Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm having a problem with my launcher. I can't access anything on my phone other than my contact list. My launcher is completely empty and it happened after i didn't pay my bill and my phone got shut off. Now that the bill is payed and my service is back on, I still have nothing in my launcher. Anyone ever experienced this?
    Hmm, no tweaks or anything? It doesn't sound likely to me that the phone getting shut off could do this on it's own, but I guess maybe it's possible.

I assume you've rebooted since?

Only other solution would be to use webOS Doctor, I think.
    Second the WebOS Doc.

Those damn nano's.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Hmm, no tweaks or anything? It doesn't sound likely to me that the phone getting shut off could do this on it's own, but I guess maybe it's possible.

I assume you've rebooted since?

Only other solution would be to use webOS Doctor, I think.
    I've tried just about everything, and I dont know if I can use the webOS Doctor. I tried loading the webOS quick install and it doesn't recognize the phone. However I can access it via USB mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Konranjyoutai View Post
    I've tried just about everything, and I dont know if I can use the webOS Doctor. I tried loading the webOS quick install and it doesn't recognize the phone. However I can access it via USB mode.
    webOS Quick Install needs the device to be in developer mode to work, which is why that wouldn't recognize it. To do that you need to type 'upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart' into the launcher and it'll come up, but maybe not since you're having launcher issues.

webOS Doctor should always work though. If that doesn't recognize the Pre, turn it off entirely. Then, hold volume up, and plug it into the USB of your computer, and you'll see a giant USB symbol on the screen and then it'll be recognized by webOS Doctor.
    Sounds like someone has been patching the launcher then applying another patch.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    Okay, I just started having this issue.
    A blank Launcher.

I have NO homebrew apps installed, and never have.

I have a few apps (Weather, AP News, RadioTime, Pandora) that I've had for the last year.
    The newest app I installed was, "World Cup Manager", last night.

For whatever reason now, I have a blank Launcher.
    I tried rebooting (10x), tried pulling the Batt (10 times), finally tried webOS Doctor.

Went into my profile and still having the same problem.

I created a new profile and the launcher is fine.
    What can I do to get my original profile to work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkirk View Post
    Okay, I just started having this issue.
    A blank Launcher.

I have NO homebrew apps installed, and never have.

I have a few apps (Weather, AP News, RadioTime, Pandora) that I've had for the last year.
    The newest app I installed was, "World Cup Manager", last night.

For whatever reason now, I have a blank Launcher.
    I tried rebooting (10x), tried pulling the Batt (10 times), finally tried webOS Doctor.

Went into my profile and still having the same problem.

I created a new profile and the launcher is fine.
    What can I do to get my original profile to work?
    Assuming universal search still works. Open the pre's keyboard and type device info, open the application, click more options, then software at the top left and then scroll down to the world cup manager, click on and delete this app, restart device via orange+sym+r and see if that has solved your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Assuming universal search still works. Open the pre's keyboard and type device info, open the application, click more options, then software at the top left and then scroll down to the world cup manager, click on and delete this app, restart device via orange+sym+r and see if that has solved your problem.

Forgot to mention that I had uninstalled it, and most of my other apps but the ones I use all the time, in hopes that would help.
    It didn't.

Going to try the OSR reset now, just to say I have.
    brb
    Didn't work.
    Sounds like you have a corrupt launcher file somewhere. Maybe try webOS repair utility with overide compatibility turned on.
    Quote Originally Posted by pip smith View Post
    Sounds like you have a corrupt launcher file somewhere. Maybe try webOS repair utility with overide compatibility turned on.
    Assuming I can figure out how to do that, I'll give it a go when I get up later today.
    Will let you know if that works.
    Cheers.
    Just download the file from here http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...ty-v2-1-a.html and put it in the same folder as the right doctor version you have.
    Make sure your pre is in dev mode and plug it into your pc.
    Then open the repairutility file and choose overide compatability and then let it run.
    There are instructions in that thread so I recommend reading those.
    Post or pm if you need any more help.
    Will do, thanks!
    Not working, can't actually get Repair to get past loading WebOSDR.
    http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...v2-1-a-11.html
    If you have installed the named or tabbed pages launcher patch it can cause this type of thing.

When you type does your universal search bring the apps up? If so, launch preware and remove whichever patch of the above two you have. Reboot your Pre and your app icons should return. Then remove all other launcher patches, reboot and reinstall the patch you had but install it first. After that all others should be fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by pastorrich1 View Post
    If you have installed the named or tabbed pages launcher patch it can cause this type of thing.

When you type does your universal search bring the apps up? If so, launch preware and remove whichever patch of the above two you have. Reboot your Pre and your app icons should return. Then remove all other launcher patches, reboot and reinstall the patch you had but install it first. After that all others should be fine.
    I don't have any apps installed, at least no patches or homebrew stuff.
    I don't have the preware app at all.
    I don't have any apps installed, at least no patches or homebrew stuff.
    I don't have the preware app at all.
    IDK then... visit the Dr.
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    webOS Doctor will take a while to download. (For me, it takes what seems like forever.) Make sure it really failed before you give up.

Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.
    Okay, so I had other problems with the phone besides the launcher. Asurion just sent me my 3rd Pre today.
    I Activated it, logged into my original profile and guess what... my launcher is STILL blank!
    So, it must be tied to the profile somehow, because when I create a new profile all is fine.

*sigh*
    So, now, how do I resolve the issue of a blank launcher on a "new" phone with my original profile (that has all my contacts etc on it)???
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast