Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 610
Like Tree1Likes
  1. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    I just checked mine, and the default value is set at 3. I wonder if that could be part of the reason why some carriers have worse GPS experiences?

    Who is your carrier?
    I'm on verizon; just tried gps first thing when i woke up and it took over a minute again; back to the drawing board i guess.
    What's also strange is how ip and port don't stick on my pixi, and when i read those items in QXDM, they return "parameter bad".
    If you have time, could you please list what default values you have for the following items and whether they're acive or inactive by default:

    400
    401
    402
    403
    404
    426
    452
    823
    824
    825
    1032
    3293
    3756

    TIA
  2.    #442  
    QXDM does the same for me. I wonder if other versions of QXDM might work, or perhaps the NV item needs to be formatted differently....I know that for other devices people have changed the PDE address.

    Code:
    00400 (00 by default, FF if modified as in the first post.)
    00401 Parameter Bad
    00402 Item Inactive
    00403 0
    00404 1
    00426 Parameter Bad
    00452 3
    00823 Item Inactive
    00824 Item Inactive
    00825 Item Inactive
    01032 1
    03293 Item Inactive
    03756 3
  3. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #443  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    QXDM does the same for me. I wonder if other versions of QXDM might work, or perhaps the NV item needs to be formatted differently....I know that for other devices people have changed the PDE address.
    I'm using QXDM v3.11.36; as for ip address, it has to be entered in hex with QXDM, so 66.174.95.132 for example would be entered as 42AE5F84.
    I set Item 1032 to 1 from 3 and couldn't get a fix even after 2 minutes; changed it back to 3 and got a fix in about 30 seconds.
    It's a real pain to try to troubleshoot this stuff as data caching is an uncontrollable variable in how long it takes to get a fix; i'll see if i can find a way to temporarily disable caching and force it to get a cold fix every time.
  4. #444  
    Could you please figure out the corresponding NV items of the settings of the aGPSone tab in QPST. These are unreachable on GSM Pre. I would like to switch on standalone GPS also.. (QPST doesnt let me edit GPSone properties ).
  5. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    Could you please figure out the corresponding NV items of the settings of the aGPSone tab in QPST. These are unreachable on GSM Pre. I would like to switch on standalone GPS also.. (QPST doesnt let me edit GPSone properties ).
    402 = allowed, i.e. the top left checkbox in QPST's GPSOne tab; set to 0x01 active

    400 = capabilities, i.e. all the other checkboxes on the left; set to 0xFF to select all

    401 = ip address, doesn't seem to be accessible in QXDM

    426 = port, doesn't seem to be accessible in QXDM

    404 = mobile vs. pde; 0 = mobile, 1 = pde
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    Could you please figure out the corresponding NV items of the settings of the aGPSone tab in QPST. These are unreachable on GSM Pre. I would like to switch on standalone GPS also.. (QPST doesnt let me edit GPSone properties ).
    That's actually where I was going with this. If the GSM NV settings are the same, you could do this mod with QXDM.

    Wanna test it and report your results back?
  7. orizzle's Avatar
    Posts
    230 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    #447  
    oh wow thanks with this guys. My launch day sprint pre's gps recently went crazy and wouldn't show my correct location/lock (off by a few miles). Now it works like it did before, actually better and faster. Really good instructions.
    Je fais ce que je veux avec mes cheveux!!! Sprint: Pre+ 2.1
  8. #448  
    So, with an European GSM Pre, how should I proceed to get it working in standalone GPS mode? I also tried the whole QPST procedure but, as expected, the GPSone tab is not present.

    Has anybody been successful with it? I would be really happy to make a donation to anybody providing a working solution to this.

    KR
  9. mhous33's Avatar
    Posts
    99 Posts
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by registroaplicacion View Post
    So, with an European GSM Pre, how should I proceed to get it working in standalone GPS mode?
    You can try changing the settings with QXDM as outlined in my previous post. It's warez so i can't post a link but you should be able to find it the way one usually finds warez. Just a heads up, you do need to have QPST installed and configured for your phone to be able to use QXDM as it pulls the com info from QPST's config info.
  10. #450  
    I glanced through the first posts and was quite interested in what was written.
    Now I am a noob with how GPS' work, but does this mean we can use GPS without data?
  11.    #451  
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaBoy View Post
    I glanced through the first posts and was quite interested in what was written.
    Now I am a noob with how GPS' work, but does this mean we can use GPS without data?
    Yup. Though if you leave aGPS enabled it will still attempt to connect to the aGPS server.
  12. #452  
    hi. i am from germany and i just bought a palm pre today and i am not using a data plan. i want to use gps on my palm pre. but google map asked me to connect to internet. how can i use gps without internet and how can i get the maps. can anyone help me?
  13.    #453  
    You would need a stand alone GPS solution. There are some options out there, but that is outside the scope of this thread. Search the forums or create a new thread.
  14. #454  
    this didnt enable standalone gps for me. I Got GPS error when i put Pre in airplane mode and did everything. Probably because i get terrible signal around my area.
  15. #455  
    Thanks to your effort and indications, I've been able to tweak my Pre and now it seems standalone GPS is working in my GSM Pre.

    I have just made 2 tests outside with Navit while in Airplane mode and, for now, it has been able to locate my position. Will test it further and report issues, if any.

    For those interested, I followed Ebag333 indications in his first post until QPST and drivers were installed in windows, DIAG mode configured in my Pre and the port defined and connection working between the Pre and QPST.

    Later on, I installed QXDM and selected the NV Browser view, filtered by GPS category. There, you can access the specified item numbers in mhous posts (by selecting them), and modify them (by pressing space bar to enter an new value, then press intro and select write with each one).

    I modified all the items identified in previous posts from 400 to 3756 with the proposed values. There are some of them which I am not sure about (i.e. mobile vs PDE in item 404, but the most important is that it seems to be working anyway).

    If you have a better understanding of them and the most appropriate values, please, post them here ;-)

    Feel free to ask me any question on this, if I can be of any help. And thanks again to all of you!

    PS: It would be nice to have a better control of the whole GPS thing in the Pre, including connection, GPS modes, satellite availability and catching, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    You can try changing the settings with QXDM as outlined in my previous post. It's warez so i can't post a link but you should be able to find it the way one usually finds warez. Just a heads up, you do need to have QPST installed and configured for your phone to be able to use QXDM as it pulls the com info from QPST's config info.
  16.    #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by registroaplicacion View Post
    Thanks to your effort and indications, I've been able to tweak my Pre and now it seems standalone GPS is working in my GSM Pre.
    Most excellent!

    Quote Originally Posted by registroaplicacion View Post
    Later on, I installed QXDM and selected the NV Browser view, filtered by GPS category. There, you can access the specified item numbers in mhous posts (by selecting them), and modify them (by pressing space bar to enter an new value, then press intro and select write with each one).

    I modified all the items identified in previous posts from 400 to 3756 with the proposed values. There are some of them which I am not sure about (i.e. mobile vs PDE in item 404, but the most important is that it seems to be working anyway).

    If you have a better understanding of them and the most appropriate values, please, post them here ;-)
    The PDE stuff won't apply to you unless you can input the IP address and port, something that I haven't been able to do. Item 404 goes along with that.

    Other than that though, the rest should apply. Do you remember the default values you had? Which carrier are you with?

    If another GSM user (or two) also posts positive results, I will add these instructions for using QXDM to the first post.
  17. #457  
    My current GSM carrier is Vodafone (Spain) working with an unlocked (previously Movistar, Spain) GSM Pre. I need some time to confirm the values I set (though they are mostly the same that have been posted previously): I will post them back a soon as I check them again.

    PS. Indeed, Item 404 was not available to be modified.
  18. #458  
    I have a german O2 Palm Pre. QXDM did not let me read the GPS NVRam entries mentioned in the previous posts ("invalid parameter"). The connection to the Pre has been established because QXDM showed some other NVRam parameters and the GPS signals. I tried to write the 400 and 3756 parameter (0xff and 3)
    The Pre survived this and this morning I got a quick GPS fix without being logged in the mobile net after a complete restart.
  19.    #459  
    I've updated the first post with instructions for GSM users. I've also cleaned up the instructions for CDMA users, and added a section with the old (manual) method in it, for those who want to hack it old school.

    Hopefully the guide is a bit easier to follow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by niseidea View Post
    I found another Verizon GPS IP address... typed it in and things started working

    Verizon:
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile
    Have any Verizon users tried these settings? Good/bad?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions