Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    What is the Ideal File format for videos on Pre?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    I use a freeware converter called SUPER, it works great
    Why would they make it so hard to get a video on here?
    I was having problems too, if you format the file as per pccorado(thanks!!!) it should work, at least it worked for me using formatfactory.
    why would they make it so hard to get a video on here???
    Can you download and save videos straight from the net onto the Pre?
    My friends jail broken iphone can and I am getting the whole 'iphone rules' bullsh*T!
    I need to be able to shut him up lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by simonj View Post
    I'm still having trouble. I have saved a small .mp4v file (480x320)
    in several placed 1) just dropped in Palm Pre file 2) dropped in DCIM 3) dropped in Downloads.

When I open videos it says I have none???

PS: Is there anyway to open the downloads file?
    HI,

If you save an m4v file, you won't be able to see it in videos; however, if you use Internalz and open the file location, you can click it and select "open", and it'll play just fine.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    This is awesome, I just used Handbrake to convert one of my PSP movies to the PRE and it worked flawlessly.

This isnt difficult people, do exactly as the second post on this thread and it will work great. You only have to put the file in the root directory of the PRE and the video program will find it. If you want to clean things up you can create a video file to organize your files.
    i convert my movie files to mp4 transfer them to my phone. they show p under video player but when i try to play it says there was an error with play back. this is driving me crazy even the movies i get from itunes wont work. please someone help
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    I don't think movies purchased via iTunes can be viewed on the Pre without running it through some conversion program.

I have found some .mp4 files that wouldn't play. It seems that some files need to be converted again.

I use Videora - Free Video Converter which has an iPod and Pre converter. The iPod version makes files that run fine on my Pre. They also have a Pre wallpaper program to create the correct size wallpapers.

Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by noaxis2 View Post
    I don't think movies purchased via iTunes can be viewed on the Pre without running it through some conversion program.

I have found some .mp4 files that wouldn't play. It seems that some files need to be converted again.

I use Videora - Free Video Converter which has an iPod and Pre converter. The iPod version makes files that run fine on my Pre. They also have a Pre wallpaper program to create the correct size wallpapers.

Hope this helps!
    I dunno about taking DRM'd material from iTunes and transcoding/encoding it to MP4, but I've taken AVIs and even MKVs and ran them through the encoding function of MarkSpace's Missing Sync for Palm Pre and it works great. MKVs literally take 2 hrs to process, but that's because of its multiple tracks (I'm assuming).

Keep your life in sync with The Missing Sync for Palm Pre from MarkSpace

That's a link to the Mac version, but as they say on that page the Windows XP/Vista/7 version is "coming soon". I found a workaround to downloading it and I got a 14 day trial/demo, but if you have a Mac and can afford ~$40 then it's well worth it, as it syncs pretty much any [non-DRM'd] data to your Pre, and I bet it'd work for the upcoming Pixi too.

I hope this helps....
    thank you both for your wucik replies. im going on acation and needed this. both of yall rule!
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    It's another example of that bane of all information, DRM! Way to go Apple! And it doesn't even work!

I use "4Media DVD to MP4 Converter 5". It costs around $30, but it does an excellent job of stripping DRM from DVDs and shrinking them to more Pre friendly file size. Which, by the way is perfectly legal in the US as long as you don't redistribute the movies. I'm not sure if there has been a decision on copying rented DVDs though.
    does your conversions run extremely slow. ive been running mine for 30 minutes now and the status bar hasnt moved at all. it says its processed 0.9 in 30 minutes. is that normal?
    I'll try the free encoder tonight!
    well videora didnt work waited 2 hours to see scrambled video. are there any other free converters. i really dont wanna pay 30 bucks for one. this is starting to drive me crazy now videora is playing weird *** comercials without video. i hear dog food commercials n stuff. why is this so difficult! now ive downloaded the ipod converter and it works great. the palm pre converter doesnt work at all.

OK now i have the pre converter working but it wont convert .wmv so far i can only do avi.
    Last edited by bluebrent; 09/12/2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: more info
    Maybe it's just me, but I find the video support on the Pre to be perfectly adequate.

I have owned all kinds of mobile electronics over the years, although the Pre is my first touch screen smart phone, and I have always made it a habit of transcoding videos on my desktop for use on whatever device I was using them on.

With free tools like Handbrake, it's so easy to do that it really is worth the trouble. The iphone/ipodtouch presets in handbrake work flawlessly on the Pre because they have the same screen resolution. The videos come out at exceptionally high quality, and play with no skipping.
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    the pre needs a VLC type player. Then it would be set!
    the hardware side of things are up to par... its the software that is currently lacking
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast