Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415161718 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    AHHH.... It's not working!!! Keeps displaying "No Phone" in QPST Configuration *and* Service Programming...

I am using QPST 2.7 Build 323... I have Novacom drivers installed... I have beezlewaxin's driver(s) installed (had to edit the drivers to recognize rev 0316 instead of 0216)... I have the USB Passthru patch installed, set to "None" for all, except USB_PORT_1 is set to "Diag" (should ACM_USB_PORT1 be set to "DUN" or not??)... I have my MSL, but I can't use it because it still says NO PHONE!! [and I was never prompted for MSL after setting USB_PORT_1 to Diag, as was suggested, so maybe this is the problem?]

What I see is three COMM ports....

COM1.... Enabled.... COM1.... No Phone.... 115200 baud
    COM2.... Waiting.... COM2.... N/A............ N/A
    COM3.... Enabled.... COM3.... No Phone.... USB
    I had to uncheck that "Show serial and USB/QC diagnostic ports only" box in order to display the COM3 port... and I'm thinking that's the one I'm supposed to use in the Service Programming app, but I can't select it because it keeps saying No Phone.

Any ideas what's going on???
    And what's the deal with the USB Passthru app?? Does it not remember the state it was in when you close it? You can set everything to something other than "None"... but close it and then open it back up and it's all set to "None" again. :-/

I tried the mpt d command to see if that would allow QPST to see my phone, but still no go!! mpt x to disable passthru works. I'd reason that mpt d is working as well...

Which would leave the real trouble maker as the driver(s). I'm thinking this is the problem, but don't know how I can troubleshoot this. Any advice??
    And BTW... I don't have Sprint service setup right now... so perhaps that's why it keeps saying "No Phone"???

I just realized that this might make a difference, after I typed in ##(my MSL no.)#... said "Invalid MSL". Turned the phone radio on and was then able to verify my MSL... but QPST still says NO PHONE. Just wondering if actual service is necessary to do all this. I was leaning toward no, earlier... but now I'm not sure.

I also tried mpt 0d instead of just mpt d... and stilll NO PHONE.

This has got to be driver issues, right? Are these "newer" posted drivers really any different (better?) than beezlewaxin's drivers?? -- seen here: http://forums.precentral.net/2060521-post179.html
    OK... I knew something was fishy with the drivers, since it was asking for 2 drivers the first time I plugged it in.... then after editing the drivers to search for Rev_0316 instead of Rev_0216, the serial port driver was never prompted for... and I couldn't find it in the Device Manager!!

Had to reinstall to get back to a fresh state again and made sure to install the driver for serial port first and THEN the Reduced CDC Abstract driver. It was extremely important for me.

THANKS to all who have contributed to this thread!!!
    Basic question: is MSL/SPC code needed fo a GSM PRE (O2 UK) ?

tomi666 and SK64: did you use it ? If yes, how did you obtain it ?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RUB View Post
    From an inside Garmin advisor, I heard today they may be releasing a down loadable version of their XT that would be compatible with the Palm Pre. This XT would be similar to the TomTom Nav 6 as used on the Palm Treo series. My contact believes it would work with the Palm Pre internal GPS. No more missing maps from missing cell towers!! Maps will include USA & EU. Ck with Garmin !
    I sure hope that comes to be soon. I hate having to rely on data connections for GPS navigation to function properly. If Garmin releases such a beast, I will be first in line to download.
    I'd pay a good bit for some good offline mapping data...

Minimap is pretty cool, but it still requires a data connection.

Gimme this feature!!
    @grndslm: try out MapTool and follow the link in the first post for preparing offline maps from OSM.

I tried QPST 2.7 Build 348 (found in ppcgeeks forum) yesterday, but no GPSone tab either.. Seems QPST doesnt support GPSone settings for GSM chipsets.

I tried out GPS in airplane mode again and experienced a westbound misleading of about 1 kilometer constantly over 15 minutes. It vaniushed when switching data mode on. The satellitte data may be stored for a time but were outdated??
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    There are many customers of Bell Mobility in Canada who have been complaining recently that the GPS on their phones are not working. This complaint does not appear to be Palm specific but includes BBs.

If I disable aGPS and only enable pure GPS, would I be able to by-pass whatever problem Bell Mobility is presently having with its GPS service?

Edit: I should have stated that my own GPS is not working hence the reason I am looking for a fix. Thanks.
    Quintis,

Yes, this will DEFINITELY help you out.

Maybe not with your current navi-mapping service/app... but apparently with MapTool or Mapping Tool, it is possible to have offline maps, which is exactly what i need since i don't want to be relying on the internet at all.

I actually already had that Mapping Tool app already downloaded, but I don't see how to download the maps like you're talking about. Even lightly skimming, I'm not seeing it.... so if it's easy, perhaps a quick answer for us all. It's undoubtedly ON topic for THIS thread. (... if it's simple, at least)
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    There are many customers of Bell Mobility in Canada who have been complaining recently that the GPS on their phones are not working. This complaint does not appear to be Palm specific but includes BBs.

If I disable aGPS and only enable pure GPS, would I be able to by-pass whatever problem Bell Mobility is presently having with its GPS service?

Edit: I should have stated that my own GPS is not working hence the reason I am looking for a fix. Thanks.
    I attempted this and unchecked all services from aGPS, cached GPS and AFLT one by one until the only thing left was "autonomous." Nothing doing. I can't get a lock and when I use GPS Dashboard, I consistently get this message:

Satellite Strength too Low
    Horizontal Error = 1000.0m > 10m

Something is wrong with Bell Mobility's system as there are way too many people having problems with their mobile phone's GPS. This is odd because I thought that if I chose "autonomous" the GPS chip in the Pre would bypass the carrier altogether in getting a GPS lock. I guess I was wrong.
  12.    #252  
    I attempted this and unchecked all services from aGPS, cached GPS and AFLT one by one until the only thing left was "autonomous." Nothing doing. I can't get a lock and when I use GPS Dashboard, I consistently get this message:

Satellite Strength too Low
    Horizontal Error = 1000.0m > 10m

Something is wrong with Bell Mobility's system as there are way too many people having problems with their mobile phone's GPS. This is odd because I thought that if I chose "autonomous" the GPS chip in the Pre would bypass the carrier altogether in getting a GPS lock. I guess I was wrong.
    What happens when you use ##GPS# to try and get a result, instead of GPS Dashboard?
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What happens when you use ##GPS# to try and get a result, instead of GPS Dashboard?
    It gives me the proper fix but it is the only app that seems to work right now.
  14.    #254  
    It gives me the proper fix but it is the only app that seems to work right now.
    Then there's a problem somewhere outside of GPS itself.

Could be Verizon did something in the software to try and lock down the device. Would it be possible for you (or someone with a Pre Plus) to dump the file system and get it to me? I could diff the Sprint Pre to the Pre Plus and see if there are any differences that might explain it, it would help narrow it down to software vs hardware.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Then there's a problem somewhere outside of GPS itself.

Could be Verizon did something in the software to try and lock down the device. Would it be possible for you (or someone with a Pre Plus) to dump the file system and get it to me? I could diff the Sprint Pre to the Pre Plus and see if there are any differences that might explain it, it would help narrow it down to software vs hardware.
    I am using a Bell Pre not a Verizon Pre Plus. Sprint Nav was working fine on the Bell Pre until recently.
    After reading through the whole thread, the results seem great. One question that I couldn't find the answer to though was does it void the warranty? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I thought I'd ask. And it seems like a lot of people are having complications with the process; I'm trying to ensure I am completely confident in doing this hack.
    Finally got it back working. I had doctored with 1.3.5.1 and that kept giving me the usbpassthrough service not running. I put file in applied ebag333's patch still no go. I doctored down to 1.2.1 doctored to 1.3.1 then upgraded to 1.3.5.1 and I can now access all the functions I need to apply the gps fix.
    So you need to basically erase your phone (Doctor to 1.2.1) and start all over?
    I did. I had it working when I originally did the update to 1.3.5 but I was playing around and messed up some settings so I just doctored it to 1.3.5.1 and the files I needed wasn't there. I tried every workaround discussed and it wouldn't work. I had to doctor tonight and on a whim I tried the procedure I described above and now I can make the mods.

The important thing was that I doctored to 1.3.1 then let the phone app update to 1.3.5.1 and the files I needed remained on the Pre.
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    I am using a Bell Pre not a Verizon Pre Plus. Sprint Nav was working fine on the Bell Pre until recently.
    All is now working well in Bell Mobility land. Must have been a weekend glitch with Bell's GPS service. Hopefully that is the end of that. What a waste of time, thanks Bell.