1.    #1  
    I noticed a cool thing on my Dish the other day... They have a new remote access for my dvr, so I hooked it up and played with it on my pc for a bit.

Then I thought I bet this works on my Pre, so I typed in the address and logged in.... Very cool interface for everything, even a remote on your phone
    I used it to mess with my kids and they couldn't figure out why their show was skipping forward and back every couple seconds
    Now if we just get the sling app I'll be set.
    Dish customers check it out DISH Remote Access- DISH Network
    Last edited by genEric122; 08/27/2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: tried to edit title lol
    Right on, thanks! I wondered if DISH did this and that totally helps. How is it hooked up? Isn't it through a phone line?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Modern receivers have an ethernet jack so you can use your broadband connection. I don't believe the older models with only a phone line would be able to do this... or, if they can, it won't be nearly as responsive as with broadband.

I noticed the Remote Access thing the other day when i was checking my statement, but didn't bother messing with it. Now that we know it can turn a pre into a DVR remote (thanks genEric) I'll certainly be playing with it. Can't wait to mess with my girlfriend's head next time a Kardashian marathon is on (she guards the remote with her life)!
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    ill give this a try
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by FliedLice View Post
    Right on, thanks! I wondered if DISH did this and that totally helps. How is it hooked up? Isn't it through a phone line?
    I think you need high speed hooked up for this to work... An ethernet cable from your router to the dvr will do, but I have a wireless bridge to an ethernet hub that splits for my xbox and dvr
    Just kidding on this one obviously, but you do costuming for Dish Network?

It says in your post that you are a Dish Network Costumer!
    I likey take apart thingies....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by powerbyte View Post
    Just kidding on this one obviously, but you do costuming for Dish Network?

It says in your post that you are a Dish Network Costumer!
    LOL I am so retarded I don't know how I lived this long

I was so excited about my find I didn't look over what I typed... And the costumes I created are sweet
    this is also great for programming your dvr while away - right from the pre! i love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    I think you need high speed hooked up for this to work... An ethernet cable from your router to the dvr will do, but I have a wireless bridge to an ethernet hub that splits for my xbox and dvr
    Makes sense. I have no ethernet remotely close to it, unfortunately. Guess its time to figure out how to get that old router to bridge finally
    Quote Originally Posted by genEric122 View Post
    And the costumes I created are sweet
    It must be really hard to make all those costumes for the millions of actors and actresses out there on Dish Network programming.
    I likey take apart thingies....
    Did something change since the OP? It appears that the login form on that page is in flash, so there's no way to log in through the browser on the palm pre.
    here's the link i use - from my Pre --

dish4sling.com/index.mobile.php
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieras View Post
    here's the link i use - from my Pre --

dish4sling.com/index.mobile.php

tried this address, says "unable to load page"
    i have it bookmarked and that's the address it shows - i just tried it and it worked. did you try just dish4sling.com ??