Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    First off, I'm in awe of all the great work amassed here -- Kudos to you developers -- I'm so delighted with my PalmPre & all the sensational apps you've provided me to work with, play with, think with -- but I'm confused: you've created app's for several flavors of Christianity, you've dialed up the Qoran, even provided us with AA's bible -- so I'm waiting: What? Nothing in Hebrew? Makes me pine for my old Palm OS where I had a wonderfully reliable Hebrew keyboard. My Palm was packed with books of Talmud, a siddur, the Tanakh, luach, everything! I revisited JewishContent.org, source of my first downloads for my old Palm. I loaded up my Preware and waited for the promised connection. Instead I'm fed ragtime error msg's (error 4 or 22), so again: can it be that in all of development-land, NONE of you want to tackle the Hebrew side of the street?
    Glad to be back home in PalmLand, nevertheless --
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I am waiting too!
    i have hebrew on my pre
    let me know if u need help
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    I would love to have hebrew on the pre.
    Can you share?
  6.    #6  
    Please! Illuminate me! How do I get my Hebrew "stuff?"
  7.    #7  
    Nu?
    Quote Originally Posted by Idea.Diva View Post
    Nu?
    haha...savlanut!
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Did you check the App Catalog? Kosher2Go, Hebrew Calendar (trial), Shabbat Shalom... if anything I think Judaism is overrepresented relative to other religions at this early stage in the game, it just happens that the developers all went the official route rather than homebrew.
  10.    #10  
    Thank you JDale and yes I checked -- got the Kosher2Go (which is not Hebrew, BTW -- it simply locates nearby kosher food places); the Hebrew calendar is, as you rightly point out, a trial, tho iPhone & others have several non-trial, free luachs to choose from; Shabbat Shalom, again, is simply an English app for candlelighting times. What I am specifically looking for are the Hebrew capabilities formerly offered by the Palm OS (Hebrew reading and writing supports) -- and which are also, currently offered for free on iPhone. When I visit a Hebrew web site, or listen to Hebrew music, I'd like to see the actual text and not a bunch of boxes; when a friend sends me an email in Hebrew, again, I'd like to be able to read it and write a reply. The commercial selling apps you cite have nothing to do with what I'm looking for. And your comment about Judaism being overrepresented? Let's just let that one lie shall we? If you can direct me to the Hebrew Bible I'd be quite appreciative. As I mentioned in my initial post, I'm not begrudging anybody else's Bible being available. But if mine is not, then pray tell, how is my religion "overrepresented?"
  11.    #11  
    Ain li maspik sahvlanut ....!!! Aval -- ma l'asot? Kol hazman anachnu shomim "Sahvlanut," kayn? B'seder, achshav ani yoshevet v'choshevet, "Savlanut, savlanut ... ooli mahar ...."
    : >
    Todah, dswissmiss
  12.    #12  
    Yes, I need help getting Hebrew on my PalmPre and would be ever so grateful for any assistance!!! Todah!
    Remember, for now, Penticon's Hebrew Lite works (generally) under Classic, and with TealDoc can at least display the same Hebrew texts you had previously under PalmOS. As I understand it, the Pre does not at the moment have Hebrew language support, not surprising given that it's not being offered in the Israel market right now. I also hope for native Hebrew, or some way to "fake it," at least for the prayer books and other texts I currently have to use Classic to read. {Jonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    ...if anything I think Judaism is overrepresented relative to other religions at this early stage in the game...
    this made me LOL from some reason...
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by illskill View Post
    this made me LOL from some reason...
    Yah -- I mean how bizarre was that ....?!?!?
    To be able to read Hebrew, follow these instructions:
    http://forums.precentral.net/general...ing-fonts.html

To enable the content from JewishContent.org, follow these instructions:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...ddur-more.html
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    the pre first came out in the u.s.a......so the first thing on delvopers mind s is english.......but havent u guys seen some in like germen......that shows that other laguages r comming soon.........

NOT "HP webOS"!!!
    Rusty Brick let me know theyre releasing their Siddur app for webOS soon Siddur / Zmanim / Minyanim & Luach Calendar for iPhone / iPod Touch - Jewish Prayers & Services
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan I Ezor View Post
    Remember, for now, Penticon's Hebrew Lite works (generally) under Classic, and with TealDoc can at least display the same Hebrew texts you had previously under PalmOS. As I understand it, the Pre does not at the moment have Hebrew language support, not surprising given that it's not being offered in the Israel market right now. I also hope for native Hebrew, or some way to "fake it," at least for the prayer books and other texts I currently have to use Classic to read. {Jonathan}
    Thanks so much for that post. Without running Classic, I thought I'd said goodbye to Hebrew Lite forever.
    Rusty Brick let me know that they changed their minds & are NOT coming out with their Siddur app for the Pre. They claim that Palm will NOT support Hebrew, & until they do, no Siddur!
    My question is: how does Jewish Content do their Siddur if there's no Hebrew support? Also, did anyone else notice that the Jewish Content Siddur is not easy to navigate through? I.e. you can't get from Amidah to next prayer like Tachanun!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast