Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 451
Like Tree4Likes
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I have yet to see a report that this fix doesn't work, and I repeat it on about a daily basis:
    1. Get a qtip, remove most of the cotton from one side.
    2. Dip it in rubbing alcohol.
    3. Use it to clean the inside of your headphones jack.
    4. Observe properly functioning Pre.
    5. Pester one of the mods to sticky this solution so we don't have to do this every day.
    WORKED for me!

    btw my symptoms were:

    no sound output whatsoever (mp3, in ring, out ring, phone calls, card whoooshes) unless with headphones or prespeakerphone or bluetooth. While I could hear a call with the PREspeakerphone, nobody could hear me.

    I had tried headphone jack in-out as well as muting many times: before, during and after phone calls as well as before, during and after mp3 playing. I also had tried soft resets and battery removal & compressed air into jack.
  2. #122  
    Device info
    preferences
    Interactive tests
    audio

    run the tests for phone

    First time i did it nothing and reran test again...
    viola...fixed.

    and this is after using my bluetooth for two weeks when my mic and earspeaker died.
  3. #123  
    Its Great That All You People Can Find "Fixes" For The Pre But...I Find It WRONG that with this many users are having this problem and nothing is being done. The guy at the Sprint store told me i was Smart for carrying a set of head phones to get it out of headset mode. Really???
    My HTC Evo Is Great...
  4. #124  
    I tried everything within the first few posts except the rubbing alcohol. After restarting my phone, it works again. I'm not sure which of the fixes actually worked but I didnt' show anything until after restarting, something I have done multiple times.
  5. #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcnamara43 View Post
    Its Great That All You People Can Find "Fixes" For The Pre But...I Find It WRONG that with this many users are having this problem and nothing is being done. The guy at the Sprint store told me i was Smart for carrying a set of head phones to get it out of headset mode. Really???
    It makes it even worse because this isn't a new issue that Palm has never encountered before.

    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    It's oh so common.
    It's too bad also.
    It's an issue that was common clear back with the Treo 650.
    It is really a shame it's back with the Pre.
    Just call me Berd.
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by pennpre View Post
    Mentioned this in another thread, but plugging a set of headphones in while on a call , I just call my voicemail, then unplugging them while still on the call should switch you back to handset speaker mode. Works for me at least.
    I have had this issue at least a few times. The first time the pandora trick worked. See below.

    1) Plug in a headset into the jack
    2) Open up a media player (either the MP3 player or Pandora)
    3) Begin to let the music play.
    4) Stop the music from playing after a few seconds
    5) Completely exit out of the media application.
    6) With the headset still plugged in, wait about 15-30 seconds. (this is so that the media/pandora app task can "fully" stop from running)
    7) Unplug the headset.
    8) Try to make a call. The phone should now be able to emit sound from the earpiece

    Today the above didn't work.

    I tried many things listed under this thread. Finally, the thing that worked was plugging headset and unplugging headset while on a call. However, there is a caveat associated with this. If you have a bluetooth connection on, this doesn't work. For this to work, disable the bluetooth and then try plugging/unplugging the headset while on a call and hopefully it would work. It did for me.
    Thanks
  7. #127  
    <<added to first post>>
    Quote Originally Posted by palmpre06062009 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pennpre View Post
    Mentioned this in another thread, but plugging a set of headphones in while on a call , I just call my voicemail, then unplugging them while still on the call should switch you back to handset speaker mode. Works for me at least.

    I have had this issue at least a few times. The first time the pandora trick worked. See below.

    1) Plug in a headset into the jack
    2) Open up a media player (either the MP3 player or Pandora)
    3) Begin to let the music play.
    4) Stop the music from playing after a few seconds
    5) Completely exit out of the media application.
    6) With the headset still plugged in, wait about 15-30 seconds. (this is so that the media/pandora app task can "fully" stop from running)
    7) Unplug the headset.
    8) Try to make a call. The phone should now be able to emit sound from the earpiece

    Today the above didn't work.

    I tried many things listed under this thread. Finally, the thing that worked was plugging headset and unplugging headset while on a call. However, there is a caveat associated with this. If you have a bluetooth connection on, this doesn't work. For this to work, disable the bluetooth and then try plugging/unplugging the headset while on a call and hopefully it would work. It did for me.
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
  8. #128  
    WOW! All of this is great info! If I have any more problems wit this new pre, I hope it will the same problem as what I had wit my last pre.. That way I can try all of this good troubleshooting info! Lol...
  9. #129  
    I tried everything in this thread but the only thing that actually worked for me was to get ****ed off and then insert the headphones into the jack and then crank on it back and forth to the point that I almost snapped it off. Now it works great with one exception... the phone needs to be in the open mode for the earpiece to work. At least this works for now.
  10. #130  
    I had this issue that started last night when I was listening to music with my headphones. It got stuck and I tried everything. Finally just now I got it working after much frustration. I haven't been one to complain about the Pre, but this issue is ridiculous. It needs to be addressed by Palm. So we shouldn't risk using our headphones because it might get stuck, and if it gets stuck we can't really use our phone?
  11. #131  
    My Pre was stuck in headset mode - I could not get any music to play out of the speaker, no sound from the earpiece in phone mode, and prox sensor was not enabled in phone mode. I went to local Sprint service center and they recognized the problem. There was a backlog of repairs at the repair center, so I did not leave the phone. However, I did speak to the Sprint service center rep who explained that this is a problem they can fix and would likely just require cleaning. Having read the posts here at PreCentral, I realized that I could likely tackle the problem. When I got home, I gathered some Q-Tips and Isopropyl alcohol, and then cleaned the headphone jack. I had to pull some of the cotton off the Q-Tip to fit the tip into the jack, but after 2 successive cleanings, the phone returned to normal and I now have complete use of speaker, phone earpiece, prox sensor, etc. After 3 days, it's still working well. Thanks to those who posted before me!
  12. kevlars9's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    #132  
    All you must do is put a toothpick or something into the headphone jack and push the two metal strips back against the jack. For all those who use the alcohol. Its not the alcohol that works, but the q tip your sticking down in there bending the strips back into place.
  13. #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlars9 View Post
    All you must do is put a toothpick or something into the headphone jack and push the two metal strips back against the jack. For all those who use the alcohol. Its not the alcohol that works, but the q tip your sticking down in there bending the strips back into place.
    Oh i see, how long does this last for before it happens again?
  14. #134  
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    ur doing it wrong.

    super easy fix:

    plug headphones/headset in and out a few times. it will come back. done this multiple times, so have others.
    This worked like a charm!!! took ten seconds. Was just about to get a second replacement for this. Thank the PreGods that I saw this thread
  15. #135  
    sprint techs can now fix this issue. you should go into a store if you have this issue. simple fix,seen it done myself. no more refurbs!
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by dynastyisp View Post
    sprint techs can now fix this issue. you should go into a store if you have this issue. simple fix,seen it done myself. no more refurbs!
    Are they really fixing it or just cleaning the jack? Cleaning the jack will "fix" it for a little while but the issue is still there. Are they able to really fix the problem somehow?
  17. #137  
    Just got my Pre on Saturday and had this issue on Sunday. Listened to some mp3s on Sun morning and while at the store later found out I couldn't use the earpiece or mic for calls. I panicked and didn't have headphones on me. Raced home and inserted them in and out about 5 times to fix. I love the phone to death, but this type of issue worries me.
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlars9 View Post
    All you must do is put a toothpick or something into the headphone jack and push the two metal strips back against the jack. For all those who use the alcohol. Its not the alcohol that works, but the q tip your sticking down in there bending the strips back into place.
  19. #139  
    This happened to me and after trying several things I took it into the Sprint store. They then tried the same things mentioned here and couldn't fix it. I then got a new phone, well...refurbished.
  20. #140  
    HAs anyone had this problem post 1.3.5? I had it happen twice prior but not at all since.
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 17 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions