Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Am I the only one getting prompted for a driver for this Reduced CDC Abstract Control Model (R-ACM)?

QPST is not showing my phone and I believe it is due to not having this driver, I never had a problem applying this GPS hack before.

I did get through the USBpassthrough using the copy/paste method above also, turned on DIAG for usb port 1, went into QPST config and it shows no active phones.
    Sounds like you need beezlewaxin's driver. You can find the link in the OP. If you have trouble with windoze not recognizing the drivers still then open up each one of the inf files and replace all 0216 references with 0316 as described a few pages back in this thread.
    Got it. I thought I was keeping up with this thread, guess I should have read back a few pages. I downloaded the other drivers that someone posted and that did the trick. Everything else went smoothly as usual. Wonder why some people are having this issue and others arent. I didnt have any problems when I upgraded to 1.3.1, just 1.3.5
  4.    #224  
    I've created a patch for USB Passthrough.
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...r-usbpass.html

Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    This patch does two things:

1) Bypasses the validation screen, so you no longer have to enter a code.
    2) Adds the USB Passthrough icon to the launcher, so you no longer have to manually enter ##USBPASS# (or #*#USBPASS#).

This is useful to enable Diagnostics mode for modifications such as enabling standalone GPS.

There are also a couple of interesting modes in USB Passthrough including a GPS mode and USBNet.
    How to re-enable usbpassthrough?
    I have updated from 1.2.1 to 1.3.5.1 and looks like passthrough wasn't disabled, it was destroed. There is no /usr/bin/mpt anymore.

I did copy usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs $the$ $the$ $specified$ $folder$ $and$ $copied$ $mpt$ $to$ /$usr$/$bin$ $but$ $still$ $cant$ $open$ $diagnose$ $port$. $What$ $else$ $is$ $missing$? $Maybe$ $chmod$ $something$?

Please help.
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin.neo View Post
    How to re-enable usbpassthrough?
    I have updated from 1.2.1 to 1.3.5.1 and looks like passthrough wasn't disabled, it was destroed. There is no /usr/bin/mpt anymore.

I did copy usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs $the$ $the$ $specified$ $folder$ $and$ $copied$ $mpt$ $to$ /$usr$/$bin$ $but$ $still$ $cant$ $open$ $diagnose$ $port$. $What$ $else$ $is$ $missing$? $Maybe$ $chmod$ $something$?

Please help.
    If you copied usbpassthrough-assistant.jsjsjs $over$, $have$ $you$ $tried$ ##$usbpass$#? $You$ $could$ $also$ $restore$ $the$ $original$ $and$ $try$ $the$ $patch$ $above$.

Also, mpt works just fine for me. You need to have a terminal program installed on your Pre if you want to use it, otherwise you will enable diagnostic mode but won't be able to disable it.
    Any reason when I did this my battery life took a serious hit? I have GPS disabled in the menu, should I do anything else?

Update: Thanks ebag333, you right...I put the settings back to default and then re-wrote the settings again and now it seems fine.
    Last edited by opacityzero; 01/16/2010 at 12:13 PM.
  8.    #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by opacityzero View Post
    Any reason when I did this my battery life took a serious hit? I have GPS disabled in the menu, should I do anything else?
    It should not. The GPS shouldn't be active when not in use anyway.

If the GPS is off in the menu, then you likely have another source of your power drain.
    Global Posts
    190 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    This all still can't technically work with a 64 bit computer, right? There needs to be 64 bit diagnostic drivers for this to work. Am I understanding that this is still the case and being able to launch terminal has nothing to do with connecting through QPST?
    64 bit drivers (tested on Win 7 x64) now available. Instructions can be found at h t t p : / / forums. precentral. net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/224004-palm-pre-guide-64-bit-windows-drivers.html (sorry for the spacing, but only my second post and cannot post url).

Thanks again for the wonderful information on this site.
    seems the reason for not showing the GPSOne tab in QPST.
    My GSM Pre cant get a GPS fix without cellular or data connection. Does anybody know how to access GPS settings, which GPS chip etc. ??
    Quote Originally Posted by sd_matto View Post
    64 bit drivers (tested on Win 7 x64) now available. Instructions can be found at h t t p : / / forums. precentral. net/palm-pre-tips-information-resources/224004-palm-pre-guide-64-bit-windows-drivers.html (sorry for the spacing, but only my second post and cannot post url).

Thanks again for the wonderful information on this site.
    So far I have been unable to get this to work following your instructions in the following link. Palm Pre - Guide To 64 Bit Windows Drivers - Mobile Files dot com
    There was some error that said it was unable to assign this device both times it installed the drivers. I believe this is the farthest I have gotten so far so I am optimistic. I will try again sometime when I have more time.
  12.    #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by SK64 View Post
    seems the reason for not showing the GPSOne tab in QPST.
    My GSM Pre cant get a GPS fix without cellular or data connection. Does anybody know how to access GPS settings, which GPS chip etc. ??
    Do you have the correct version of QPST?
    "GSM Pre - QPST reports chipset SURF6260, not 6800"

he most probably has, I have. It's not showing up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    Do you have the correct version of QPST?
    I have QPST 2.7 Build 323. It's a GSM Pre, not CDMA. I think must have a different chipset (some GSM features show up in the tabs of QPST). I also tried QXDM, it reported SURF-6250_NORF_NAND.
    In QPST Offline mode both dont show a GPSOne tab. Looks for me like GPS has an different chip (not integrated in Qualcomm chipset) for GSM phones. MPT also offers to pass GPS, but no drivers and no idea of appropriate software...
    I did not find any specifications of the chipset design for GSM-Pre in the www . No autonomous GPS for europe so far...
    I tried again QXDM and opened all GPS views while GPS was running.
    The result is in the attached screenshots.
    Still no idea how to change the GPS settings. Maybe an updated version of QPST is necessary?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Very impressive work. I hope this applies to the Pre Plus.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    From an inside Garmin advisor, I heard today they may be releasing a down loadable version of their XT that would be compatible with the Palm Pre. This XT would be similar to the TomTom Nav 6 as used on the Palm Treo series. My contact believes it would work with the Palm Pre internal GPS. No more missing maps from missing cell towers!! Maps will include USA & EU. Ck with Garmin !
  18.    #238  
    Still no idea how to change the GPS settings. Maybe an updated version of QPST is necessary?
    There may be a new one out there that you could try. I'd try searching for GSM phones and see if any of them have changed GPS settings.

Quote Originally Posted by swieder View Post
    Very impressive work. I hope this applies to the Pre Plus.
    No reason it shouldn't, as long as we're talking about the Verizon version. If the Pre+ gets released on GSM networks, they'd face the same challenge that the GSM Pre's are.
    The active GPS view in QXDM shows IMO that a GPSOne is running on the GSM Pre.
    I connected to QXDM again and tried out the NVRAM view. Some of the values could be read by QXDM but most were reported as "not available" including all GPS settings.

I read on another forum that there is a version 335 of QPST 2.7. Maybe this would recognise the correct chip version of GSM Pre?
    mpt d still will not work for me . i have downloaded the terminal and terminal services plugin already. wha am i doing wrong?