Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Hey guys I have heard a lot of people with the camera issue and which I had as well when you try to load and it gets stuck on the loading gray screen or takes forever to load.

At first I went into location services and turned of Geo-tagging and it seemed to help, but than it started again.

Recently I went into location services and under the drop menu for locating service types, I selected both Google and GPS, and now my camera loads right away likes it's suppose too.

I hope this helps some of you with your issue.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    I have been having the camera load issue. always on the "gray screen of doom" thanks for posting this fix, but unfortunately it did not work for me on my palm pre.

Has anyone else had good luck with turning off the location services? I also read some people are able to make it work by pressing or squeezing the phone, this also did not fix my pre's camera.
    this did not work for me either. anybody got a solution?
    PreCentralers,

I returned my Palm Pre 2 months ago because the camera application was opening itself at very random times without any prompting. Most of the time, it would occur when I woke my phone up i.e. directly after I dragged the icon out of the semi-circle when it was sleeping.

Well, I have had my new Pre for 2 weeks, and the same thing is happening! The Sprint store claims they've never seen this problem. Based on its random reoccurrence, I am guessing this has something to do with some sort of combination of patches/apps/settings triggering the camera to load. Sometimes it loads when I place the phone on the touchstone...I have heard something about camera hardware melting into the phone's main board (forgive my lack of techincal savvy). Anyway, this issue is incredibly frustrating...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Charlie
    Quote Originally Posted by believeinpeter View Post
    I have been having the camera load issue. always on the "gray screen of doom" thanks for posting this fix, but unfortunately it did not work for me on my palm pre.

Has anyone else had good luck with turning off the location services? I also read some people are able to make it work by pressing or squeezing the phone, this also did not fix my pre's camera.
    So were you ever able to resolve your issue? I have experienced the same and my camera is still inoperable...
    when I click on camera it stays at the screen with the camera and never changes. I have tried web repair, but nothing fixed. does anyone know how to fix or replace my camera. and my video recorder says recording but hte screen stays wite. and when I try to see what it recorded it says eror opening files??
    I just started having this issue too. Was anyone able to get this fixed?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Yea, it had to be a loose connection, when i slammed the slider up/down multiple times the camera started up...i just got it replaced...
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor9248 View Post
    PreCentralers,

I returned my Palm Pre 2 months ago because the camera application was opening itself at very random times without any prompting. Most of the time, it would occur when I woke my phone up i.e. directly after I dragged the icon out of the semi-circle when it was sleeping.

Well, I have had my new Pre for 2 weeks, and the same thing is happening! The Sprint store claims they've never seen this problem. Based on its random reoccurrence, I am guessing this has something to do with some sort of combination of patches/apps/settings triggering the camera to load. Sometimes it loads when I place the phone on the touchstone...I have heard something about camera hardware melting into the phone's main board (forgive my lack of techincal savvy). Anyway, this issue is incredibly frustrating...anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Charlie
    you do know there is a patch that enables the camera app to start up when you unlock your phone in landscape mode...could this be the issue? Try running a ERP patch to make sure that gets wiped.
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigaS27 View Post
    Yea, it had to be a loose connection, when i slammed the slider up/down multiple times the camera started up...i just got it replaced...
    forgot to mention as well that squeezing the sides helped to as times
    Sprint Palm Pre-
    Having the same issue with grey screen. :-(
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I think it's a known bug if you are over clocking.
    my screen goes from gray to black and just stays there..i see nothing just black and the controls to switch from video to still shots..ive had this problem for a couple of months and haven't found any fixes.
    The camera on my Pre used to do that once in awhile, the only solution I found was to reboot.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    I've had this problem intermittently and have usually been able to just close the camera app and restart it without problem, maybe once did completely lock up my Sprint Pre.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I think it's a known bug if you are over clocking.
    I'd say no to that. I've had multiple Pres all with the same camera jitters running stock speed and overclocked. If anything overclocking would make the camera load faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    The camera on my Pre used to do that once in awhile, the only solution I found was to reboot.

Sent from my eVo
    Ditto - it only happens to me once in a very long while. Usually I think it's when I have opened a picture I just took to view it and then tried to go back to the camera too quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    my screen goes from gray to black and just stays there..i see nothing just black and the controls to switch from video to still shots..ive had this problem for a couple of months and haven't found any fixes.
    I just got my first replacement Pre+ and this is exactly what I'm going through
  19. gmk
    I just updated to 2.1 on my Verizon Pre Plus over the weekend and had this same issue. I found the issue to be the overclocking. The camera loads when I am at 500mhz even with geotag on but will not load when it is overclocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by gmk View Post
    I just updated to 2.1 on my Verizon Pre Plus over the weekend and had this same issue. I found the issue to be the overclocking. The camera loads when I am at 500mhz even with geotag on but will not load when it is overclocked.
    There was an uberkernel update last night that fixes this. Look for it in the kernel testing feeds.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast