Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    i'm still getting good results with agps and aflt off. Every now and then i have to start a couple gps apps to get things moving. Usually I do this wth a gps only app (gps trip panel). I still think there is a deep issue with the gps sleep protocol....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
  2.    #422  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Is this GPS enhancement support on the ATT Pre+?
    Unfortunately the GPS tab doesn't show up in QPST for GSM phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Unfortunately the GPS tab doesn't show up in QPST for GSM phones.
    Does this mean that the Pre+ does not have the Qualcomm chipset or that the application is just a bit behind?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Try removing and reinstalling the patch.
    Tried that, no luck.
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Does this mean that the Pre+ does not have the Qualcomm chipset or that the application is just a bit behind?
    It's an app designed for CDMA chips, not GSM.

Quote Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
    Tried that, no luck.
    I've had that happen before, I don't recall what I did to correct it though. I suspect I had to reset the phone back to defaults and reinstall the patch on a clean phone.
    although i'm having much better gps results, i'm finding that if my gps is really stuck asleep, ie cached loc in gmaps & nothing in gps trip panel or gps wrestler fails, and multiple gps apps launched all fail to wake it, then a luna restart seems to work consistently.
    Last edited by jhodnettejr; 06/07/2010 at 08:20 AM.
    I use a mac for all my modifications to my Pre, is there a way to get this to work via a mac? I've had trouble trying to get the novacom drivers working properly on my Vista 64 pc.
    A general question re passthrough mode since you all have experience with this here:

I had a strange problem after unlocking my GSM O2 Ireland Pre (using Nextgenservers solution and during this process enabling passthrough mode as well) - the battery went from lasting well over 1 day down to 6-7hrs - even when not using it. (with GPS, BT, 3G, background syncs for facebook, email etc etc completely disabled).

After 2 weeks of this and checking various things, I noticed that I forgot to switch back the passthrough to normal (i.e. the Pre when plugging into the PC did not ask whether to "charge" or switch to "USB mode" anymore). This must have caused the drain, because after resetting the passthrough mode, the battery is back to its normal capacity.

Does anybody know why this could be, i.e. why the passthrough/and or developer mode could cause such a battery drain?
    I did a true Airplane Mode test, on an hour layover in Chicago now. Really cool, thanks for the GPS tips! It works great for me, I had the window seat... I don't think it would well work in the middle seat and probably not at all in the aisle. It would take about 1-3 minutes to lock on, if I held the phone in the window it would go straight to High Signal and hold. In my lap it would immediately go to medium signal and some times low signal. If i moved it more then 3 feet from the window it would lose signal. Very cool to see live mph and altitude though! I wish there was an app to store maps and view position via standalone GPS.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by aleras View Post
    Does anybody know why this could be, i.e. why the passthrough/and or developer mode could cause such a battery drain?
    My only thought is that passthrough mode being enabled disables other modes. So IIRC, it blocks network connections (not phone service, but internet).

So it could be that your e-mail and other web based apps were hammering the internet trying to get a connection, and couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by frankdavis View Post
    I did a true Airplane Mode test, on an hour layover in Chicago now. Really cool, thanks for the GPS tips!
    Very nice. You don't see almost 400 MPH and 32k feet very often.
    I found another Verizon GPS IP address... typed it in and things started working

Verizon:
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile
  12. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Where did you find it?
    Quote Originally Posted by niseidea View Post
    I found another Verizon GPS IP address... typed it in and things started working

Verizon:
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile
    i don't have any aGPS options selected, but updated the server info anyway...just in case i feel like trying it.

THANKS
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    hello, I have a sprint palm pre and use in Argentina, no has data service because there is no sprint here, only GSM, so i use that just as a handheld, I apply this hack and seems to work the GPS alone, apparently connected only once at first, but gives me the coordinates of the other part, the last time was in the middle of the sea (google earth show me it using de coordinates) then it's like no more signal or can not find any satellite, or change the unique fix that appears st the start,,,, any suggestions?.
    Another thing: i applied this hack to 1.4.0 firmware, then i went to 1.4.1.1 with webos doctor and the last configuration was cleared. The same thing happened to version 1.2.1 to 1.4.1.1 upgrade using wifi, also cleared the settings entered, I had to apply the hack again. any suggestions?. Sorry for my english, Regards! very nice forum!
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    not sure why it stopped working but these settings are stored in the NVM and therefore shouldn't get wiped when updating or doctoring...
  16.    #436  
    Quote Originally Posted by mhous33 View Post
    not sure why it stopped working but these settings are stored in the NVM and therefore shouldn't get wiped when updating or doctoring...
    Shouldn't, correct. But it does actually get reset. In fact, there's only been one or two patches where it hasn't been reset.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    when I did this fix to my pixi the ip and port values showed up blank immediately after reboot, but all other mods have stuck after multiple doctorings...
    Last edited by mhous33; 06/14/2010 at 06:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    When i first did the QPST edits i got a quick location fix, but over time getting a fix started taking over a minute again. So I dug up some old notes from trying to get gps working on the motorola q and edited a few key settings with QXDM that can't be accessed from QPST. Now I'm getting fixes consistently within 20 seconds, though further testing is necessary to make sure the effects are long-lasting. If anyone is interested in experimenting with these QXDM settings, let me know...
    Last edited by mhous33; 06/15/2010 at 06:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    K i think i've isolated the NV item responsible for quicker fixes:

NV item 3756 GPSOne Dynamic Mode
    default value: 0
    mod value: 3

If anyone wants to try this please post what effect, if any, this has on fixes. QXDM is pretty intimidating, especially if you've never used it before, as many if not all changes made here are not fixed by doctoring, so try this at your own risk. Having said that, performing the above edit will not brick your phone, and you can always change it back to 0.
  20.    #440  
    I just checked mine, and the default value is set at 3. I wonder if that could be part of the reason why some carriers have worse GPS experiences?

Who is your carrier?