Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I started installing WebOS Quick Install and after it downloaded I got a message saying...."No handler for.....WebOS Quick Install.....! I have tried it three times now and get the same message.
    It basically has stopped me cold on installing any tweaks and patches.
    Do I have to install something else first?

Any thoughts please!
    It means you're not in developer mode on your pre.

Just start typing on the main screen of your pre upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart and then turn developer mode on.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hey thanks for the info. You were correct that the developer mode was off. I went and turned it on...but still I get the same "no handler" message after trying to install the WebOS Quick Install.
    Looking at "WebOS Quick Install v2.72 and beyond" post #1 by Jason, he mentions other requirements...WebOSDoctor recovery rom, Java 1.6 (Mac OS X???)and Novacom....Am I supposed to install those also????
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    you have to install them on your computer not on your Pre... you basically downloaded the files to your in-phone hard drive.... you can extract them from your device by puting your pre into USB mode when you connect it to your computer. THen in COMPUTER/(Drive letter)PRE:/Downloads you can put these files on your desktop to start the instalation. if you just make a shortcut then dissconnect your pre they wont install because it will try to open the file saved on the pre. Copy/paste or move the files to the desktop.
    Last edited by traclimb; 01/08/2010 at 05:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Probably a silly question, but do you have Java installed on your computer?