Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok so my touch screen doesn't respond anymore... So i cant select usb drive when i plug it into my computer to save my pictures... is there any way around this? using the keyboard as directional keys, or anything? Sprint says they will replace the screen but they will flash the phone and erase everything in it, kinda defeats why i want to replace the screen .... anything to help me? i really can't lose the pictures, i could care less about the phone, thanks!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by llcooljake View Post
    ok so my touch screen doesn't respond anymore... So i cant select usb drive when i plug it into my computer to save my pictures... is there any way around this? using the keyboard as directional keys, or anything? Sprint says they will replace the screen but they will flash the phone and erase everything in it, kinda defeats why i want to replace the screen .... anything to help me? i really can't lose the pictures, i could care less about the phone, thanks!
    One more reason we should have removable memory Ifeel for you man really this sucks! what I would do if I was in your situation is GO TO SPRINT, and demand they figure out a way to get your pictures, or contact palm rooting into the phone is still possible since just charge is selected by default I believe. so you may be able to root and force your Pre into USB MODE! VIA ROOT method DEVS help him out here
    I am in the same boat. Pulling in usb cable on charges my Pre but I need a way to involve phone into usb drive mode so I can get pics and document files.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I actually just ran into this. I was able to use novacom to get into the phone and install an ftp client(ipkg-opt install ncftp). Then I was able to ftp all of the media to my desktop. Wasn't the easiest but got the job done.
    Ankou11 can you give a little more detail, how you did what you did for this newb? I am in the same position and I need a few pics from my Pre for a court appearance.
    Did you have any luck? I am in the same situation,only Sprint told me I had to get a new phone so I did ,but I have to send old one to Asurion soon or be billed extra for new phone.I would like to get my pics out before I send it back.If you found a solution,I would really appreciate to know how.
    Thank-you
    Did you figure it out? If you did please tell me!
    all rite everyone..i have done it...its a long process but i have done it. I have found another way to get to your pics as long as they were sent to u or you sent them to someone else...anyone still need to know...because im not going to type it out if no one needs it!
    Any chance your phone is already in dev mode? Then it should be relatively easy to get stuff off of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ankou11 View Post
    I actually just ran into this. I was able to use novacom to get into the phone and install an ftp client(ipkg-opt install ncftp). Then I was able to ftp all of the media to my desktop. Wasn't the easiest but got the job done.
    Could also use novaterm to get terminal, follow the automated optware setup here: Next steps - WebOS Internals and then you can connect via SFTP without installing anything else using WinSCP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neemannmarcus View Post
    all rite everyone..i have done it...its a long process but i have done it. I have found another way to get to your pics as long as they were sent to u or you sent them to someone else...anyone still need to know...because im not going to type it out if no one needs it!
    Hi,no I took all the pics myself so does that mean you can't help me? I sent a few and they are still in my text messages but I can't get them either and they do not transfer to your new phone.What about this other thing Ankou11 was saying? Sprint tech guy says he won't try the novacom thing and that Ankou11 had to be wrong that there was no way to do that.Can someone help me before I have to send this back to the insurance company? I need my pics.
    Tinabev
    Quote Originally Posted by eztech View Post
    One more reason we should have removable memory Ifeel for you man really this sucks! what I would do if I was in your situation is GO TO SPRINT, and demand they figure out a way to get your pictures, or contact palm rooting into the phone is still possible since just charge is selected by default I believe. so you may be able to root and force your Pre into USB MODE! VIA ROOT method DEVS help him out here
    I contacted palm and went all the way to the top as far as I could go and they told me to contact Ankou11.They have no fix for this and I am dam mad!
    Tinabev
    Unfortunately, it sounds like you're not already in dev mode. Unless you can tap the top right corner of the screen, and then a button that appears near the bottom, I'm not sure how to help. Sounds like your touchscreen isn't working at all to even enable that.

To see if it'll work, you could try typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart into Universal Search, and pressing enter to open the enable dev mode app. Then you need to press the switch at the top right and hit the button to reset the device.

If you can't do that, then I'm stumped.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Unfortunately, it sounds like you're not already in dev mode. Unless you can tap the top right corner of the screen, and then a button that appears near the bottom, I'm not sure how to help. Sounds like your touchscreen isn't working at all to even enable that.

To see if it'll work, you could try typing upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart into Universal Search, and pressing enter to open the enable dev mode app. Then you need to press the switch at the top right and hit the button to reset the device.

If you can't do that, then I'm stumped.
    I was able to bring DME up on screen by typing that in and I hit the corner button and pressed the bottom button but I dont know what to do now.
    Tinabev
    Quote Originally Posted by tinabev View Post
    I was able to bring DME up on screen by typing that in and I hit the corner button and pressed the bottom button but I dont know what to do now.
    Tinabev
    Okay so the Pre restarted with developer mode enabled?

It's not quite the easiest, but you then want to follow the procedure on the right here to get terminal access.

Then follow Optware Setup.

The last step is to use an SFTP client to access that. If you're on Windows, use WinSCP and the following setup.

Hostname: [my pre's ip]
    port: 222
    username and password you set

Check 'Advanced Options' and select "Environment>SFTP".
    In the SFTP server box enter: sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server
    It'll show you your Pre's files on the right hand column, you'll want to navigate to /media/internal/ and your pictures will be in the DCIM folder.
    Tinabev
    How do I know if its enabled? The icon still appears it says Developer Mode Enabler w/ an arrow pointing right and I did what you said but not sure if its enabled,and it's still on the screen when the phone is opened,when its closed its locked,sorry,is there anyone I can send this to? I don't think I could follow those directions,if you ask me to cook a good italian meal that would be different!
    Tinabev
    Okay, don't hit the center button after typing in the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart string, press the enter button on the keyboard. That'll actually open up the developer mode enabler app, and the only way that I know of to get the pictures off will only work if you can somehow turn that on with the toggle switch at the top right of the screen and then reboot.
    It's not quite the easiest, but you then want to follow the procedure on the right here to get terminal access.

Were not able to follow this..

Can you give me a link for the emulator for the Palm pre?
    Last edited by tinabev; 10/13/2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: I'm in DEVEOPER MODE

Were not able to follow this..

Can you give me a link for the emulator for the Palm pre?
    Can you finish walking us through this? Palm support tried to follow but need more information about emulator
    Thank-you
    Tinabev - pls let me know how this works - I have same issue, all pics from summer vaca with kids are on my pre and I cant access them because touchscreen is dead. can still use keyboard, so i think we;re in the same boat.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast