Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Does this mean that our phone will be capable of barcode scanning with this lens installed?
    <bump>

Does anyone know of any alternative sources for lens instead of trying to disassemble an old dvd player? I would like to try this out but don't have an old dvd player to destroy!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    mine is out of an old cd player. It has a higher magnification though, as you can see from my pics on page 2.
    I am surprised no one has tried to make a back cover with this lens on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaurav View Post
    <bump>

Does anyone know of any alternative sources for lens instead of trying to disassemble an old dvd player? I would like to try this out but don't have an old dvd player to destroy!
    dussyduss on page 2 used a laser pointer lens. I think his came out the best.
    I tried a cdrom player, but the focus distance is also to small. I don't really want to shoot macro, but I want te photograph text, so maybe cheap reading glasses are an option
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Can you use a CD player lens?
    I finally got around to canibalizing an old DVD player with a burnt out motor.

Haven't gotten a lot of good shots yet, but here are a couple I started with.

Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Will this help at all with distance shots?
    That is the coolest thing! Thank you so much for sharing that one, I can't wait to try it!
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERK View Post
    Will this help at all with distance shots?
    Not in the least. You cannot focus on anything beyond a very short distance away with it in place.
    This is awesome. I can't believe I'm just now learning about this.

Now off to find a lens!
    I'm going to do this but it's pretty sad that Palm is so stupid as to release a phone with a fixed focus lens.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123