Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I tried to follow directions for installing Hebrew font. I downloaded the indicated zipped font file but when I try to open it with Winzip it says Windows blocked the extraction. Whats that about and how do I fix that problem?

Also do I have to root the pre to do this? I have Terminal on my Pre - is that sufficicent?

If I must root it how do I do that?

Thanks!!
    I got the pre and I really have no idea how to get Hebrew on it. I know so little about all of this tech stuff that I dont even understand half this conversation. What is "rooting" the pre and how does one do that?
    Thanks,
    David
    Well, There is still virtually no Jewish content for the Pre. I am not as concerned with Hebrew fonts, although I seem to see something now for that. But the Jewishcontent.org feed still doesn't work. There isn't even an old JPS Tanach in English anywhere.

As they say in the ArtScroll Talmud -?-
    In a previous post I said, "As they say in the Artscroll Talmud, -?-.

Many discussions in the Talmud come to abrupt stopping points, often contradictory in nature. They end with the following punctuation: "-?-" or "dash, question mark, dash" To me they look like a man shrugging his shoulders and saying "Nu?" or "Huh? What gives?"

The Artscroll Talmud also uses a form of "scrollbars." The same page of Hebrew and Aramaic text is repeated over and over on one side, while the opposite side has the English translation and notes. It takes a lot more space for the English. Obviously each English page contains only a small portion of the Hebrew. I had been studying for months before I realized that there is a gray bar along side the Hebrew indicating which lines are translated on the opposite page. That bar moves down the page as we move forward.

And that was more than anyone wanted to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by modemjunkie View Post
    In a previous post I said, "As they say in the Artscroll Talmud, -?-.

Many discussions in the Talmud come to abrupt stopping points, often contradictory in nature. They end with the following punctuation: "-?-" or "dash, question mark, dash" To me they look like a man shrugging his shoulders and saying "Nu?" or "Huh? What gives?"

The Artscroll Talmud also uses a form of "scrollbars." The same page of Hebrew and Aramaic text is repeated over and over on one side, while the opposite side has the English translation and notes. It takes a lot more space for the English. Obviously each English page contains only a small portion of the Hebrew. I had been studying for months before I realized that there is a gray bar along side the Hebrew indicating which lines are translated on the opposite page. That bar moves down the page as we move forward.

And that was more than anyone wanted to know.
    I see, Modemjunkie, that you're not just into modems, but you also "Shteig in Lernen!" Good for you! Again, the Siddur from JewishContent.org does not work with WebOS1.4.1! They're working on an upgrade!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12