Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravesfan8989 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    The patch in the following link should change it to 10 pt Arial.

I tried this and it didn't work. Do I just straight do install this .patch file through WOSQI? Or is there more to it?
    What doesn't work about it? Did it install correctly or did you get an error when installing it. All you need to do is just straight install it through WebOSQuickInstall. Do you have any of the other patches installed listed under the email category?
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for working on this Jonolee & everyone else. I'm using the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" patch (for Exchange 2007) and it's nearly perfect.

The one, minor thing I notice is that an extra blank line is added at the end of each email I send. Otherwise there is no way to tell the mail is sent from my Pre.

Have you been able to identify the cause of the extra "carriage return", or maybe you haven't seen it yourself?
    I've updated the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" patch so that it's compatible with WebOS 1.4. Since this thread is getting long, I thought I would post it in a new thread in the patches forum here.
    Hey Jonolee, since my company is still running on its archaic 2003 Exchange server, I am going to have to update the Replies/Forward Mulit-Mod to be compatible with 1.4. Did you just test it out on your Pre before you released it, since I see that the PDK has not been updated for 1.4 yet...? Or I was thinking I could grab the Mimic Outlook Formatting one fore 1.4, and just disable smart reply, as I recall that was what was cauing the issues with Exchange 2003.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_pre View Post
    Hey Jonolee, since my company is still running on its archaic 2003 Exchange server, I am going to have to update the Replies/Forward Mulit-Mod to be compatible with 1.4. Did you just test it out on your Pre before you released it, since I see that the PDK has not been updated for 1.4 yet...? Or I was thinking I could grab the Mimic Outlook Formatting one fore 1.4, and just disable smart reply, as I recall that was what was cauing the issues with Exchange 2003.
    Hi Mike,

Yeah, I just tested it on my Pre since I didn't feel like waiting for the PDK. Feel free to grab and modify the Mimic Outlook patch if you'd like. I think disabling SmartReply should be enough to make it work with earlier versions of Exchange.
    Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
    Thanks for working on this Jonolee & everyone else. I'm using the "Mimic Outlook Formatting" patch (for Exchange 2007) and it's nearly perfect.

The one, minor thing I notice is that an extra blank line is added at the end of each email I send. Otherwise there is no way to tell the mail is sent from my Pre.

Have you been able to identify the cause of the extra "carriage return", or maybe you haven't seen it yourself?
    You know, I hadn't noticed this before you mentioned it, but it's there on my emails. If I have some time I might see if I can figure out what's causing this.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm not using any of the exchange servers. Can I use the Mimic Outlook patch or do I need to wait for the multi-mod?

Also, will the multi mod versions be updated for 1.4?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonolee View Post
    Hi Mike,

I think disabling SmartReply should be enough to make it work with earlier versions of Exchange.
    So I tried updating the Multi-Mod patch to 1.4, but am having problems when I disable SmartReply. Here's the line that I enabled (it was originally commented out) in Email.jsjsjs $to$ $enable$ $SmartReply$ $in$ $the$ &$quot$;$Mimic$ $Outlook$&$quot$; $patch$:

LINE 350 in Email.jsjsjs ($1$.$4$ $version$):

Code:
    //params.replyMessage = this.id;
    I also changed lines 1167 and 1168 in compose-assistant.jsjsjs $from$:

Code:
    bodyText += originalText;
    editor.setStyle({'min-height':'320px', 'font-size': '18px'});
    to:

Code:
    controller.get('forwarded_msg_body').innerHTML = originalText;
    However, when I disable these changes from the Mimic Outlook patch (which is how I originally created the Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod patch), the patch no longer works (I can't even open my email app), so I must be missing something or have caused a conflict somewhere.
    Last edited by Jonolee; 03/01/2010 at 11:02 AM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    mike_pre and Jonolee,

Have either of you had any luck on moving this to 1.4?

Thanks,

Flur
    Holy crap! Is there any hope for those of us who aren't "gearheads" to change font/size?

short of an update...
    Amazing that Palm didn't fix in 1.4. Palms problems don't bode well for us Pre owners. They promised what is on the face of it a breakthrough product with Synergy, the Touchstone, and iPod browser experience with a keyboard, and most recently video. The browser experience is great. The Pre really should have been a game changer.

But this ambitous product was incomplete and underfunded. Most people using it now and who intend to keep using it are Palm die hards and those who will accept that they are beta testers. Other smart phones have their issues, but none as fundamental as the Pre. The fact that the Pre has had webOS update after update without this issue fixed for this font issue tells you a lot. Its still a sluggishly slow experience, probably getting worse.

Best case is Palm gets bought out, new resources are put on making the OS sturdy and qualified to be sold en masse, and hopefully within 12 months from now, it will be more than a bleeding edge beta phase product.

In the meantime, the way I have been dealing with the font problem is I have emailed myself something like the signature below in my desired font (Arial 10pt). I then cut and paste the signature block and replace my signature block on the EAS email account. I have auto signature on. When I send an email, I begin typing where the 3 x's are (I usually have to delete excess space from above the xxxs if I need it to look good). So far, my email comes out in Arial 10 pt on the receiver's side. It looks very tiny on the Pre screen, but it turns out ok. I haven't tried the patch floating around.

Good luck Palm, I hope some amazing turnarounds are in process to make me eat my words.

xxx

John Doe
    Acme Company
    123 Main Street
    Chicago, IL 60601

312-555-1212 telephone
    Last edited by widmark; 03/02/2010 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Forgot a step in the solution
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I'm not holding my breath for a fix from Palm. I'm not even sure Palm considers this an issue. I guess they assume the Pre owners don't use their phones for business. I'm a consultant, so while I don't use an exchange server I still need my email to look professional. So I'm relying on Pre users like Jonolee and mike_pre and others that are so great at making patches and so helpful to all of us that are less technically skilled (yes, I know I'm laying it on here) to find a fix for the issue. And they have, release after release.

If it wasn't for the great patch community here I would have had to go back to my blackberry a while ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    mike_pre and Jonolee,

Have either of you had any luck on moving this to 1.4?

Thanks,

Flur

I'm also on Exchange 2003 and having the same font sizing problems after when replying to / forwarding emails. The replies multi-mod patch worked great on 1.3.5 but it's sad that it hasn't been updated for 1.4.

It's a little embarrassing to reply /forward emails at this point (also, is there any way to open .eml files in the pre - that's another exchange-specific problem I'm having) -- I'm actually finding myself thinking twice about sending emails through my pre because of the formatting breakdown.
    Good news -- I was able to update the Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod patch for 1.4.

Seems to work OK on my end -- anyone care to test?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Good news -- I was able to update the Replies/Forwards Multi-Mod patch for 1.4.

Seems to work OK on my end -- anyone care to test?
    Great and many thanks. Will this will be available on Preware?
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Great and many thanks. Will this will be available on Preware?
    Yup. I'll submit it to Preware once I'm confident it's working for most people.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Yup. I'll submit it to Preware once I'm confident it's working for most people.
    I can confirm that the patch works for me (Pre with 1.4.0, Sprint, Exchange 2003). Thanks again.
    Last edited by STBXXL; 03/03/2010 at 07:24 PM.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I had a hunk failure at 1212(?). I'm not sure I installed it right though. I pulled the file into WOSQI and installed from there....
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    FYI - I have the landscape email patch installed. That's the only email patch I have in there. Should I pull that one and install this one first?
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Flur View Post
    I had a hunk failure at 1212(?). I'm not sure I installed it right though. I pulled the file into WOSQI and installed from there....
    That's how I installed it (with WOSQI 3.02). I don't have the landscape view patch installed though.
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast