webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > Memo Transfer
Memo Transfer
Like Tree2Likes

Old 10/20/2009, 02:46 AM   #1 (permalink)

OK - I'm seriously frustrated.

How the heck do I transfer memos FROM my Palm Pre to any other source? (preferably my laptop). I have over 100 memos that I would really like to easily manipulate.

I've even connected ssh and tried accessing via some sqlite3 commands that was posted on a "how to" page, but apparently the tables are now different.

Anyone have any idea? This is pretty ridiculous.

Thank you for any help you can provide
granite777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2009, 04:10 AM   #2 (permalink)

Email them to yourself; It sends it as text. On the memo page, click on the top menu and "Email memo..." option.
Zaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/20/2009, 02:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

Problem is, I want to do it in a batch fashion. If I have to do every memo by hand, I might as well just look at the memo and write them all down by hand.

Any ideas on how to batch transfer all of them?
granite777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/22/2009, 01:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

anybody knows how can i move my PalmOS memos from Palm Desktop to my Palm Pre?
amjz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2009, 01:40 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjz View Post
anybody knows how can i move my PalmOS memos from Palm Desktop to my Palm Pre?
Id like to know this as well.
SUPERK44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/28/2009, 12:54 PM   #6 (permalink)

Did this one ever get solved? I have over 100 memos as well sitting on my Palm Centro, waiting to get transferred...
dminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009, 08:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

To transfer memos from any Palm OS device to Palm Pre:

1. Make sure that your running the latest Palm Desktop software.
2. Sync your PalmOS device with your Palm Desktop software.
3. Download The "Data Transfer Assistant" from Palm website (Palm.com : Data Transfer Assistant (Windows))
4. Connect your Palm Pre to your PC using USB cable and select USB Mode.
5. Run the Data Transfer Assistant and follow the steps to transfer memos contacts calenders tasks to your Palm Pre.
6. when finished unplug you Palm Pre from your PC.
7. The Data Transfer Assistant wizard will run on your Palm Pre and transfer all thing just wait untill Transfiring finushed.
8. Restart your Palm Pre and all your memos contacts calenders tasks will show up and transfered and ready to go.
Liked by Rnp likes this.
Thanked by BenL, SUPERK
Old 11/29/2009, 09:48 AM   #8 (permalink)

what about from Pre to another source?
enemigo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/29/2009, 10:10 AM   #9 (permalink)

Yes you can export Contact or memos to CSV or TXT files. and import them into Palm Desktop or Google contacts ...

First you need to locate and transfer a file called: PalmDatabase.db3
This file found on Your Palm Pre here:
/var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3

Use WebOSQuickInstall to save this file to you PC.

Then to export Contact or Memos from this file zou need a software called SQLite. Download it from here: sqlitebrowser.sourceforge.net

after installing the SQLite, Run it then choose Open to open the PalmDatabase.db3 file.

From Menu choose File>Export>Table as CSV File.
Then From "Table Name" choose "Com_Palm_Pim_memo" to export your Palm Pre memos. or Choose "Com_Palm_Pim_Contacts" to export your Palm Pre contacts.

The export file will be saved as a CSV file and it can be easily imported into Palm Desktop or uploaded to Google Contacts or any other source that support CSV files.
Liked by mc_gusto likes this.
Old 11/30/2009, 10:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks AMJZ.

That did the trick. Now, I have pages full of these dorky little post-it notes. With the Pre's lack of categories on the memos, I have resorted to using the 4 colors to categorize my memos into 4 large categories. Sigh...

Well, this is better than nothing! Thanks for you help.
dminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/30/2009, 11:35 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjz View Post
To transfer memos from any Palm OS device to Palm Pre:

1. Make sure that your running the latest Palm Desktop software.
2. Sync your PalmOS device with your Palm Desktop software.
3. Download The "Data Transfer Assistant" from Palm website
4. Connect your Palm Pre to your PC using USB cable and select USB Mode.
5. Run the Data Transfer Assistant and follow the steps to transfer memos contacts calenders tasks to your Palm Pre.
6. when finished unplug you Palm Pre from your PC.
7. The Data Transfer Assistant wizard will run on your Palm Pre and transfer all thing just wait untill Transfiring finushed.
8. Restart your Palm Pre and all your memos contacts calenders tasks will show up and transfered and ready to go.
My contacts, calendar and tasks transferred but NOT my memos. HELP!
Premie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/01/2009, 09:43 AM   #12 (permalink)

Your welocome @dminer

@Premie Please make sure your using the latest version of Palm Desktop, also check your Memos in Palm Desktop and make sure the Memos out there and exists.
If still have problem then try to export the Memo Database file from your Palm device and copy it manually to Palm Desktop Folder and try again the 8 steps above.
Thanked By: dminer
Old 12/30/2009, 05:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks so much amjz!! You're explanation of using that SQLite browser saved me. Why haven't I found mention of this anywhere else? Oh well. THANKS!
ryran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/10/2010, 11:43 AM   #14 (permalink)

I'm close to purchasing the Pre+ and am lining things up in terms of transferring my PIM data from my Centro.

I would like to know if it's possible to separate the import process for just my Memos, only? Does the import procedure for the Pre/Pre+ have this feature or does it do everything (Contacts, Calendar, Memos and Tasks) in one fell swoop?

I already have my contacts and calendar ported to Google and will "Synergize" them into the Pre+. So, that's taken care of.

Any other tips I should know about that are helpful?

Thanks!
dhyamato#WN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/02/2010, 07:11 PM   #15 (permalink)

I successfully transferred my memos to PalmPre from Centro by using a add-on software that you can add to your memos. Its is called Memo2card. You can buy it on palmgear.com and install into your Pre classic or palm os. Then you are able to export the memos into your card, into a specific folder you create.
Once the memos are in the card than you can connect via USB to your Pre and copy to your desktop, or via card reader on palm os SD cards.
familypractice2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 09:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

hello guys, i need to get my memos from my pre but i do not know how to access the palmdatabase.db3. do i have to root it?

thank you
ceperon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/02/2010, 11:55 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceperon View Post
hello guys, i need to get my memos from my pre but i do not know how to access the palmdatabase.db3. do i have to root it?

thank you
Start by installing webOS Quick Install on your PC, and once you are familiar with that, you should be able to follow the instructions in message 9 of this thread.
johncc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/10/2011, 04:48 PM   #18 (permalink)

the link for the csv importer on the developer site is broken. Can anyone upload please?
bulls96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/17/2011, 11:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

I am trying to get the Memos from my Palm Pre. I don't see /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 when I connect my Pre to the USB port as a drive. There isn't even a /var directory. I've also searched and there isn't a PalmDatabase.db3. But I wasn't sure I was supposed to see that, using that method, so I went ahead with installing WebOSQuickInstall. As far as I can tell, I have installed that correctly. It seems to connect to my Pre because Tools, Device Management gives a read out of the Device Info for my device.

Any ideas for me?
larryx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/27/2011, 11:45 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx183 View Post
I am trying to get the Memos from my Palm Pre. I don't see /var/luna/data/dbdata/PalmDatabase.db3 when I connect my Pre to the USB port as a drive. There isn't even a /var directory. I've also searched and there isn't a PalmDatabase.db3. But I wasn't sure I was supposed to see that, using that method, so I went ahead with installing WebOSQuickInstall. As far as I can tell, I have installed that correctly. It seems to connect to my Pre because Tools, Device Management gives a read out of the Device Info for my device.

Any ideas for me?
Under the Tools menu in WebOSQuickInstall is an option called "receive file". Select that and type or paste that /var... path in, and tell it where on your PC you want the file to go. It will transfer in seconds or less.
wla2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
memo, sync, transfer

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0