Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi,
    Is there a way to backup my bookmarks on my Pre?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coolecho View Post
    Hi,
    Is there a way to backup my bookmarks on my Pre?

Thanks
    As of version 1.2.0 bookmarks are backed up to your Palm Profile automatically.
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    As of version 1.2.0 bookmarks are backed up to your Palm Profile automatically.
    I recently got a replacement Pre...AFTER 1.2.1 installed. My bookmarks did NOT restore to my new device from my Palm Profile - I'm just sayin'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Habious View Post
    I recently got a replacement Pre...AFTER 1.2.1 installed. My bookmarks did NOT restore to my new device from my Palm Profile - I'm just sayin'...
    Did you do a full erase after updating your replacement to 1.2.1? If not, that could be why you it did not retrieve all of the information from your Palm Profile. See this thread. http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...-contacts.html

It does work and I have confirmed it. Just sayin' Also, it says so on Palm's website.
    Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    does the new phone have to have 1.2 loaded before the profile sync? Mine did not restore and I picked it up sunday. Old phone had 1.2.1 but new phone was still at 1.04
    Quote Originally Posted by keri2000 View Post
    does the new phone have to have 1.2 loaded before the profile sync? Mine did not restore and I picked it up sunday. Old phone had 1.2.1 but new phone was still at 1.04
    What you need to do is update to 1.2.1. After 1.2.1 is up and running, do a full erase and everything should load. Also, make sure between after updating to 1.2.1 and doing a full erase you do not manually backup your phone to the Palm Profile. This could overwrite some of the information. After your full erase you should be all set.
    Are bookmarks getting backed up for everybody using WebOS 1.3.5? I could swear they didn't get restored for me.