Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Yeah mp4 files don't seem to work. I am not sure exactly what formats are supported and have been trying to see. It does play m4v files however.
    My audio seems to lag quite often.

I've used Super, Handbreak, and a slew of other converters with the same results.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    i use this when i do my videos..works very wells for me..use the advance settings to get the best results... http: //vio. thepiratebay. org/ ...remove the spaces..
    how big are your guys Handbrake coverted files after converting?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I cannot play basically any video I get in E-mail or what ever. When I try to open them it says " Cannot find an application which can open this file. "

Any help would be appreciated.
    what kind of video file is it?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    .wma , .wmv
    there is your problem the pre doesn't support those video files
    Attachments from emails rarely work. See .pdf as well. Only ones I can get to work without fail are Word/Excel/PPoint. I have heard that this is on the docket to be updated, though I have no idea when.
    Video Formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I cant believe someone "PALM" hasen't resolved such an issue. Thanks for your quick responses.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1moomba View Post
    I cant believe someone "PALM" hasen't resolved such an issue. Thanks for your quick responses.
    i'm not surprised palm doesn't support wma files they are windows based and palm hasn't had too much luck with them
    Palm has not natively supported WMA for their own OS. WMA has only worked on Palm phones running Windows Mobile.
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    WMA is a crap format anyways, why would you want to use it? Same with WMV.
    Quote Originally Posted by gage006 View Post
    WMA is a crap format anyways, why would you want to use it? Same with WMV.
    There are a lot of people with their music in wma and their movies in wmv. It is not a crap format; it is a personal preference.

Supporting those files would be nice, but it makes for a better app to limit supported formats.

The op is no doubt not looking forward to converting his library to another format. I can't say I blame him. If I had thousands of songs/movies I would rethink buying a phone that didn't support them.

(fortunately, all my stuff is .mp4/.acc/.mp3 so I can use the Pre without compatibility issues.)
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    But what about .avi files?, TCPMP was able to play it I wonder if there will be such available?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    My issues are with stuff that people send me attached to an E-mail and I can't view on phone. Pain in the ****.
    I cannot play basically any video I get in E-mail or what ever. When I try to open them it says " Cannot find an application which can open this file. "

Any help would be appreciated.
    .wma , .wmv
    Quote Originally Posted by Leke View Post
    But what about .avi files?, TCPMP was able to play it I wonder if there will be such available?
    Once Palm provides a means (via SDK) for adding 3rd party codecs. The app makers such as CorePlayer and Kinoma are waiting, willing and able to bring additional audio/video support to Pre.

See: http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...a-charles.html
    There are responses there from both Kinoma (Charles) and CorePlayer (BetaBoy) insiders.

CorePlayer claims all their team uses Pre now and Linux is their native working platform. Kinoma is awaiting support for native apps (like compiled C++ code). As the webOS SDK gets more mature, the additional support will come.
    Download Format Factory and you can change the WMA to the correct file type.
    Free!
    I have used it to change .AVi also and have never had any Virus or spy-ware issues.
    I use a freeware Program called SWITCH to convert files
    WMA ~ MP3 /MPEG4

Or Use Smart Audio Converter
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast