Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmb99 View Post
    Either you typo'd or I typo'd. I believe what I posted above is correct. The reason for the blank screen is that there's an error in the javascript. If you post your code I'll look at it. Post the line you added as well as the lines before and after.
    I think you're right, I must have had a typo. It's working now, which is great.

There is still one issue, I guess. When you reply to a message, the Pre seems to reformat the original message into the default -- Veranda, very large. So even though I can change my reply text to the proper font, the original message is still switched by the Pre. Does that make sense? I guess the temporary solution is to just delete that prior text, which is kind of annoying, but whatever.

Still, it's a little bit surprising how Palm blew this implementation so badly.

Thanks very much for the help!
    Great, I'm glad you got it working, awesomepatrol.

Quote Originally Posted by awesomepatrol View Post
    I think you're right, I must have had a typo. When you reply to a message, the Pre seems to reformat the original message into the default -- Veranda, very large. So even though I can change my reply text to the proper font, the original message is still switched by the Pre. Does that make sense?
    Yes, that totally makes sense. It might take a bit more of an interesting hack to fix that. The thing is that right now Pre takes the screen format and sends the forward/reply email in that same format, so the original formatting is lost. I guess if someone wanted to fix this you'd want to target the script that does the email display.
    This sucks... I thought this stuff was fixed (I'm on 1.2.1 now). I went to reply to an email (exchange) and noticed when I received the cc that it was all garbled up. Darn thing lost formatting again... and to add to it the darn font is all huge (size 13 or something). Any fix for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmb99 View Post
    There is still one issue, I guess. When you reply to a message, the Pre seems to reformat the original message into the default -- Veranda, very large. So even though I can change my reply text to the proper font, the original message is still switched by the Pre. Does that make sense? I guess the temporary solution is to just delete that prior text, which is kind of annoying, but whatever.
    menomonee posted a fix for this that works perfectly. Here's a link to his post (just be sure to add "http:" prior to link):

forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/207150-custom-fonts-any-part-pre.html#post1952976

Worked for me. Hope it helps you as well.
    Last edited by Jonolee; 10/15/2009 at 11:52 AM.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Can anyone confirm this has worked for them? awesomepatrol didn't confirm either way after his last post.

I'm also curious as to the font itself. Is there a list of support fonts, i.e. "Calibri", or would the receiving client email, i.e. desktop Outlook have to support the font upon receipt?
    I am using a combination of menomenee's and brianmb99's fixes, and I think it's working. Note that you have to reboot your Pre after you make changes in order to see whether they're working or not. I'm not sure I've got it totally fixed, but I think I'm close. I'll post again when I think it's right.

On sent mail, the font has to be supported by the receiving client, hence the prioritized list of fonts.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I am using a combination of menomenee's and brianmb99's fixes, and I think it's working. Note that you have to reboot your Pre after you make changes in order to see whether they're working or not. I'm not sure I've got it totally fixed, but I think I'm close. I'll post again when I think it's right.

On sent mail, the font has to be supported by the receiving client, hence the prioritized list of fonts.
    I would love to see a write up as soon as you figure it out. Heck, maybe even someone could create it into a patch.
    ****This fix is for 1.21. For an updated patch that works with 1.3.5.1, go here.***

I'm also using a combination of the two fixes. Appears to properly format my replies without negatively impacting other emails in a thread.

I've attached two different versions of the fix that I use: one for Calibri (size 15px) and one for Arial (size 13px). I prefer the look of the Calibri fix in Outlook, but I know others prefer Arial so I've provided both.

To install this patch, place your Pre in developer mode, unzip the version of your choice, and then use WebOSQuickInstall to send (by selecting "Tools" then "Send file" in WOSQI) the unzipped files to the following locations on your Pre:

1. for email.jsjsjs -- send file to: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/models
    2. for compose-assistant.jsjsjs -- send file to: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers

Once you've sent these files to your Pre, restart Luna (using the "Restart Luna" button on the "Tweaks" page of WOSQI), and you should be good to go.

Thanks again to menomenee and brianmb99 for their proposed fixes (which I cannibalized to make this patch).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jonolee; 01/07/2010 at 04:10 PM.
    I have the same issue. Text way too large when sending an e-mail through exchange. I also seem to have this issue from the yahoo account that I have.

I'll try this fix tonight when I get home.
    Do I send the zipped files or unzip each first?
    Thanks for your help...
    I just did it with the unzipped files ! Thanks so much the Calibri is very nice !

Works great..I can use my email again without shame !
    I did the Arial patch, things look good now. Thanks.

I unzipped the files on my computer and then sent them to the device just like Jonolee described below using WebOSQuickInstall.

At first I forgot to switch the device over to developer mode, which kept he device from being detected by WebOSQuickInstall. Once I switched it into the right mode, things went smoothly.
    Last edited by likearock4x4; 10/21/2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Added comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by likearock4x4 View Post
    I unzipped the files on my computer and then sent them to the device just like Jonolee described below using WebOSQuickInstall.

At first I forgot to switch the device over to developer mode, which kept he device from being detected by WebOSQuickInstall. Once I switched it into the right mode, things went smoothly.
    Actually I had the same issue (forgot to switch to developer mode the first five times I tried this). Once I remembered to do that this tweak was a piece of cake, resulting in an excellent workaround for the email font problem. Thanks again Jonolee (and you may want to update your post to remind people that they first need to enable developer mode).
    Good point. I've updated my explanation to mention this. Thanks.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks again Jonolee. This works for me and the Calibri matches Outlook 2007's default font nicely.

As indicated in another post, the 15px size equates to an 11.5 point font. I tested a 14px size, and that equates to a 10.5 point font, so either one should look close enough to the default 11pt. (Anyone know if you can apply a 14.5px in the code?)

On a related note, I found the Luna restart (via Tweaks of WOSQI) gave me some funky results. Both times I used it (once for 15px, next for 14px), the restart left me with a "phone offline" in the Top Bar, no background image, and wifi & bluetooth toggled off.

A full restart (via power button) restored everything though. YMMV.
    Awesome! Thanks for the great patch - it worked perfectly (using Calibri) and I can stop feeling embarrassed to send business email! YAYYY. I sure hope Palm takes note!
    Thanks Jonolee! This worked for me. I'm using the Calibri patch. I must have been doing something wrong when I had tried editing the files myself. What text editor are people using?

Not as important but would be nice to have a fix to make the appended text from the original message in a reply look the same as it would if Outlook is used. Right now the Pre is reformatting the original text on replies.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    So much better than that clumsy, big font.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beavis10 View Post
    Not as important but would be nice to have a fix to make the appended text from the original message in a reply look the same as it would if Outlook is used. Right now the Pre is reformatting the original text on replies.
    I noticed that as well. On a reply, the original mail is passed along as Times New Roman I think.

Also, Pre replies add the text "John Smith wrote:" in front of the original text. This differs from say, a reply from Outlook, where the original text is unmodified, and only the To/From/Date/Subject is listed. (A response on the Pre does not include those fields.)

I suppose if the goal is to have your Pre responses match your desktop email client exactly, there would be more tweaks necessary.

However, I'm just happy to get a decent-sized Calibri reply font.
    Jonolee, you're the master. I was not able to get the replace part right, but it turns out I was doing it in the save draft function rather than the send function, which is why it wasn't working. There is a similar line in the save draft function, which is what threw me off.

Now I've got it. By the way, I added Arial to my list of fonts, after Calibri. So anyone who doesn't have Calibri should get Arial. Arial font size will probably be a little on the big side, but that's okay.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast