Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Hmm... so what now?? What's going on?

New drivers are needed for 1.3.1 or no?
    Not for me.
    Nor for I.
    hi i havent figure out the reduced cdc control driver issue, since updated to 1.3.1 the pre didnt show on my pc, it keep asking for these drivers, anyone solved this ?
    Hi, I have come across an issue on my Pre after applying the changes to my GPS described in this thread since the 1.3.1 upgrade.

As others have noticed, after the 1.3.1 upgrade, when I went into QPST, all the settings reverted back to the standard settings (i.e. only the Assistance- Spherical GPS option was enabled) so I went ahead an re-enabled all the others options. Everything was fine until I had to doctor my phone. After restoring my apps and settings, I remembered that the GPS options were reset so I fired up QPST again. To my surprise, this time the settings kept- all the GPS options were enabled. So I left everything alone until I started to notice that the GPS lock times were longer and less accurate. At first I thought it might have been due to some other patches I had installed. Eventually I decided to test out and see if standalone GPS was working. I turned on Airplane mode, restarted, and then went outside. I could not get a lock! From that point on, I went into QPST and played with the settings, but could not figure out why my GPS was so slow and inaccurate until now. I decided to test out stock settings (i.e. with just Assistance- Spherical enabled), and bingo! Got a lock within 10 seconds to within 3 meters- previously it was taking 30+ seconds to get a lock within 20 meters.

So what happened was at some point my GPS settings were reversed- i.e. the actual GPS settings stayed the same, but the options within QPST were reset to default. I am not sure at what point this happened, but it might have been during the doctoring process. Anyways, this is an FYI to anyone else who may be going through the same issue.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Any chance of being able to do this without polluting my Mac with Windows and without using the US hash codes? On a UK GSM Pre.
    (from another tread)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    I tried TomTom under Classsic, the PlamOS emulation app. It's TomTom v6 from my Treo 680. I copied all files form my 680 SD card to the virtual SD card under Classic. Installed it(= first run activation) with a few hiccups and restarts. A new activation code is needed since the Pre is assigned a different devices code in TT compared to my 680.
    Much of it runs: route calculation, preferences, map change, map activation. Since Classic does not support Bluetooth, turn by turn navigation does not work. There is no connection to my TomTom Bluetooth GPS receiver in Classic (The device is recognized the Pre itself). Would be great if there was a way to link the Pre's GPS into Classic.

I live in Europe and have no access (yet?) to free sprint and turn by turn navigation from Google. I Tested this on my GSM Pre running WebOS v1.2 (to benefit from full-Classic)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus
    ......Thanks for the clarification. I tried to load it but everytime I run it in Classic, I get an "armcode" error. I used to get this error with my T|X and it would resolve with a soft reset and pulling out the SD card. Now I can't get around the error. Can you tell me EXACTLY where all your files for TomTom are stored on the Pre? I'm guessing I've stored something in the wrong place............
    Hope this JPG with the directory structure helps. I did not get the armcode message, but do get the stack or something message (to few contig memory). Btw I just have the app running, no GPS connection, so no turn by turn navigation..... yet?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick99999 View Post
    Hope this JPG with the directory structure helps. I did not get the armcode message, but do get the stack or something message (to few contig memory). Btw I just have the app running, no GPS connection, so no turn by turn navigation..... yet?
    Worked like a charm. My error message is gone. Now I have to find my activation code!
    Global Posts
    672 Global Posts

I now have yet another problem. I can't seem to activate any of my maps! I went back to the TomTom website, inputted my product number and device code. Received a new activation code but no go. No matter which map I try to open, they all refuse my activation code.

Did you have any trouble activating the maps through Classic? How did you activate?

EDIT: Problem solved. I had the TomTom application loaded to the virtual SD card. When I loaded the application onto the internal memory of Classic, the activation code worked.
    Last edited by Quintus; 12/09/2009 at 02:52 PM.
    OK, now that I updated my GSM pre to 1.3.1 and modified bezels drivers to check for id 0316 isntead of 0216 I could install the drivers, add the port to qpst configuration and read the settings from the phone but there is no gpsone tab I could click on.
  10.    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by einalex View Post
    OK, now that I updated my GSM pre to 1.3.1 and modified bezels drivers to check for id 0316 isntead of 0216 I could install the drivers, add the port to qpst configuration and read the settings from the phone but there is no gpsone tab I could click on.
    What version of QPST are you using?
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Finally got around to doing this hack, I've been busy .... who am I kidding? It's more like I finally got the nerve to do this hack.

Big thanks to Ebag333, and to the guys that provided the drivers, sorry for not remembering your name(s).

I'll get back to you guys and let you know how this works out for me...

BTW, Sprint Rep just straight up gave me my MSL code, no questions asked.

And the instruction in the OP, piece of cake. Good tasty cake.
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    Ebag333, as I read elsewhere on this thread, you worked on other tweaks for the 800W. Other then your GPS work (which many of us appreciate greatly), are you working on any other mods for the Pre? Mods that you will share with us eventually?
    Visor/Sprint Springboard Expansion Module > Visor Platinum > Tungsten E > Centro (work) > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rudedog830 View Post
    I was able to figure out the problem with the drivers. The hardware id rev version that the driver is looking for is 0216. However, my hardware id rev version on my device was 0316. I was able to edit the driver files to replace the '0216' with '0316' for the Pre device. The drivers installed perfectly and I was able to successfully update the GPS settings through QPST.

GOD this was a LIFE SAVER! i couldnt get the stupid drivers to install... but opened all the files in text editor and replaced '0216' with '0316' and saved them all.... then tryed reinstalling the drivers and sure enough it worked.

now onto improving my GPS!

btw this should be noted up on the 1st page so people dont have to read through all 10 to find this out. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebag333 View Post
    What version of QPST are you using?

the one mentioned in the first post.
    the software manual says the features shown are automatically trimmed to the ones the phone reports...
    Sooooo, Im surprised no one has asked if this is Pixi compatable?

Edit: I think I may have just answered my own question, I put usbpassthrough into Diag mode and my computer popped up needing a driver for some Reduced control module or something, so I quickly stopped what I was doing haha.

Pixi must have a different GPS chip in it
    I can confirm that this works on a Pre flashed to Metro PCS (not activated yet).
    After flashing the phone, I never got correct location.
    Now I have checked autonomous, GPS Almanac, GPS Ephemeris, GPS Almanac Correction, and it works perfectly.
    I'll play more with it once I activate it on Metro PCS.

Thanks mr. hacker
    So you now need a access code to enable USB Passthrough mode to turn on diag. Also, it looks like the update seems to have reset the GPS back to defaults (again) so I hope there's a workaround for this found soon.

Edit: Scratch that, the mpt 0d command still works to do it. Does that command reset to default on a reboot? I guess I'll find out in two minutes when my Pre finishes.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 12/29/2009 at 03:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    You talking to me? ;-)
    Just pointing it out in general that things have changed. No idea about anything to do with GSM Pres, sorry.

Edit: And saw in another thread that it's mpt disable to put it back to normal.
    Where do you get the mpt code? I tried my msl that was not it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So you now need a access code to enable USB Passthrough mode to turn on diag. Also, it looks like the update seems to have reset the GPS back to defaults (again) so I hope there's a workaround for this found soon.

Edit: Scratch that, the mpt 0d command still works to do it. Does that command reset to default on a reboot? I guess I'll find out in two minutes when my Pre finishes.
    Be *very* careful with this; I did it, didn't know how to undo it, and was stuck without USB mode or being able (for some reason) to partial or full delete my Pre. FYI, the reversal command is mpt x; I've got USB mode back now, and will try webOS Quick Install too.

Whew. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter