Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 541 to 560 of 610
Like Tree1Likes
  1. wynet's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #541  
    I'm using Verizon Pre Plus. Here in Indonesia. And the Pre+ injected with local operator number here.

    And yes, the GPS is so suck. Hardly to get it fixed, and mostly failed. I try the method from first post but still not helping much. Trying GPS fix, aGPS patch, patch for VZ nav, still not give me a adequate result. Is there anything I can do about this? Or it's hardware issue?

    And other thing. I never use Google Service, because if I try to use Google Service, it always give me wrong coordinate. My real coordinat should be around -6.9xxx, 107,xxx. But if i'm using Google Service, it jumped to 444.xxx, 107,xxx. It's nowhere in the map. Is there anything I can do about this?

    Thanks a lot.
  2. iDG
    iDG is offline
    iDG's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #542  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    And other thing. I never use Google Service, because if I try to use Google Service, it always give me wrong coordinate. My real coordinat should be around -6.9xxx, 107,xxx. But if i'm using Google Service, it jumped to 444.xxx, 107,xxx. It's nowhere in the map. Is there anything I can do about this?
    rwhitby.net : Palm Pre GPS doesn’t like my hemisphere
  3. #543  
    Occasionaly ATT Navigator (Telenav) reports the "Dont have GPS signal in your area" I had many days of use without this message. Over this past weekend I was getting the message all the time.

    Any suggestions? Is there a diagnostic tool for WebOS that I can use to debug what is going on?

    thanks
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  4. #544  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Occasionaly ATT Navigator (Telenav) reports the "Dont have GPS signal in your area" I had many days of use without this message. Over this past weekend I was getting the message all the time.

    Any suggestions? Is there a diagnostic tool for WebOS that I can use to debug what is going on?

    thanks
    In the interactive tests submenu of the device info app, there's a thing to test the GPS.
  5. #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by wushu2004 View Post
    In the interactive tests submenu of the device info app, there's a thing to test the GPS.
    You can also try a luna restart...that gets things going for me when i'm not getting any gps data


    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  6. wynet's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #546  
    So? It's anything I can do to fix this? It's only happen if I'm using Google service only without GPS. when using GPS, it give the right coordinate.
  7. #547  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    So? It's anything I can do to fix this? It's only happen if I'm using Google service only without GPS. when using GPS, it give the right coordinate.
    Google services isn't going to provide accurate gps coords

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  8. iDG
    iDG is offline
    iDG's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    So? It's anything I can do to fix this? It's only happen if I'm using Google service only without GPS. when using GPS, it give the right coordinate.
    It used to happen even with the GPS, and there was no cure at the time.

    You can try to only enable standalone GPS to see if it works better.
    In the item.txt file, change the line:

    Code:
    400,NV_GPS1_CAPABILITIES,255
    to be:

    Code:
    400,NV_GPS1_CAPABILITIES,64
  9. wynet's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #549  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    Google services isn't going to provide accurate gps coords

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    I know it won't, but at least not giving 440+ degrees differences than the actual GPS.
  10. #550  
    erm ok HELP please! Ive read through all the post, I changed my 216 to 316, made sure my devmode thingy is on, restarted my device a couple of times, but I can not get the drivers to install ...

    I open usb passthrough .. change port 1 (and Ive tried 2) to DIAG - I get the lil pop up on my computer that says its looking to install drivers ... and then it fails. I do not see/am not offered an option to "direct it to where I saved the files" -

    Im on win 7 64bit ... any suggestions?? Thank You!

    (EDIT) errm ok I think I "get it" .. there are no drivers for 64bit??? is that the issue????
    smiles for your day ~ pixielee
    In a love/hate relationship w/my PalmPre(s) 6/6/09 3/22/10 4/12/10 and 5/5/10 (ops yes I lost one!)

    Its Life - Live it, Love it, PLAY in it
  11. wynet's Avatar
    Posts
    38 Posts
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    #551  
    Quote Originally Posted by iDG View Post
    It used to happen even with the GPS, and there was no cure at the time.

    You can try to only enable standalone GPS to see if it works better.
    In the item.txt file, change the line:

    Code:
    400,NV_GPS1_CAPABILITIES,255
    to be:

    Code:
    400,NV_GPS1_CAPABILITIES,64
    my palm pre plus is CDMA palm pre plus, is it okay to run this?
  12. iDG
    iDG is offline
    iDG's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #552  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynet View Post
    my palm pre plus is CDMA palm pre plus, is it okay to run this?
    Nobody came out to confirm or deny.

    If you can run QPST, you can try to enable ONLY standalone mode instead of all the other checkboxes.
  13. #553  
    I've run my pre+ standalone ay times with good results...

    [i]-- Sent from my Palm PrPrPr
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  14. #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Occasionaly ATT Navigator (Telenav) reports the "Dont have GPS signal in your area" I had many days of use without this message. Over this past weekend I was getting the message all the time. Any suggestions? Is there a diagnostic tool for WebOS that I can use to debug what is going on? thanks
    GPS on my ATT PRE+ is officially flaky. This morning it worked fine on a 25 mile ride into the city. On the way home it would get the signal and then lose it within 90 seconds. Running the WebOS GPS test would bring the signal back only to see it lost again within a minute or two. This happened repeatedly for the first 20 miles. For the last 5 miles I never lost the signal!

    My GPS has been reliable for 4 months of heavy use. Now it finds and loses the GPS signal daily. I have applied the NVRAM change in post #1. I only changed the GPSOne Capabilities to 0xFF. Nothing else was touched.

    Any suggestions? Could a reflashing 1.4.5 provide any help. Seems like flaky hardware to me. Thinking about callilng ATT and asking for a hardware replacement.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  15. #555  
    Tried the Chat Support option on Palm.com. Tech suggested turning LBS off/on. After a brief walk around outside the GPS lock seemed better. Will doing more testing over the next few days. Would be pleasantly surprised if this fixed my problem.

    UPDATE: Still had GPS locking problems after the LBS off/on. However, turning off The Mode I set up for GPS seemed to help. I need to do to more driving to confirm. Will post a question to the Mode Switch thread.
    Last edited by swieder; 10/20/2010 at 08:55 PM.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  16. iDG
    iDG is offline
    iDG's Avatar
    Posts
    37 Posts
    #556  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    UPDATE: Still had GPS locking problems after the LBS off/on. However, turning off The Mode I set up for GPS seemed to help. I need to do to more driving to confirm. Will post a question to the Mode Switch thread.
    The GPS on my GSM Pre is very flaky too. In standalone mode it works somewhat better, but sometime it still gets stuck until I power cycle the modem. It's probably a software issue: sometimes I have MyGPS reporting the correct coordinates and updating every second, yet any other application requesting GPS information stalls for 20-50 seconds before obtaining a lock.
  17. #557  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Tried the Chat Support option on Palm.com. Tech suggested turning LBS off/on. After a brief walk around outside the GPS lock seemed better. Will doing more testing over the next few days. Would be pleasantly surprised if this fixed my problem.

    UPDATE: Still had GPS locking problems after the LBS off/on. However, turning off The Mode I set up for GPS seemed to help. I need to do to more driving to confirm. Will post a question to the Mode Switch thread.
    The mode I created for the car was turning off WIFI to save on the battery. Seeme to be a no-no if you want a decent GPS signal lock. With WIFI turned on my GPS is back to normal.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  18. #558  
    Quote Originally Posted by iDG View Post
    As far as I know, the NV ITEM number for the GPS1 capabilities is the same for CDMA and UMTS. The file only changes item 400 (it does not enable the custom PDE server settings), so it should work. You should use the Qualcomm tool to record the original value of item 0400, so you can put it back if it does not work.
    Thanks. I've been a little tied up with other projects. I'll be sure to report back when I am able to get to this one.
  19. #559  
    Just got back from Europe where I tried and failed using my pre with stand alone gps(with Navit)
    I thought I messed up something when doing the mod but I'm happy that it works back in the US with Sprint service. It seems that I'm missing something or doing this on top of WebOS 1.4.5 is not working. The gps fails to get a fix in airplane mode no matter what I do. With Sprint service everything is back to normal Althogh the accuracy is kind of bad like (8 m reported from Mapping tool is the best I get) but Navit seems to route me just fine so I'm happy that this works here just fine.
    I was thinking that in Europe I didn't get a fix because of the PDE setting but again this is only used when you have service coverage. I tried the airplane mode with wifi on and still no go in europe. I wish my pre served me as gps and not just phone book in GSM land. Always hated to carry 2 phones with me Had to carry around one more device (pre, gsm, and stand alone gps)
  20. #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by BoRn View Post
    gps fails to get a fix in airplane mode no matter what I do. With Sprint service everything is back to normal Althogh the accuracy is kind of bad like (8 m reported from Mapping tool is the best I get) but Navit seems to route me just fine so I'm happy that this works here just fine.
    I was thinking that in Europe I didn't get a fix because of the PDE setting but again this is only used when you have service coverage. I tried the airplane mode with wifi on and still no go in europe. I wish my pre served me as gps and not just phone book in GSM land. Always hated to carry 2 phones with me Had to carry around one more device (pre, gsm, and stand alone gps)
    mmm... I think that Airplane mode shuts down all the radios (phone, wi-fi, bluetooth AND gps).

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions