Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes
    Any news on this?
    I would think that we made a step forward with the native SDK released and all.
    Sorry - doublepost (got a gateway timeout)
    still not possible?
    i am waiting for voip support since first Pre
    since 2009 people want sip.

since 2009 thousand stupid kindergarten apps were developed.

so where is sip ?
    Well, we are apparently still waiting on a way to actually access the mic and speakers simultaneously. When there's no way to get mic data other than recording it to WAV files, you're pretty screwed.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Well, we are apparently still waiting on a way to actually access the mic and speakers simultaneously. When there's no way to get mic data other than recording it to WAV files, you're pretty screwed.
    Linphone alpha testing

linphone works fine on latest 2.2.4 for the phones. Just follow the instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by zagor View Post
    Please do not forget some Pre users live outside US
    So solution would need to be universal. Google Voice is not yet available outside US.
    Gizmo5 would be fine, but I think Fring is also really good.
    or have the app run proxy servers built into it from the us..
    thinking of the troops and this is very possible... That would
    give us the chance to charge a small monthly but very cheap
    yearly because of course you can't guarantee non network
    server uptime... Google and such or whoever the app uses if
    not "multi configuarable server / setup. Anyways thinking about
    writing a couple for the pre. Old school hardware tech / retired
    script kiddy somewhat new to smart phone and their os's but
    learning quickly. Def not new to ubuntu or debian not to
    mention microsoft still don't know what to do with this phone.
    try to remove the webos since I'm hearing open webos won't
    work or enjoy it as an antique and work with gurus@ homebrew
    or try to cross platform android to it since it's hard is faster than my zte or try to develop a method of porting in android apps into webos. Either way I like the card methods and feel the pre
    would make for an exc portable device and I hear there's a full
    flash I can get to put it on cricket. Got my head in the game
    and my mind on the situation and some decisions to make.
    So Skype doesn't do VOIP?
    I have some theories that it would be possible to attach a node service to gstreamer to get audio input/output directly, but acquiring knowledge about how to use gstreamer is a rather painful process, in which the people who already have that knowledge will repeatedly shout at you READ THE MANUAL MORE CAREFULLY until you leave them alone.

* this has been just my one experience from trying to ask for some help from the #gstreamer IRC channel, it may not be like this everywhere in gstreamer's knowledge, but it certainly didn't make me want to dig into learning the finer points.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by khazoury View Post
    So Skype doesn't do VOIP?
    The integrated Skype on my Pre 3 (2.2.4) works well. I am currently using it for free (data only) voice calls (from Australia) to keep in touch with my daughter who is in the USA at the moment.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123