Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK...I've had my Pre for about a week, and just tried to send an mms message yesterday. The person I send to, does NOT recieve the message, nor do I recieve any pix message sent to me. I talked to Sprint to make sure that something didn't need to be 'turned on' on my account, but they said that as long as I can access the internet on the phone, then I should be able to send/recieve pix msgs. I have NO problem sending SMS messages...just pix.

Anyone else have the same issue?
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    I had this issue the first time I tried sending a MMS and a simple restart fixed it.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
    I had this issue the first time I tried sending a MMS and a simple restart fixed it.
    Thanks, but that was the first thing I tried. No luck. At one point I thought that it may have been an issue with the size of the pic, but I've sent everything from 200K to 1M...nada!
    for some reason i can't receive an MMS but i can send them fine. whenever someone tries to send me a picture, it says "failed to download message" but no errors when i send a picture out.
  5.    #5  
    After over 2 hours on the phone with Sprint and an hour at a Sprint Repair Store, I've become incredibly 'disenchanted' with Sprint.

Still cannot sent or recieve Picture mail to/from outside the Sprint network. Tried to/from Verizon and AT&T. I'm still a Verizon customer (have another phone with them), spent 30 mins on the phone with them to see if there was a 'block'/issue, etc. on their end (Sprint accuses them of having the issue).

I can send/recieve to/from other SPRINT customers...imagine that?!?!

QUESTION TO ALL YOU PRE LOVERS (like me):
    Has anyone had an issue sending/recieving from customers of other carriers...specifically PICTURE MESSAGES. Regular txt msgs are not a problem.

HELP!!!!!
    I have no problem with this. I have a buddy on VZW that I exchange picture messages with all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by timbenson View Post
    QUESTION TO ALL YOU PRE LOVERS (like me):
    Has anyone had an issue sending/recieving from customers of other carriers...specifically PICTURE MESSAGES. Regular txt msgs are not a problem.

HELP!!!!!
  7. ZR1
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I had tried 3 times the other day to send picture attached to sms it sends and shows no error on my end, but he never received it. I think he's Alltel. I know he's not Sprint

ZR1
    I ALSO cannont send pics with my Pre. What is the deal with this? I can recieve pics but when I try to send one it says "Could not send message due to a network error"
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    if you are having issues sending to someone off network this could be a switching or routing issue somewhere between companies. its impossible for anyone you speak to on the phone to see exactly where it is failing once it goes outside the sprint network. there are some troubleshooting steps on the network side that can be done to try to change how the device handshakes but if it doesn't fix the issue a ticket is required to find the issue location which could be on the receiving networks side and which they(the other company) will have to fix.
    I'm having the same problem. if you tap on the yellow triangle, it says "Unable to Send Message - Device is full. Delete files to clear space"

Yes device info shows 7GB available.

Wth?
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have been able to receive picture message via text since July when I got my phone...this is my third Pre and I cannot receive them anymore. The only person I get pictures from uses AT&T.
    i installed a patch that lets me send audio/video. when i try to send audio file it says "unable to send message. device is full. delete files to clear space." device is not full though. got a few gigs free. ***?
    My pre just started doing this. No idea why. I could send picture messages just fine last time I tried. But this morning something just isn't working. I didn't install any patches or anything since it was last working. Weird. I guess I will do some probing to figure out what is going on after my tests are over.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Ask a sprint rep to refresh your phone settings on their end. This should clear it up. Or there is a technical reason they are blocked. And technical support would be needed if the first idea doesn't work.
    No problems here at all with any of the other carriers (VZ, AT&T or TM). Some other devices can not receive MMS so keep aware of that. I remember that some blackberry's couldn't directly receive MMS (if it wasn't from another bberry). They'd have to go thru a website to get them. They would only receive a direct notification that an MMS is waiting at x-website.com , etc.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by white8785 View Post
    I'm having the same problem. if you tap on the yellow triangle, it says "Unable to Send Message - Device is full. Delete files to clear space"

Yes device info shows 7GB available.

Wth?
    I am having this issue for the first time since I updated to 1.35..says device is full and I need to delete files to send the video, the same video I sent to someone else. I deleted one of the ones I sent previously, and I still didnt have enough space. Shutting down now, I will see if that works...wait for it...didnt work ..

Anybody have any thoughts??
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    My husband and I are each unable to send pics. now...seems to be since 1.3.5 because we were able to before the update.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by charm13s View Post
    I am having this issue for the first time since I updated to 1.35..says device is full and I need to delete files to send the video, the same video I sent to someone else. I deleted one of the ones I sent previously, and I still didnt have enough space. Shutting down now, I will see if that works...wait for it...didnt work ..

Anybody have any thoughts??
    Quote Originally Posted by Knsnik View Post
    My husband and I are each unable to send pics. now...seems to be since 1.3.5 because we were able to before the update.
    I have been having this issue for over a month.... I have an employee account and they tried telling me that my plan needed to be changed and told them that my plan doesnt need to be changed. Finally after all the run arounds, someone from sprint told me its an outage with about 75% of the population. I said what can we do about this for the mean time, they said we can credit your account 5 dollars for the pic mail add-on. I said your damn sure gonna do more than that and hung up on them. But ive been having this problem also since upgrading to 1.3.5.1!!!! If anyone has a fix, pleaseeee post!!!!
    My wife and I are also having this issue. It seems to come and go, but often we are unable to send or receive pictures via SMS. I wish Sprint would come up with a solution because I'm ready to cancel my contract!
    It's unbeleivable to me how everyone here is blaming sprint for this issue when, from my point of view, the issue appears to be Palm's issue. I was sending and receiving picture messages perfectly fine sine I got the phone on it's release date. I was prompted for an update, and was happy to comply since Palm FFFIIINNNAAALLLYYY incorporated the much overdue video capability. Once the update installed, I was no longer able to send pic messages. So, to all of you Sprint bashers on this thread... please do tell me how this is Sprint's fault.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast