Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I never said that GPS would work in Classic, and not sure where you got that impression. Motionapps simply hasn't written in any GPS support into Classic. What I was saying is that Palm would almost definitely allow Garmin or TomTom to write an application for webOS, but neither company would probably want to bother with it.
    You are right, sorry for an error I made. My posting was meant to be an informative response on the first part of the posting you responded to, but I clicked on the wrong quote. Should have been the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by KnoxBNYC View Post
    Does this mean that someone like TomTom can write a webOS version of their navigation softare, have the map data (which can be a couple gigs) stored on the /media/interal/ drive (USB drive) and you'll be able to use TomTom's software in, for example, Europe, where you have no CDMA signal (and in some situations, no WIFI)??

You think Palm and Sprint will allow this sort of thing for Sprint customers like me who travel to europe and at least want GPS navigation?
    just applied this hack and compared it to another pre. (one hacked, one not)

I can confirm aGPS WORKS! and this hack is working GREATTT

thanks Ebag333 for making this hack! awesome, to the point, easy instructions too!

edit: I believe this fixes the airave incorrect gps issue too!
    Last edited by trim81; 11/10/2009 at 05:33 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by einalex View Post
    could someone follow this howto on a gsm pre?
    I fail right at the beginning, because on my pre (o2, gsm) the hashcodes don't launch applications but initiate real calls to dead telephone numbers...
    help!

edit: hash codes on the gsm palm pre are:
    #*number# dial
    Quote Originally Posted by Holliefant View Post
    maybe I am stupid but #*477# will try to call someone on my german Palm Pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    .......Okay, so which hash code works for the GSM phones?
    I also could not get the hash codes working on my German GSM Pre. Looked into the code of webosdoctorp100eww-wr\resources\webOS\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.phone\app\models\DialStringParser.jsjsjs

As I understand it:
    1. The GSM and Spint versions differ in the hash codes they accept
    2. The strings for activating hash codes are: on CDMA: ##[number]# or #*#[number]# on GSM: #*[number]#
    3. I have to hit dial (green) after the closing # to get the codes working on my GSM Pre
    I will log my findings on the appropriate place for Hash codes on the Pre
    4. The difference in supported hash codes includes a missing GPS hash code on a GSM Pre. That would explain why Holliefant and I noted that the GPS hash code #*477# dials out when hitting green. I could not check this on an unmodified Pre. However, it does not work (dials out) on my GSM Pre with webOS1.2 (Sprint). As a check the helphelp hash code (at your own risk) does work: displays device info
    Last edited by Dick99999; 11/10/2009 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Sequence changed
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Well, I had this problem today, no signal, no data connection, no GPS, how stupid. I was in a strange town and didn't have any kind of a paper map of the county or town. This hack is way over my head and way to scary. I use my phone for work and sometimes that can be a problem if the office has to call me and I don't know where I'm going, I think I'm just going to buy ANOTHER stand alone GPS. And I really liked Sprint Navigation, it is a better GPS than the 2 high end GPS's I sold, I'm really disappointed. I will have to use the phone as a backup instead of my primary. I have used Sprint Navigation on my last phone and never had this problem I guess I was never out of coverage with that phone.
    Now if only we could download a full Google maps program that didnt require a data connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonaddis84 View Post
    Now if only we could download a full Google maps program that didnt require a data connection.
    It'll come in time. That's the ONLY thing the Droid has that I want. That's too good not to be developed for other platforms.
    I had applied the hack and was enjoying much faster accuracy and acquisition times. I had also created a script and cron job to upload my location to a server every 10 minutes. Everything was working great.

I updated to WebOS 1.3.1 when prompted this past weekend and my cron job stopped sending data. I more or less expected this. I'll be reinstalling my script and cron task. Just to make sure, I re-ran QPST and checked the GPS settings and found that they had been reverted to their original state. Everything was disabled except for Assistance-Spherical.

I've re-enabled all the other gps options and I'll probably check them periodically now, especially after each WebOS update.

Can anyone else confirm that the 1.3.1 update reset the GPS settings?
    Quote Originally Posted by derossi View Post
    Can anyone else confirm that the 1.3.1 update reset the GPS settings?
    Yes, I can confirm this. My settings were back to default as well. (Bell Pre)
    is it possible to turn this into a patch?
    I used webOS Doctor to 1.2.1 before upgrading to 1.3.1 and my settings were mostly reset to normal as well after doing so.

As you can see, it kept the Sprint server settings, but reset the types of GPS.
    hmmm. do you know if it resetted for non doctored upgrades too?
    Not sure, but derossi said it does.
    I didn't use WebOS Doctor and it reset my settings as well (the check boxes, anyway).
    just opened up mine.....disabled the checkmarks as well

(I did not doctor)
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    is it possible to turn this into a patch?
    Very unlikely, Hangman... It's not something that a patch would be able to do. Perhaps if the patch system were made using pokes and peeks, yeah, but not yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vermithrax View Post
    Very unlikely, Hangman... It's not something that a patch would be able to do. Perhaps if the patch system were made using pokes and peeks, yeah, but not yet.
    Here is a thread that does one poke for a QWERTY/Z issue as far as I can understand the issue. Perhaps the same is possible for GPS? Should not the factory be able to apply the GPS settings as explained here though for that QWERTY setting?
    Did I overlook a post, or are there still no Windows 7 64-bit drivers?
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    How are you guys getting your MSL numbers? I called sprint and they told me that they are not allowed to give those out.
    I just called Bell (should be the same with Sprint), and gave 'em a line about how I'd been on the phone with Palm support, and I needed the Master Unlock Code to do a full reset of the phone. They bought it.
    Quote Originally Posted by aliatgb View Post
    How are you guys getting your MSL numbers? I called sprint and they told me that they are not allowed to give those out.
    I followed these instructions, which I got from another post. I saved them to my local disk, so my apologies that I cannot give credit to the original author.

This assumes you are using windows XP, have rooted your Pre, and installed the Qualcomm COM port drivers (attached below). All versions up to WebOS v1.1 are covered. The AMSS firmware version now reads CC1.2(334).

You must also have the Qualcomm QXDM (Diagnostic Monitor) software. It's available, google is your friend.

Put your phone in passthrough mode by logging into your Pre AS ROOT:
    Code:

root@castle:/# mpt d userial
    Pass-through enabled for Diag

Open QXDM, choose OPTIONS, then COMMUNICATIONS, and select the proper com port under "Target Port". If you can't choose the port, then go into your windows device manager and move the com port to a lower number under the advanced settings.

Look at the COMMAND line at the bottom of QXDM, it should show "Mode: Streaming" if everything is working.

Hit F4 and the memory viewer will pop up. Choose 2 rows using the dropdown, then click on the Address box and paste in 0x00A622BA for WebOS v1.1, or 0x00A5C2AA for older versions.

You should see a 6 digit number on the right column followed by dots. That's your SPC/MSL!
    tech_sas likes this.
Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast