Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    Hi bclancy,

support is on the way. We have clarified how we will implement it. I 'only' have to do it.
    I hope to get the fixed version ready at the beginning of the next month.

HaPe
    Thank you very much. If there is any way I can help you, please let me know. (Otherwise I will just be patient.) I am grateful for the volunteer time you are putting into this project. Again, if you think I can help in any way (even looking for other "free" Bibles) just let me know.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    Wikipedia is great for this translation research:

Copyright 2001, 2007 by Crossway Bibles, a ministry of the Good News Publishers of Wheaton, IL

The Apocrypha 2009 by Oxford University Press, Inc., of New York, NY
    Forgive me for asking dumb questions, but I just want to be sure. If I download a Sword module for the ESV for free, converting it to whatever is fine for my own use, but copying it and giving it to someone else in some way comes with the limits imposed by the copyright, yes? Or does converting it (even for my own use) constitute copying the whole thing (which it would seem is not to be done without permission)? Or is this kind of a gray area that no one really has a perfect answer to? My guess is the latter.

I'm thinking that if I download a sword module and I'm using it electronically for my own use, that's pretty much what the distributor of the module intended (even though I'm not using their program), so I'm on pretty solid ground.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Thank you very much. If there is any way I can help you, please let me know. (Otherwise I will just be patient.) I am grateful for the volunteer time you are putting into this project.
    Thanks, will do.

Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Again, if you think I can help in any way (even looking for other "free" Bibles) just let me know.
    I think it will be in every once interest if we collect sources for bibles in the Zefania format. If you ind some, simply post them in this thread.

HaPe
    I'm not going to have time to figure out how to do this on my Mac, so I'd be happy to donate some money if someone could convert the New Chinese Version (both Traditional and Simplified character versions) to the Simple Bible format. I see that only the Simplified version is available on the Zefania website, but both are available in Sword format.
    HaPe,

Have you made any changes to your converter? I notice that when I convert a translation, the result is no spaces between the chapter:verse number and the verse itself.

i.e.

3:16For God so loved the world...

instead of

3:16 For God so loved the world...

Thanks for your work.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Ubunite

I finisched the new version, that fixed this and otber bugs, yesterday. It will be out soon.

HaPe
    Fantastic. Looking forward to it.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    I posted a new version, the download link is the same. You find it in the first post of this thread.

Here are the changes:
    V091027:
    - support for the apocrypha books in the catholic bible
    - fixed some formatting issues
    - hint for the 'fakepath' problem of IE8
    - support for the new path and toc file naming convention of Simple Bible 0.12.x

HaPe
    Thanks, HaPe.

Unfortunately, I am running into a problem. I deleted the translations I had previously converted using your app, and have re-converted them using your latest app. Now when I try to reinstall them, I am able to install one, but as soon as I try to install any of the others, Simple Bible tells me that it is already installed. I tried clearing the cookies...

Is this an issue with your app or with Simple Bible?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Thanks, HaPe.

Unfortunately, I am running into a problem. I deleted the translations I had previously converted using your app, and have re-converted them using your latest app. Now when I try to reinstall them, I am able to install one, but as soon as I try to install any of the others, Simple Bible tells me that it is already installed. I tried clearing the cookies...

Is this an issue with your app or with Simple Bible?
    I Expect it is the problem the francy desribte in the Simple Bible tread:
    Quote Originally Posted by frankos72 View Post
    It is likely a problem with the .toc file. This is a bit technical, but here it is.

The .toc file is a .json file. The very first item in there is something like:
    "work":"en_kjv",

When you go to install it does a quick cross check to make sure there are no other files installed with the same "work" variable. In the case of the example above it would be "en_kjv".

So, open the various .toc files you have that HaPe's converter created and see if they all have the same work name. If so, change it and you should be good to go.

Let me know if this doesn't fix it.

Jev
    The contens for that value is taken from the Zefania source file. So if you have two source files with the dame value, then you will have that problem.
    It is the 'identifier' and 'language' (The eng will be translated to en) tag in the Information block. You can open the Zefania file in a text editor an check the values

Code:
      <INFORMATION>
        <title>English Standard Version</title>
        <creator>Mod2Zef (4)</creator>
        <subject />
        <description>&lt;a href="http://www.esv.org/"&gt;Learn more about the ESV.&lt;/a&gt;</description>
        <publisher />
        <contributors />
        <date>2009-10-11</date>
        <type />
        <format>Zefania XML Bible Markup Language</format>
        <identifier>ESV</identifier>
        <source>WWBS</source>
        <language>eng</language>
        <coverage>provide the bible to the nations of the world</coverage>
        <rights>The Holy Bible, English Standard Version ?2001 Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.  All rights reserved.</rights>
      </INFORMATION>
    Hi i started to convert a file from the opensong website, renamed the file to an .xml, however using the converter it has taken a good bit of time ~3 hours so far is this normal? I just wanted to make sure. What's a typical time? Also wanted to say thanks to everyone who made this possible, many times I like to read the Bible in class, or in reference to a question, however don't have reception, thanks for making this possible! Just know that your work is bringing glory to God, and making his name known!

Thanks again

Ben
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi humvman,

this is not normal. The time should be max. 1-2 Minutes on current hardware.
    What file do you tried to convert. Can you post a link to it?

HaPe
    hi hape! yea i'll pm you the link, precentral isn't letting me post it in my reply I started converting again last night, and it's still going right now i would say about 12 hours, it's working for sure right now its creating the .toc file.
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi Humvman,

the file you send me will not work. The ESV in a XML format, but it is not the Zefania Format that the converter supports.

You can get the ESV as a sword module here: The SWORD Project

Then can convert it to the Zefania format with this converter:Bible Resources Archive: Sword bible to Zefania XML

Now you can use my converter to create the Simple Bible version.

HaPe
    Quote Originally Posted by HaPe View Post
    I Expect it is the problem the francy desribte in the Simple Bible tread:

The contens for that value is taken from the Zefania source file. So if you have two source files with the dame value, then you will have that problem.
    It is the 'identifier' and 'language' (The eng will be translated to en) tag in the Information block. You can open the Zefania file in a text editor an check the values

Code:
      <INFORMATION>
        <title>English Standard Version</title>
        <creator>Mod2Zef (4)</creator>
        <subject />
        <description>&lt;a href="http://www.esv.org/"&gt;Learn more about the ESV.&lt;/a&gt;</description>
        <publisher />
        <contributors />
        <date>2009-10-11</date>
        <type />
        <format>Zefania XML Bible Markup Language</format>
        <identifier>ESV</identifier>
        <source>WWBS</source>
        <language>eng</language>
        <coverage>provide the bible to the nations of the world</coverage>
        <rights>The Holy Bible, English Standard Version ?2001 Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers.  All rights reserved.</rights>
      </INFORMATION>
    That was the problem. Looks like I have some poorly formed Zefania modules. They don't contain any of the information you listed above!) I manually added the "work": item to the converted files, and they imported just fine into Simple Bible.

Thanks.
    Thanks Hape you da man!
    Okay, having trouble with the conversion from sword module to zefania. When I follow the instructions in post #34 above, everything works, but I noticed that on my Pre, none of the words of Jesus were there! I figured this was a red-letter formatting thing that just wasn't getting through, so a little further investigation has led me to the zefania file produced, where the words of Jesus also do not appear. I went so far as to download and install the Sword project just to see if everything is there, and all the words appear in the Sword project software. So I know the source is here somewhere. I just think the mod2zef tool is dumping them for some reason.

Anyone else experienced this? HaPe, it looks like this converter to zefania is not yours, but do you have much experience with it? Any other way to get to zefania from sword modules?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    A little more info, got the same result when trying to convert a kjv sword module to zefania as well. So it's not specific to one version.
  19. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    thanks for this!!
  20. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a New American Bible version (catholic) that would work on the Pre??
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast