Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    I have the same issue - happens often.

I turn on bluetooth while making a phone call/checking messages and select "speaker" when my other two choices are "Wired headset" and "Bluetooth". Yes, looking forward to this issue being resolved.
    I got a new pre b/c of stuck headset. Sprint store tried to tell me it's b/c I dropped my phone. Got a second opinion from a 3rd party sprint store and they looked on the computer and found out it's a problem...so they ordered me a new one the next day. DON'T PAY INSURANCE DEDUCTIBLE!

btw, I tried all these things suggested and it didn't unstick it for me.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have no trouble with the earpiece and I have never used the headphone jack, except in attempts to fix my problem. My only problem is ringtones. My ringtones do not play. I also don't get a vibrate when someone calls. My problem is definitely software related. This started after a long day of installing Preware and tons of patches and apps. I've uninstalled everything and pulled the batter. Still no ringtones.
    I experienced the headphone jack problem two or three times. Now I use the jack once or twice everyday and have not had the problem in quite a while. Perhaps with frequent use the plug loosens and the problem goes away. Atleast on my Pre it seems that way.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    On my 5th refurb now for the headphone issue. The last refurb was actually a combination of both the headphone issue as well as a bad radio causing the 'your phone was unable to access a data connection' message every few hours.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sue-fixed.html

READ THIS THREAD. IT WORKED FOR ME THE FIRST TIME!!!! TRY IT. MODERATORS, PLEASE VERIFY THIS AND STICKY THIS AFTER POSTING THIS IN ALL OF THE RELEVANT THREADS. THANKS BE TO LIZARD FOR HE IS MY SAVE*****. OK, UNNECESSARY LANYGUAGE, BUT IM HAPPY WITH THIS FIX DAG NABBIT.
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    Thanks you so much. I was about to join the list of people that replaced their phone. Now I have a fix that I hope will help if this situation occurs again. Thank you Precentral for this Forum.
    Not to hijack however I had 2 issues that started at the same time. The speakerphone problem (tried pluging and unpluging, compressed air etc.) and my screen lights up every 10 seconds and my battery life is cut in half (5 hours). Are these related?
    mine phone is doing this took it into sprint store ordered me a new one thanks 3 phone ordeder for free
    Had this happen to me once. Got a new phone.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    ive found that taking a toothpick, or similar small object and just wiggling it in the jack works fine for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by duplissi View Post
    ive found that taking a toothpick, or similar small object and just wiggling it in the jack works fine for me.
    see, that toothpick idea indicates a hardware issue, not software like the mute button idea. This is very strange and I believe you just had a coincidence, but next time do the vmail mute button trick as explained in this thread, as it worked for me on the first try after trying about 10 other attempts given to me including one who told me to quickly insert my headset in and out many times!!! Does that sound like a true fix?
    anyway, if it works for you, then keep using the toothpick!
    I cant tell by reading these posts but has anyone been able to fix the issue and not have it return? My pre (#6) started having the headphone jack issue and another issue where the phone screen lights up randomly sometimes every 10 seconds to every 10 minutes. It really kills my battery.

I can use my phone normally about 75% of the time (no headphone issue), the other 25% of the time I have to talk on speakerphone or keep trying to restart my dialer.

Has anyone been able to fix their Pre to get rid of this issue 100%?
    I am getting the feeling that this issue is somewhat intermittent and whatever the user may be doing when it starts working again becomes his/her foolproof fix. Ie: put the phone down, go make a PBJ sangwitch and it should work next time you try it.

I usually make a call to voicemail and remove headset jack during the call, can take several tried.
    (read my post 2 above this one) Well, I had enough and went down to the Sprint Store. It was totally stuck on headphone mode and to the point where I was going to leave work, make the 30 minute ride to the Sprint Store and have them order me a new phone. Right before I left I uninstalled all of my apps and did a factory reset. Same headphone problem....

Gave it to Sprint to have the tech look at it not expecting much more then having to order a new one. The tech started off by resetting my phone and it did not fix the issue (Duh!). Then 5 minutes later he walked out of the back and said that it was fixed.

My reaction was obviously that he got it to make a few calls the way it should and is now getting me out of the store.

I asked him what he did and he said "Its a pretty common problem with the Pre. The headphone pins on the inside get bent and trick the phone to thinking that headphones are plugged in. We are not allowed to take the phone apart but I put a headphone jack in and lightly pressed it to the right and then to the left to bend the pins back in place. You will be fine".

I have made about 10 calls so far and no more issues.

Could this be a very simple fix for the headphone issue? So far for me it is.
    Last edited by rsoby2112; 12/21/2009 at 12:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sue-fixed.html

READ THIS THREAD. IT WORKED FOR ME THE FIRST TIME!!!! TRY IT. MODERATORS, PLEASE VERIFY THIS AND STICKY THIS AFTER POSTING THIS IN ALL OF THE RELEVANT THREADS. THANKS BE TO LIZARD FOR HE IS MY SAVE*****. OK, UNNECESSARY LANYGUAGE, BUT IM HAPPY WITH THIS FIX DAG NABBIT.
    <<updated Syphon's opening post in his thread>>
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...sound-fix.html
    Thanks
    Just call me Berd.
    [QUOTE=Syphon;1820251]I think this should be stickied as this issues seems to be a reoccurring one on this forum. So hopefully with a stickied topic, it can end the multiple topics.

thanks...worked first time.....
    Just a quick question here, Is this problem software related or hardware related? And if it is software related how likely is it going to get fix within the next update or two?
    Wouldnt it be a lot easier if you guys just did an Interactive Test on the Audio, which is in the Device Info Settings? Works for me.
  20. 729
    I had this problem after using Pandora which is the only time I use the headphone jack. I had concluded it was a Pandora problem. I didn't read all 111 posts, but I read a few and with the headphone mode information, I dialed voicemail and gave my beloved Pre a nice, firm flick on the back by the jack while holding it upside-down. Instantly, all my ails were cured. Well, maybe not all. But for that moment... It was actually quite satisfying to give 'er a little flick, if you must know the truth. Plus, it worked!