1.    #1  
    Any way to alphabetically sort the APPS?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    On the phone itself? I don't believe so. You can rearrange them manually any way you'd like and even pull them sideways to another launcher page to organize them better. Mine are sorted by the ones I use most often.
    This would be a great app/tweak for the Launcher. If we could Sort by Name and also move pages that would help a lot.
    BUMP

How about it, all you smart guys out there??? Surely there has to be a way to sort the apps on a page?
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    BUMP

How about it, all you smart guys out there??? Surely there has to be a way to sort the apps on a page?
    Use Preware. It allows you to sort by categories and then by date or alphabet within each.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Use Preware. It allows you to sort by categories and then by date or alphabet within each.
    Thank you, but this thread is looking for a way to sort the apps installed on your device. So that, when you view a page in the Launcher, the apps will be listed in alphabetical order instead of the current free-for-all ordering.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    Thank you, but this thread is looking for a way to sort the apps installed on your device. So that, when you view a page in the Launcher, the apps will be listed in alphabetical order instead of the current free-for-all ordering.
    Sorry -- so you are talking about sorting the ICONS for your apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    Sorry -- so you are talking about sorting the ICONS for your apps.

Yes we are.

Currently the apps (icons) are put there in the order that they are installed on your device unless you rearrange them yourself by dragging and dropping. But, once you get a page with say 25+ apps, it gets a little awkward to drag-drop and it can be rough to scroll to find the app you are looking for. Sure, I know you can just start typing the app name and it will find it for you, but that requires the keyboard. If the apps were in alphabetical order then it would be easier to scroll (with a little less thought involved, I guess you could say)
    Global Posts
    582 Global Posts
    i did this manually the moment I got my pre.. now when i add an app it's easy to drop it where it needs to go.. i have 5 launcher pages titled (literally titled using a patch) main, bookmarks, games, applications, and settings.. i'm such a neat freak.. and it's beautiful!
    Quote Originally Posted by d.moss View Post
    i did this manually the moment I got my pre.. now when i add an app it's easy to drop it where it needs to go.. i have 5 launcher pages titled (literally titled using a patch) main, bookmarks, games, applications, and settings.. i'm such a neat freak.. and it's beautiful!
    I agree. It is much easier to sort them by function. I also have five pages, sorted a little different. But it meets my needs much better than alphabetical would.
    I would like this option as well. Maybe someone could make a patch for this?