Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I finally got exchange to work on my pre, but now that i have composed an email on the pre and then looked at on my comp. screen, its rather large.

- is there anyway to change font size when composing an email message?
  2. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofpre View Post
    I finally got exchange to work on my pre, but now that i have composed an email on the pre and then looked at on my comp. screen, its rather large.

- is there anyway to change font size when composing an email message?
    I am getting this as well, along with a couple users so far...Seems to have changed after the 1.2 update, was not like that before. Changed from Times New Roman 12 pt to Verdana 12 pt. Looks huge. Have not heard of a work around or fix yet. bummer.
  3.    #3  
    def is, its quite large, a bit to big, hopefully we can have a work around soon
  4. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Looks like the font changed across the board after 1.2 update. Tested with Gmail, Yahoo, and Exchange. Sending from Pre, font text is now Verdana 12 pt for exchange, 8pt for Gmail and Yahoo.... Bug Or Intentional?

I don't mind it for Yahoo or Gmail, but it looks unprofessional on Outlook Desktop Client. Hopefully we can get an answer soon. Anyone?
  5.    #5  
    true, as Exchange is my corporate account, I would like it to be much more professional....
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    happening with mine, too. subscribing for a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by rkjunior View Post
    subscribing for a fix.
    Also very interested in a fix for this. How do yo subscribe? Not seeing a link for that.
    Thx
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    Above the subject of this thread are some menus.

9.    #9  
    subscribed....lets get a fix!
  10.    #10  
    bump
    I'm sure it's probably a really easy patch. Probably just have to find the proper style sheet for the email app and change it.
  12. awb
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I am trying to keep my Pre as clean as possible, as in not installing WebOS quick install and Preware...But at this pace i may be heading down that road sooner than expected.
    This is extremely frustrating. Why is so damn hard to just let pick the font/size?

Has anyone reported this on the palm forums?
    This fix works in 1.2.1. Maybe there's something better out there by changing the stylesheet, but as far as I can tell, in 1.2.1 (I guess to address complaints about Times New Roman), WebOS just uses the same stylesheet that's used to display the email on the Pre.

So:

Using WebOSQuickInstall (or rooting into the phone and using vi), edit the file

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/compose-assistant.jsjsjs

as follows:

After the lines

// Copy the html from the richtext editor to the textarea
    var theMessageBody = this.controller.get('msg_rte').innerHTML;
    Add the line

theMessageBody = theMessageBody.replace(/Prelude, Verdana, san-serif;/, "Prelude, Verdana, san-serif; font-size: 12px");
    Change the font size above to whatever you want. This should only change font sizes for text written on the Pre, since other stuff shouldn't use Prelude as the leading font. If you have modified your email display stylesheet to use other fonts, you'll probably need to adapt the "replace" command above appropriately.

You can also use the above to change the font or other style characteristics, of course.
    That is great, I'll give it a shot shortly.

To your knowledge, is there a way to use Arial for the email program? That is, can I just add that line and use "Arial" rather than Verdana without having to do anything else?

Thanks again!
    Last edited by awesomepatrol; 10/09/2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: Addition
    Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    That is great, I'll give it a shot shortly.

To your knowledge, is there a way to use Arial for the email program? That is, can I just add that line and use "Arial" rather than Verdana without having to do anything else?

Thanks again!
    Yes, whatever font priority sequence you want. Note that this only changes it for the sent email, not for display on the Pre. For that you have to change the stylesheet .../stylesheets/email.css.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmb99 View Post
    Yes, whatever font priority sequence you want. Note that this only changes it for the sent email, not for display on the Pre. For that you have to change the stylesheet .../stylesheets/email.css.
    Just so I'm clear, should I change both references to "Verdana" in the line you mentioned above to "Arial" or just the second?
    Just so I'm clear, should I change both references to "Verdana" in the line you mentioned above to "Arial" or just the second?
    Just the second.
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmb99 View Post
    Just the second.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me. When I go to compose a message, all I see is a blank screen. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Thanks again for all of your help with this -- this is my single largest issue with the Pre and it would be great to get it resolved.
    Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to work for me. When I go to compose a message, all I see is a blank screen. Any thoughts on what might be going on? Thanks again for all of your help with this -- this is my single largest issue with the Pre and it would be great to get it resolved.
    Either you typo'd or I typo'd. I believe what I posted above is correct. The reason for the blank screen is that there's an error in the javascript. If you post your code I'll look at it. Post the line you added as well as the lines before and after.
Page 1 of 12 12345611 ... LastLast