1.    #1  
    I just bought my palm pre, its working with Bell.

I had to do the peef method to be able to activate the palm profile.

I could never get the EVDO think to work.

So now it works to send SMS make calls, and I work with my wi fi to connect it to the internet, but how do I enable the EVDO connection.

I tried ##EVDO# and tried all the mode, so not even 1x did work to connect it to the internet.

I checked with the ##debug# code, and found out that NA/AAA authentication failed.

I guess thats why I cant connect with the internet.

Is that something I can fix in anyway, or I should talk to bell again.

Everytime I talk to them they keep saying that my account is alright.

Thanks in advance.

As a rule of thumb we suggest calling our data 123 number (1-877-3282-123) before attempting to return the device back to the store. They are the main troubleshooting resource for all data devices. They usually will inform you if you need to take the device back to the store.
    I also got a replacement pre that seems to be having this same issue. Can you tell me what you did to resolve? I am not on Bell, I am on Sprint in the US. They tried to work with me over the phone, but did not resolve it.
    My activation with Bell went flawlessly... No problems whatsoever! My advice is that you should go back to Bell store and try to activate the phone properly. Only then you will be able to use EVDO connection and surf smoothly.
    im the same as leonne,, flawless activation. palm this is one fine phone..
  6.    #6  
    So, for my Canadian Folks, how much is your monthly bill?
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.
    $100.07 broken down as follows:

$35.00 Uber 35 (Basic voice plan, not many minutes, no free roaming or long distance calling like my previous voice plan but at least evenings and weekends are free)
    $ 9.70 System Access and 911 Fees (You can't get away from this in Canada)
    $11.00 Value Bundle B (Call display and the better voice mail)
    $15.00 Txt Msg - Unltd Pkg. (I text enough to make this totally worth it)
    $30.00 Unl Email-Internet Windows 30 (Unlimited data plan, Bell quietly began offering this last year when the iPhone came out on Rogers)

This is the same Frankenplan I had on my previous 700p, which evolved as my smart phones and calling habits changed over the past 8 years. I'm not sure what sort of plan they're selling to new Bell/Pre customers or how it compares... ignorance is bliss.

(And yes, I realize these numbers are stupidly high compared to US carriers. Trust me, that $30 unlimited data option was actually a massive improvement over what was available to us before that...)
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    HEY SHORYUKENN!!!

i'm having the exact same problem with you with bell.

In the debug mode, it says authentication failed.

Everytime I tried to use any application or the browser it says Provisioning Error.

What did you do to fix it?

The Bell guys says my account seems all right but they're escalating it to something else to try to fix it but they won't get back to me in 72 hours....
    Having the same problem with the "provisioning" error.....I put homebrew on it last night so I'm wondering if that has something to do with it?
  10.    #10  
    Holy Krom,

Thats a lot of money.

For the other folks, please forgive me for being away so long, I was having a lot to do with my final exams, and then I went back to Mexico to visit my family.

The Provisioning error went away when they finally put a data plan to my pre, for what ever reason this phone doesnt automatically connect to the data network unless you contract it. I remember being on telus, on an old crappy phone and I had internet and they were deducting the usage from my credit.

Bell doesnt do that, and you gotta have a monthly plan, and add the data plan to it.

I know its too late, but theres the answer anyways.

I will try to find how to get notifications on my email to be here more often when someone needs help, and I will help if I can.
    Imagina que no hay países no es difícil de hacer nadie por quien matar o morir ni tampoco religión.

La gente dice que estoy loco al hacer lo que hago.
    Bien, me han dado toda clase de advertencias para salvarme de la ruina.
    Cuando digo que me encuentro bien ellos me miran un poco raro.