestbuy
    well here in the UK you can return any goods within 12 months and they have to fix the issue ...
  7. KTM
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    If it blown? suck on the speaker it will sound great but just in your mouth
    I thought it was the Touchstone but i have not used it since the 2nd speaker?
    I thought magnet to magnet pulling the speaker cone down was killing them
    No it's is just crappy speakers and they won't improve them
    Having fun
    my speaker went out after 3 days..... keep in mind im on my 6th palm pre. talk about frustrating.
    Im currently having the same problem with my 3rd pre. All have blown speakers My first lasted 2 weeks, second almost a month, and this one Im on now was mabey 2 weeks. I got the second new pre from sprint with no questions within the 30 days but I did not realize that the 30 day period did not restart. So basically when the second speaker crapped I was left to TEP and got a refurbished phone. This phone like i said has quit making any sound and all Sprint and Palm has said is this is not a known issue and I should get a refurbished replacement. I cannot believe I paid 500 a month and a half ago for a refurbished phone. I told Sprint they had to do better than that or I would consider leaving, I haven't heard back yet. I was wondering if anyone had advice or similar problems and how they handled it. I don't feel this is being caused by my use, I have gone so far as to only stream music over the headphone jack still the ringer and alarm killed the speaker and it wasn't maxed out. I guess I'm just frustrated and lookin for a shoulder to cry on lol. I love the phone hate the speaker.
    Make sure that it's not the 1.3.1 sound issue. It truncates sounds (text alerts, nav voice, mp3's, etc).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Pre number 5 here. I am a machinist by trade and have issues with the speaker attracting shavings and dust. This has never been a issue in the 15 years I have carried a phone at the shop. Several of the guys have iphones- None of them have this issue. Palm doesn't seen to give a rats *** about this issue. Thank goodness I opted for the insurance....