Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Nice find, Derossi. Seems a little easier than calling them and lying my *** off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Here is a thread that does one poke for a QWERTY/Z issue as far as I can understand the issue. Perhaps the same is possible for GPS? Should not the factory be able to apply the GPS settings as explained here though for that QWERTY setting?
    Hm, interesting... It may be possible, then. Not really the type of poke I was thinking of, but still...
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I did all that using the QXDM tool and I was able to pull up my phone and see code in the memory viewer but bringing up those locations showed all zeros. I think they might have changed the location in 1.3.1.

What sucks now is that I can not get out of DIAG mode on my USB since I enabled it via novacom and I can not disable it within the phone without the code. And I can not seem to get novacom working to disable it within that because of it being in DAIG mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Here is a thread that does one poke for a QWERTY/Z issue as far as I can understand the issue. Perhaps the same is possible for GPS? Should not the factory be able to apply the GPS settings as explained here though for that QWERTY setting?
    As far as I know (and I'm the author of the Meta-Doctor tool used to change the keyboard type), the settings for GPS are not stored in that NVRAM area.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    As far as I know (and I'm the author of the Meta-Doctor tool used to change the keyboard type), the settings for GPS are not stored in that NVRAM area.

-- Rod
    Yeah, I was wondering about that... Good to know, thanks!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Alright, just called the sprint palm pre support number and the guy gave it to me without any issues. I just told him I seemed to have changed a setting that messed up my USB port and that I can fix it but the phone is asking me for the MSL code. The guy didn't flinch and gave it to me in like 1 second like he knew I was going to ask.
    Calling [Advanced] Tech Support is the way that I went. Called a direct # that I don't plan on giving out here... first guy picked up, I asked for the MSL, and he gave it to me without questions (of course after he asked my name, number, & pin).
    I could get the USBPASS hashcode to work on the gsm pre BUT when i enable diag mode nothing happens, windows doesn't ask for a new driver and doesn't recognize another device. so i can't use qpst. can someone please help?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead-227 View Post
    Did I overlook a post, or are there still no Windows 7 64-bit drivers?
    You did not. There are currently no 64 bit drivers available. I definitely don't know enough about creating drivers to make some either. From the research I have done on how to make them, it seems to be no easy feat. I too am on the edge of my seat to see if anyone knows how though.
  10.    #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    What sucks now is that I can not get out of DIAG mode on my USB since I enabled it via novacom and I can not disable it within the phone without the code. And I can not seem to get novacom working to disable it within that because of it being in DAIG mode.
    Have you rebooted your Pre?

Quote Originally Posted by einalex View Post
    I could get the USBPASS hashcode to work on the gsm pre BUT when i enable diag mode nothing happens, windows doesn't ask for a new driver and doesn't recognize another device. so i can't use qpst. can someone please help?
    Are you in developer mode?
    I recently doctored my phone and updated to 1.3.1 and my GPS isn't working. When I do ##GPS# I get an error occured. I tried doing the instructions with USBPASS and Diag setting to either of the ports, and I get prompt for the drivers but it won't take the drivers, first thing that gets recognized is identified as Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model and then a Generic Serial.
    correct, same here.

win xp will no longer recognize the drivers for 1.3.1 ....

it prompts for drivers, but the one from bezel wouldnt work for it.

odd?
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    install the terminal app from preware and type:
    mpt x
    press enter and your usb should be back to normal
    Yup
  15.    #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I recently doctored my phone and updated to 1.3.1 and my GPS isn't working. When I do ##GPS# I get an error occured. I tried doing the instructions with USBPASS and Diag setting to either of the ports, and I get prompt for the drivers but it won't take the drivers, first thing that gets recognized is identified as Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model and then a Generic Serial.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    correct, same here.

odd?
    Been into QPST several times since 1.3.1 and no problems with drivers here.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    correct, same here.

odd?
    I am not able to get the drivers installed for the Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model and the Generic Serial devices either. On 1.3.1 and WinXP. Did you figure this out?
    Last edited by rudedog830; 11/21/2009 at 09:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rudedog830 View Post
    I am not able to get the drivers installed for the Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model and the Generic Serial devices either. On 1.3.1 and WinXP. Did you figure this out?
    I was able to figure out the problem with the drivers. The hardware id rev version that the driver is looking for is 0216. However, my hardware id rev version on my device was 0316. I was able to edit the driver files to replace the '0216' with '0316' for the Pre device. The drivers installed perfectly and I was able to successfully update the GPS settings through QPST.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I'm experiencing the same issue, after the update to 1.3.1 it won't recognize the drivers, i also noticed that some values doesn't match, i don't know if they matched before, but the classguid in the .inf files differs from the value that the new unrecognizables devices shown, same thing happens with the hardware id's, i tried to change the values in the .inf files to force the install, but it didn't work... any idea?
    I came across these drivers on another forum, and they seem to work in XP with 1.3.1. I'm able to access my Pre via serial in BitPim, but I'm not trying to use the phone for GPS right now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Hmm... so what now?? What's going on?

New drivers are needed for 1.3.1 or no?
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast