Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by tomi666 View Post
    perhaps the Pres drive letter is stuck on the cd/dvd drive letter. Remove all usb devices and reboot. Then insert your Pre. Check diskmanagement in Windows.
    Hi,how do you check disk management in windows? Also,Jhoff also told me run doctor too,guess I have no choice,btw when I plug my new pre in J drive still comes up and a bunch of stuff comes off my pre and it says they are SMIL MULTIPRESENTATION and when I click on any of them it goes to REAL PLAYER but doesnt play anything,I don't even know what thy are,they download from my phone every time I plug my phone in.Will the phone keep taking the same pics off every time you connect if you select usb?
    The "43 images" in your info screen may mean you have 43 images in your wallpapaer, DCIM and root folder (I'm not sure).

In Windows (XP?):
    Click Start > select Run; this should bring up the DOS terminal.
    Type "j:" and hit Enter.
    Does it display "J:\>" now?

If so: type "dir" and hit Enter.
    What is displayed. You can rightclick in the screen select mark and mark any text.
    Hey there,these wackos at palm pre support are trying to blow me off,bad enough can't hardly understand their english! I'm trying to get them to help me find out why when I plug my new phone in the J drive comes up and all my pics are smill multimedia presentation & real player pops up but doesnt open anything,get error message.Don't want real player involved with my pre,they are trying to make me call real player and I've had my phone less than 90 days,been on the phone for over an hour because not one of them knows anything about this phone,I heard they come here and learn from you guys!
    I think you should go with jhoff80's instructions, come back here, and hit the Thanks button next to his post. Hit Shadowman's as well while you're at it, because apart from them, you've only had "Hit Orange+Sym+U" posts.

I'm 100% sure I once installed a firmware version
    and was very surprised to see my Pre's hard drive wasn't formatted, and judging from jhoff80's story that must have been a 1.3.1 firmware. I think you're running out of options here. At this point you should 'just do it'. Should your pictures be erased in the process, you could possibly get them back with EasyRecovery Pro.
    I think you should go with jhoff80's instructions, come back here, and hit the Thanks button next to his post. Hit Shadowman's as well while you're at it, because apart from them, you've only had "Hit Orange+Sym+U" posts.

I'm 100% sure I once installed a firmware version
    and was very surprised to see my Pre's hard drive wasn't formatted, and judging from jhoff80's story that must have been a 1.3.1 firmware. I think you're running out of options here. At this point you should 'just do it'. Should your pictures be erased in the process, you could possibly get them back with EasyRecovery Pro.
    Ok,thanks,cute baby! Just had a nice visit w/2 yr old grandaughter,it was a blast! What would really be the killer is if the pics are already gone by a mistake I mat have made early on when trying to read instructions on webos. Is it possible to see webosdrsprint in my computer and not have ran it yet? I started to download webos early on and of course dr came up and I clicked but then realized it said on bottom of page not to if you're trying to get data off so I stopped and clicked sprint version and its on my desktop waiting because it wants me to download dr too,but I know I saw webosdoctorsprint somewhere in my computer and my question is if its in my computer does that mean I ran it or just downloaded it? Also,I don't remember where I saw it in my computer and can't find it now.I must've done something cause novacom bootie comes up in safely remove hardware box with old phone but not new one.Sorry,I know lots of questions,I can cook though!
    Let's go nike with this thing, Tina!
    [QUOTE=tomi666;2074744]Let's go nike with this thing, Tina![/QU

Hey,my pics r still there,didn't run yet,mortisemaker told me how to check to see as long as keyboard still working & can see graphics which I can,so he had me type photos and it showed all images,photo roll,messaging & wallpapers,and it says I have 247 photos under photo roll so does that mean they are definitely still there?
    Yes, it probably does, but it will not magically send your pictures to your computer.
    Who can I take it to to use linux to take pics off one by one as suggested by achill3s? He said if I run dr no more pics. I tried 2 computer stores already,no luck
    I wish! Still trying! Lucky you!
    You can also press the ORANGE key + SYM + U on the keyboard (all at once) to force the phone into USB mass storage mode and then pull everything off the phone.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    ok so let's say the webos doctor 1.3.1 doesnt erase the pictures and updates the phone just fine, so now you can do the sym orange key u combination, the doctor resets phones so how can you get passed the sign in to my profile without the touchscreen? to use the usb force combo?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Well I never returned my palm so they charged me full price... So I figured I had some time lol
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    So is there any way passed that screen and getting into the phone to do the force usb after I do the update?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I did read! And yes the new update will not erase pix if you do the force update with doctor... But now I'm back to select language and sign into palm account... But touchscreen doesn't work so can't sign in to even try "orange key+sym+u" ... I need to know if there's anyway to get passed that screen without using the screen... I'm tech-suck lol
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234