Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Quoting my post on another thread here:

"My first discovery is that PDEIS801.myvzw.com resolves to at least two IP addresses: 66.174.94.132 and 66.174.95.132, in round-robin fashion."

Pick one of these IP two addresses and put it into the proper QPST screen.....
    i decided to turn off the aGPS modes on QPST....this maybe a noob question but do I still need the PDE info on the QPST gpsone screen? i was using the ip addresses from the first page (216.XXX.XXX), can i use the one's above or are they for pixi???
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    ebag--followed instructions perfectly, and all worked fine. Just did ##477# in airplane mode, aand never got a fix. Both indoor and outside in miami.

redo it?
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    i decided to turn off the aGPS modes on QPST....this maybe a noob question but do I still need the PDE info on the QPST gpsone screen? i was using the ip addresses from the first page (216.XXX.XXX), can i use the one's above or are they for pixi???
    If you don't have the aGPS modes on (and why would you do that?), then you don't need the PDE information. It won't hurt to put it in, however.

The same IP's should work for all devices (Pre, Pixi, and any other device on that carrier).

Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    ebag--followed instructions perfectly, and all worked fine. Just did ##477# in airplane mode, aand never got a fix. Both indoor and outside in miami.

redo it?
    ##GPS# will not show a fix by default if the horizontal accuracy is over 100m. Which makes it about useless indoors, and throw an error plenty of times outdoors. I'm working on a patch to improve ##477#, and have an initial one out there that you can install.

Look for the GPS Diagnostic Additional information patch in the Phone section.

You can pull up QPST again and double check the settings, I've had them not stick occasionally.
    thanks E... I'm just trying it with agps off, since I still don't have good consistency. Especially transitioning from the cached location....or "waking" the chip...
  5.    #405  
    thanks E... I'm just trying it with agps off, since I still don't have good consistency. Especially transitioning from the cached location....or "waking" the chip...
    Interesting idea. I don't think anyones tried that yet. Are you using cached, standalone, and triangulation?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Interesting idea. I don't think anyones tried that yet. Are you using cached, standalone, and triangulation?
    just cached and standalone... But I may add back in the aflt...
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    So I just installed Jason Robitaille's "GPS in Device Menu" patch and I was able to use GPS with the Mapping Tool app (offline option) in airplane mode. I have the Sprint Pre. It must be in autonomous mode, right?
    ok people...i'm having above avg gps functionality with the following.

-QPST: both agps, aflt, and the aflt/gps hyb are off
    -autolocate on, loc using gps AND google serv
    -google backgrnd data ON

most of the time since yesterday afternoon i'm able to transition nicely from inside to outside. Still every few tries I have to get the gps going by trying a couple apps. Generally i'm locked in with 10ft accuracy.

testing to continue....
  9.    #409  
    ok people...i'm having above avg gps functionality with the following.

-QPST: both agps, aflt, and the aflt/gps hyb are off
    -autolocate on, loc using gps AND google serv
    -google backgrnd data ON

most of the time since yesterday afternoon i'm able to transition nicely from inside to outside. Still every few tries I have to get the gps going by trying a couple apps. Generally i'm locked in with 10ft accuracy.

testing to continue....
    What happens when you turn AFLT on?

In my experience it should give you a quick lock, but highly inaccurate (500-3K meters). But it may help the speed.

Basically give you a rough idea in seconds...then narrow it down within 10-30 seconds.
    What happens when you turn AFLT on?

In my experience it should give you a quick lock, but highly inaccurate (500-3K meters). But it may help the speed.

Basically give you a rough idea in seconds...then narrow it down within 10-30 seconds.
    I haven't tried it with aflt enabled....however, it will jump over to the old "no signal" spot up the rd, but then goes back to the cached last position. I'm getting a loc from the cached position in less than 30s prolly 80% of tries. The other 20% is around a minute or had to open a 2nd or 3rd app. The multiple app jump start has been the lowest %.
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    I'd like to revert at least the aGPS IP and other settings back to what they had been before I started exploring and patching. Does anyone know what they were? Thank you. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
  12.    #412  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    I'd like to revert at least the aGPS IP and other settings back to what they had been before I started exploring and patching. Does anyone know what they were? Thank you. {Jonathan}
    See the first post. It's from Sprint, but Verizon should be the same.
  13. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Has anyone else ever seen this page? I'm not real familiar with GPS programming so I'm not sure what it's actually saying, but some others on here (Ebag333) might be. Sounds to me like "open development devices" are currently being left out of the aGPS/PDE party.

LBS Network Certification
  14. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Did some reading on the web regarding QPST/gpsOne, and didn't understand 90% of it. (Forgive me if I don't use the correct acronyms or terminology here.) However, MANY folks out there have been recommending the following settings, so I gave it a shot. After restarting, I went outside and tried MyGPS. The app launched with the "Acquiring..." message. Just like is supposed to happen with aGPS, I saw the 3G connection go active for a couple of seconds, then dormant for a couple, then active again for a couple more seconds as the phone first sent data to the PDE server, then received a response. Immediately after the second 3G session MyGPS had a lock with horizontal accuracy of 12 (not sure how the units in that program translate to common distance measurements), which went to 3 within 5 seconds more. I did a phone restart, not Luna restart, but didn't pull battery, either. Same exact results. Anyway, the jury is still out on whether this will still work once the GPS chip "goes to sleep". Not sure what triggers that, but I'll keep using GPS periodically to see if results hold.

Here is my setup:

Verizon Palm Pre Plus
    Ebag333's "Enable Verizon aGPS Server" NOT INSTALLED (removed prior to trying these settings to isolate these new settings)
    See picture for QPST settings, but I'll post them below, as well:

All boxes checked
    PDE IP Address: 66.174.95.132
    PDE Port Number: 8888
    PDE Transport: IP
    Position Calculation: Mobile
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. ght
    Global Posts
    891 Global Posts
    Tried again yesterday afternoon and had the "no-wake" issue. I noticed that no 3G call went out for request of aGPS data. Perhaps this is a clue as to the disconnect? For some reason, something triggers a failure of the GPS system to either access the 3G radio to call for aGPS data, or failure of the GPS system to even attempt to request aGPS data. Could this also be why some (or maybe all) folks have fewer GPS issues when connected to WiFi? Perhaps the GPS does not have an issue making its request through WiFi, but does fail occasionally on 3G?
    I'm trying to do this, but the USB Passthrough patch doesn't seem to be working right; when I try to set USB port 1 to DIAG, I get an error saying "Can't set passthrough state: com.palm.usbpassthrough is not running"

What can I do to fix that/what am I doing wrong?
  17.    #417  
    Quote Originally Posted by spartanhooah View Post
    I'm trying to do this, but the USB Passthrough patch doesn't seem to be working right; when I try to set USB port 1 to DIAG, I get an error saying "Can't set passthrough state: com.palm.usbpassthrough is not running"

What can I do to fix that/what am I doing wrong?
    Have you tried rebooting yet?
    Have you tried rebooting yet?
    Yes, a full device restart. Should I try pulling the battery?
  19.    #419  
    Try removing and reinstalling the patch.
    Is this GPS enhancement support on the ATT Pre+?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)