Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 226
  1. #161  
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    bpdamas: Just tried this because I'm looking to be able to send at least all new emails in black font rather than navy. For me at least, after installing this patch, and using Exchange 2003, the new message I tried sending just sat in the outbox as it did with the smartreply patch.
    Edit: The message eventually was sent after sitting in the Outbox for roughly 15 minutes. Strange.
    Yeah, mine seemed to take longer than expected as well. It wasn't 15 minutes but maybe a minute more than I thought it would be.
  2. #162  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I also have tested both and can confirm the one with smart reply just keeps the email in the outbox and never sends. The multi mod works as expected. Great work!

    Also, I don't know if you want to make 2 versions but I prefer my replies and forwards to be in black font. I have edited your original patch and made the font black instead of navy. If anyone would like to use this version, be my guest and I have attached it. All it does is make the font black instead of navy. Everything else is the same.
    Thanks for posting this. And thanks to you and smartphoney for testing the latest patches. Sorry SmartReply doesn't work in Exchange 2003, 'cause it's awesome.

    Oh well, at least we now have fixes that work for everyone.

    BTW, both versions of this patch should be on Preware shortly. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jonolee; 01/25/2010 at 05:51 PM.
  3. #163  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I also have tested both and can confirm the one with smart reply just keeps the email in the outbox and never sends. The multi mod works as expected. Great work!

    Also, I don't know if you want to make 2 versions but I prefer my replies and forwards to be in black font. I have edited your original patch and made the font black instead of navy. If anyone would like to use this version, be my guest and I have attached it. All it does is make the font black instead of navy. Everything else is the same.
    This patch is working pretty well for me, I currently have the Verizon Pre Plus and am running Exchange 2003. For some reason, the formatting is more consistent than the other patches. And with this patch I'm not getting the Outbox sync delay (which was a problem for me with the other patches).

    Question - is it possible to change the font from 11.5 pt Calibri to black 10 pt Arial (which is the default in Outlook 2003)? That would be just about perfect.

    I'm really glad Palm seems to have taken notice of this issue. It's been bugging me for a long time. I just hope any official fix is compatible with Exchange 2003. In the mean time, thanks to everyone here for the valuable info and resources.
  4. #164  
    I am using Exchange 2007 and a completed unmodded Sprint Pre. My biggest dissappointment with the Pre is that composing or replying to emails results in an enlarged Verdana font when seen by the receiver. On the Pre when typing, the font looks fine, its only nnoticable when the email is received (say by clients, customers) and looks awful and unprofessional.

    Which of these patch versions should I use? It looked at if the updates are being made to address ES 2003 issues and not necessarily ES2007, so I couldn't tell if I should load one of the patches from a prior thread.

    And by the way, does anybody know if Palm is doing anything to address this grave failing of webOS? I am amazed on something as fundamental as email that Pre users have had to resort to patches to get it right. Its pretty solid evidence of Palm's inability to complete a basic product... its selling sizzle but forgot the steak.

    Thanks to all and I feel your pain! Sorry to you new Verizon Pre users... this has been going on since at least October 2009. Be forwarned!
  5. #165  
    General patch works great for me. Installed last night and all is well. The only discrepancy is the outlook-style message header in a reply(to, from, etc) is in times new roman, while the rest of the message is calibri.

    Other than that, works great. Many thanks for the patch.

    Quote Originally Posted by widmark View Post
    And by the way, does anybody know if Palm is doing anything to address this grave failing of webOS? I am amazed on something as fundamental as email that Pre users have had to resort to patches to get it right. Its pretty solid evidence of Palm's inability to complete a basic product... its selling sizzle but forgot the steak.

    I wouldn't refer to it as a grave failing of the OS. The OS rocks, and has tremendous power for the users to adapt and work with it. While I wasn't trilled with the email formatting initially, I was very pleased to find an online forum with so many members working toward a solution.
    Easy on the drama.
  6. #166  
    For out of the box users it's reality not drama. It's great that Palm can be modded to taste... But it's not in Palms interest or Pre owners to rely on the modders to fix basic functionality. Most people won't patch their Pre. They'll switch quietly to Droid, RIMM or iPhone. I want Palm to get it right too so this webOS prospers. Easy on the hyper defensiveness.
  7. #167  
    Quote Originally Posted by moapl View Post
    This patch is working pretty well for me, I currently have the Verizon Pre Plus and am running Exchange 2003. For some reason, the formatting is more consistent than the other patches. And with this patch I'm not getting the Outbox sync delay (which was a problem for me with the other patches).

    Question - is it possible to change the font from 11.5 pt Calibri to black 10 pt Arial (which is the default in Outlook 2003)? That would be just about perfect.

    I'm really glad Palm seems to have taken notice of this issue. It's been bugging me for a long time. I just hope any official fix is compatible with Exchange 2003. In the mean time, thanks to everyone here for the valuable info and resources.
    Should be possible to change that. Check this patch out and let me know if it works for you. It should change it to black 10 pt font like you were asking.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  8. #168  
    Also, Jonolee, would you like me to submit the two variations of your patch to Preware? Both the Calibri black font and the arial 10 black font patch. I've completely gave the credit to you guys since all I am doing is slightly modifying it. I just didn't know if you wanted them in Preware as well. Let me know. Thanks.
  9. #169  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    Also, Jonolee, would you like me to submit the two variations of your patch to Preware? Both the Calibri black font and the arial 10 black font patch. I've completely gave the credit to you guys since all I am doing is slightly modifying it. I just didn't know if you wanted them in Preware as well. Let me know. Thanks.
    Of course, feel free to. The "Mimic Outlook Formatting" (SmartReply enabled) version has been submitted to and approved by Preware, but it never hurts to give folks different options. And don't worry about giving me credit -- it's been a group effort. Just glad we're finding options that work for everyone.

    Thanks.
  10. #170  
    Quote Originally Posted by widmark View Post
    I am using Exchange 2007 and a completed unmodded Sprint Pre. .... Which of these patch versions should I use?
    I recommend the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" version if you're using Exchange 2007. That's what I use, and it looks nearly identical to the formatting used in Outlook 2007. However, if you start getting sync issues (emails won't send), then you should try the "Email Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod". This version isn't quite as nice (it still reformats the original text to Times New Roman, 12 pt. black), but it's close.
  11. #171  
    Quote Originally Posted by nb Rob View Post
    General patch works great for me. Installed last night and all is well. The only discrepancy is the outlook-style message header in a reply(to, from, etc) is in times new roman, while the rest of the message is calibri.
    Unfortunately, the only way that I have found to fix that is by enabling SmartReply, which only works with Exchange 2007. So, if you're using Exchange '07, try the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" patch -- this should correct this issue for you.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    Unfortunately, the only way that I have found to fix that is by enabling SmartReply, which only works with Exchange 2007. So, if you're using Exchange '07, try the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" patch -- this should correct this issue for you.
    Many thanks!! Worked like a charm.
    I appreciate the help.

    regards,

    -Rob
  13. #173  
    I have a problem with the Mimic Outlook patch. When I click on the reply button in the email app, I see the complete thread/reply history. After sending the message, I only see the reply and the header of the previous message. I do not see the entire thread/reply history. It's just gone. This is true for the message in the Sent folder as well.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to have the Replies Forwards Multi Mod installed as well for this to work properly?
  14. #174  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    I have a problem with the Mimic Outlook patch. When I click on the reply button in the email app, I see the complete thread/reply history. After sending the message, I only see the reply and the header of the previous message. I do not see the entire thread/reply history. It's just gone. This is true for the message in the Sent folder as well.

    Has anyone else experienced this? Do I need to have the Replies Forwards Multi Mod installed as well for this to work properly?
    I would remove the Mimic Outlook patch and try the Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod patch. You should not install both at the same time -- just one or the other.
  15. #175  
    On the other hand, the Replies Forwards Multi Mod does show the complete thread/reply history. However, besides the known Times New Roman font change issue, this patch also adds a full blank line between each line in the thread reply messages. Can this be easily changed?
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93 View Post
    On the other hand, the Replies Forwards Multi Mod does show the complete thread/reply history. However, besides the known Times New Roman font change issue, this patch also adds a full blank line between each line in the thread reply messages. Can this be easily changed?
    Nope, unfortunately the only way to fix that (that I know of) is by enabling SmartReply, which is what the Mimic Outlook patch does.

    Are you using Exchange '07? If so, I'm surprised the Mimic Outlook patch isn't working for you. Might want to try a full reset (not just the forced Luna restart applied by the patch) after you install the patch.
  17. #177  
    To confirm, none of these patches will change it to something that isn't Calibri, such as Times New Roman or Arial? That's really the major thing to me, Calibri is very unprofessional looking.
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan8989 View Post
    To confirm, none of these patches will change it to something that isn't Calibri, such as Times New Roman or Arial? That's really the major thing to me, Calibri is very unprofessional looking.
    The patch in the following link should change it to 10 pt Arial.

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2190051
  19. #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    Of course, feel free to. The "Mimic Outlook Formatting" (SmartReply enabled) version has been submitted to and approved by Preware, but it never hurts to give folks different options. And don't worry about giving me credit -- it's been a group effort. Just glad we're finding options that work for everyone.

    Thanks.
    I agree. Options are always the best. I have sent out the two that I edited for approval into Preware. Also, I think your description of the Reply Forward Multi Mod patch should be updated since it leaves the font as navy. If I can somehow update it, let me know and I will gladly do so.
  20. #180  
    [QUOTE=bpdamas;2195132]The patch in the following link should change it to 10 pt Arial.



    I tried this and it didn't work. Do I just straight do install this .patch file through WOSQI? Or is there more to it?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions