Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Darn it! I realized after I got up to go outside for a smoke I forgot the .orig

Sorry!!

Code:
    --- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Email.jsjsjs
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    Darn it! I realized after I got up to go outside for a smoke I forgot the .orig

Sorry!!

Code:
    --- .orig/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Email.jsjsjs
    No prob. It's in the updated patch above.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phrenom View Post
    Any chance we can get a patch that will change the font size in an email created new from the pre? Each time I send a new email from the Pre, the body of the email comes through as Veranda 12 & the signature is Ariel 7.
    This patch fixes the font size in all emails, new, replies and forwards. Are you still having the issue after you've installed the patch?
    Using gmail to Outlook:

1. new email text is 11pt blue Calibri (I was hoping for black.)
    2. forwarded message body still can not be edit (would be nice)

Anyhow, the all emails are sending fine for me and both the replied & forwarded message body is now showing up when rec'd with everything formatted correctly.

Since this is geared towards ppl using Exchange, what's sort of unexpected results might I see with Smart Reply enabled?

Thanks again!!!
    Just wanted to update... It seems a second restart solved the problem of messages sitting in the outbox for me. I haven't changed anything else and it seems to be working normally now.

Would have replied sooner but I've been too busy playing some of the new games released today.

Thanks again, Jonolee and everyone else who has contributed to this effort!
    Many thanks to Jonolee and Mike_pre and everyone who continue to work hard on this patch. The version I see on Preware as I type this is listed as 1.3.5-10 with a last updated date of 1/7/10 at 1:59 a.m.. (By the way, you guys really should try to get more sleep.) Am I correct that based on that last update time this is not yet the most current patch? The version number looks right but the update time seems to be before Jonolee's most recent update posted in this thread.
    What are the steps to installing the .patch file?
    Quote Originally Posted by smartphoney View Post
    Many thanks to Jonolee and Mike_pre and everyone who continue to work hard on this patch. The version I see on Preware as I type this is listed as 1.3.5-10 with a last updated date of 1/7/10 at 1:59 a.m.. (By the way, you guys really should try to get more sleep.) Am I correct that based on that last update time this is not yet the most current patch? The version number looks right but the update time seems to be before Jonolee's most recent update posted in this thread.
    I have not submitted the latest patch to WebOS yet. You should see an update later in the day, depending on how long it takes for dbsooner to update it.

Mike
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    As before, thanks so much Jonolee and mike_pre for all of the work you've put into these patches. I finally got around to updating them post-1.3.5.1 and found that I am having the same stuck in outbox issues as a few other people have noticed. I tried multiple luna restarts and full restarts but I'm still not able to get replies to send from the phone. New emails are sending no problem, it's just replies. Now that I think of it I didn't try forwards before i reverted back to the original 1.3.5.1 files.

I used the .patch file in post #132 and the individual files in post #130 and both had the same result.

Could this have something to do with the attemps to mimick Outlook 2007?

Quote Originally Posted by DaJo View Post
    What are the steps to installing the .patch file?
    Dajo - make sure you have the most recent WebOS Quick Install version. Once you have your phone ready by entering into developer mode and connected in Just Charge mode, go to File, Add File and select the .patch file you want to install. Press Install from the main screen and it should go right in and do an auto luna restart. WOSQI might prompt you to install 2 patches first but it will do that for you automatically.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    As before, thanks so much Jonolee and mike_pre for all of the work you've put into these patches. I finally got around to updating them post-1.3.5.1 and found that I am having the same stuck in outbox issues as a few other people have noticed. I tried multiple luna restarts and full restarts but I'm still not able to get replies to send from the phone. New emails are sending no problem, it's just replies. Now that I think of it I didn't try forwards before i reverted back to the original 1.3.5.1 files.

I used the .patch file in post #132 and the individual files in post #130 and both had the same result.

Could this have something to do with the attemps to mimick Outlook 2007?
    Thanks for the feedback. I'm stumped as to what might be causing this. I've been using this patch for four days now without issue -- new messages, replies, and forwards all seem to work well for me. I'll have to take a look at the files to see what might be causing this issue.

Sorry this isn't working for everyone. If anyone has any suggestions as to what's causing this error, I'm all ears.
    I also had to pull it off from my phone this weekend as messages were stuck in Outbox as well. I am going to compare the latest patch I submitted to WebOS and this new one to try and determine what changes there may be. It seems that its only an Exchange issue as my messages on Gmail are sending instantly. I will post anything that I find out.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Yes - gmail messages were sending fine for me too. Seems to be Exchange-related.
    I'm a novice with installation. Can you help? I called Sprint and they said they couldn't help me. How do I install this patch? I saved the patch on to my computer; hooked up by Pre by the USB Port; copied the patch to the Pre; and restarted my Pre. It doesn't seem like the patch installed - what do I need to do?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    The easiest method I find to install patches (if you intend to use more than just this email patch) is to install WebOS Quick Install. The thread is here:

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...l-v2-96-a.html

In brief, you would:
    1. Set your Pre to Dev mode.
    2. Connect your Palm to your PC.
    3. Run WebOS Quickinstall.
    4. Select Preware & Package Manager Service from the list, and install them.

Once Preware and the Pkg Mgr are installed, you really don't have to go through steps 1-4 again. To install patches, you would select Preware on your Pre, and select whichever patch(es) you want from a list.

What's also nice is you can install patches via Wifi or Data connection - no need to connect to a PC again.

Re this specific email patch, you may have noticed a mail delivery delay/hang in the latest version which they are investigating. For that reason I would hold off on the latest version for now.

However, there is a slightly older version available from Preware which seems to work fine. To find it:
    1. Start Preware.
    2. Select "Available Packages"
    3. Select "Patch", then "Email".
    4. Select "Replies Forwards Multi Mod" and install it.

Hope this doesn't sound too complicated, but once you have Preware installed, getting patches on is pretty easy.

Cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    I also had to pull it off from my phone this weekend as messages were stuck in Outbox as well. I am going to compare the latest patch I submitted to WebOS and this new one to try and determine what changes there may be. It seems that its only an Exchange issue as my messages on Gmail are sending instantly. I will post anything that I find out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frrrrunkis View Post
    Yes - gmail messages were sending fine for me too. Seems to be Exchange-related.
    I too can confirm the same thing. Exchange gets stuck in the outbox but gmail seems to work fine.
    Sorry for the delay in posting a fix for the sync issues some have experienced -- been a busy couple of weeks.

After doing some research, it seems that our newest patch only works with Exchange 2007. Unfortunately, enabling Palm's version of SmartReply appears to cause syncing issues in the 2003 (and earlier) versions of Exchange.

Because I use Exchange 2007, I'm wondering if I can get some help testing a couple versions of this patch (both are attached), as follows:

1. The first version, named "Mimic Outlook 2007 Formatting on Email Replies/Forwards," modifies email replies and forwards sent from your Pre to mimic the formatting used in Outlook 2007. Unfortunately, in order to accomplish this, this patch enables SmartReply, which appears to only work with Exchange 2007.

2. The second version, named "Email Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod," is very similar to the first patch, but does not enable SmartReply. This means that the original text in email replies and forwards is reformatted to Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced. However, because SmartReply is disabled, I think this version should work with all versions of Exchange.

Anyone care to test the attached patches to let me know if my assumptions are correct?

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jonolee; 01/19/2010 at 02:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    Sorry for the delay in posting a fix for the sync issues some have experienced -- been a busy couple of weeks.

After doing some research, it seems that our newest patch only works with Exchange 2007. Unfortunately, enabling Palm's version of SmartReply appears to cause syncing issues in the 2003 (and earlier) versions of Exchange.

Because I use Exchange 2007, I'm wondering if I can get some help testing a couple versions of this patch (both are attached), as follows:

1. The first version, named "Mimic Outlook 2007 Formatting on Email Replies/Forwards," modifies email replies and forwards sent from your Pre to mimic the formatting used in Outlook 2007. Unfortunately, in order to accomplish this, this patch enables SmartReply, which appears to only work with Exchange 2007.

2. The second version, named "Email Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod," is very similar to the first patch, but does not enable SmartReply. This means that the original text in email replies and forwards is reformatted to Times New Roman, 12pt, double spaced. However, because SmartReply is disabled, I think this version should work with all versions of Exchange.

Anyone care to test the attached patches to let me know if my assumptions are correct?

Thanks in advance.
    Jonolee: I've tested both of these patches with Exchange 2003 and they work as you anticipated, i.e. the patch with SmartReply causes replies to just sit in the outbox but the other seems to work well. Thanks. One question though: am I supposed to install a separate patch so that new outgoing emails (as opposed to replies or forwards) are in the normal black font color instead of the blue normally reserved for replies and forwards (as mentioned earlier in this thread by xanthinealkaloid in message #144)? With just this one patch installed new messages appear in blue.
    I think I was able to change the font to black. Let me know if it worked.

**UPDATE: It didn't work for me... =(**

***UPDATE 2: I took the original file from my phone (/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Email.jsjsjs) $and$ $I$ $changed$ $the$ $color$ &$amp$; $font$ &$amp$; $then$ $I$ $deleted$ $the$ $original$ $one$ $AFTER$ $BACKING$ $IT$ $UP$!! $It$ $looks$ $like$ $it$ $worked$. $I$ $tried$ $also$ $making$ $it$ $small$ $and$ $what$ $not$, $i$ $think$ $it$ $only$ $worked$ $with$ $making$ $a$ $new$ $email$, $but$ $regardless$, $its$ $a$ $somewhat$ $change$. $So$ $I$ $will$ $attach$ $the$ $file$. $Here$ $are$ $the$ $steps$:
    1. Open WOSQI
    2. Tools > Recieve File
    3. File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Email.jsjsjs $Destination$: $Anywhere$ $you$ $want$.
    4. Tools > Delete
    5. File: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/Email.jsjsjs
    6. Download Email File.zip
    7. Extract the file.
    8. Go to WOSQI and go to Tools > Send File.
    9. File: Select the file inside of the extracted zip folder. Directory: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models/
    10. Send it & then restart Luna.
    11. Try writing an email & see if it worked?

To Remove and put back the original, make sure you follow the steps but instead of sending the file I provided, send the original which you should have saved if you followed the instructions correctly. I hope that helps.
    Last edited by Prince_Basil; 01/22/2010 at 03:50 PM.
    -- Alexis Segura

**Check out my theme Suave on Prethemer.com**
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post

Thanks in advance.
    I also have tested both and can confirm the one with smart reply just keeps the email in the outbox and never sends. The multi mod works as expected. Great work!

Also, I don't know if you want to make 2 versions but I prefer my replies and forwards to be in black font. I have edited your original patch and made the font black instead of navy. If anyone would like to use this version, be my guest and I have attached it. All it does is make the font black instead of navy. Everything else is the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    I also have tested both and can confirm the one with smart reply just keeps the email in the outbox and never sends. The multi mod works as expected. Great work!

Also, I don't know if you want to make 2 versions but I prefer my replies and forwards to be in black font. I have edited your original patch and made the font black instead of navy. If anyone would like to use this version, be my guest and I have attached it. All it does is make the font black instead of navy. Everything else is the same.
    bpdamas: Just tried this because I'm looking to be able to send at least all new emails in black font rather than navy. For me at least, after installing this patch, and using Exchange 2003, the new message I tried sending just sat in the outbox as it did with the smartreply patch.
    Edit: The message eventually was sent after sitting in the Outbox for roughly 15 minutes. Strange.
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast