Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    think i found an easy fix. when you dial or receive a call, simply press mute than unmute the call. This has worked for me every time and seems to a better fix than having to carry my headphones or blue tooth all the time. Hope it works for everyone else
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    This was the third time this happened to my Pre. This time I couldn't hear anything out of the earpiece and music video sounds the swipe sound weren't playing out of the speaker. However, ringtones, notifications and alarms played normally. I tried every combination of inserting and removing the headphones out of the jack while in multiple sound apps and phone app. I tried the soft reboot and removed the battery after I shut the Pre off. Nothing that worked before, worked this time.
    I finally dared to remove the battery while the pre was still on. It Worked! Thanks to whoever suggested that first.
    All is good but I now hear a faint pop sound out of the speaker sometimes, sort of like when you switch from speaker to earpiece during a call. Also Music Player Remix pauses for no reason sometimes, while I'm using the phone speaker to play music. Anyone else experiencing this? Time will tell if this persists.

I plug my pre into my stereo frequently, this whole ordeal is freaking me out a little. Will this happen often?
    Quote Originally Posted by zebrazed View Post
    This was the third time this happened to my Pre. This time I couldn't hear anything out of the earpiece and music video sounds the swipe sound weren't playing out of the speaker. However, ringtones, notifications and alarms played normally. I tried every combination of inserting and removing the headphones out of the jack while in multiple sound apps and phone app. I tried the soft reboot and removed the battery after I shut the Pre off. Nothing that worked before, worked this time.
    I finally dared to remove the battery while the pre was still on. It Worked! Thanks to whoever suggested that first.
    All is good but I now hear a faint pop sound out of the speaker sometimes, sort of like when you switch from speaker to earpiece during a call. Also Music Player Remix pauses for no reason sometimes, while I'm using the phone speaker to play music. Anyone else experiencing this? Time will tell if this persists.

I plug my pre into my stereo frequently, this whole ordeal is freaking me out a little. Will this happen often?
    do you ever unplug or plug in while music is playing ,if so this messes with the pre . also you may try running webos repair utility and see if there is just a glitch that needs tweaking . the repair utility has helped and kept me from running the doctor and thats what i like lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by s00pcan View Post
    Nothing posted so far in this thread worked for me.

Problems: Phone thinks it's in headset mode. From the sounds & ringtones screen I can get it to output to the back speaker if I change the ringtone volume, but choosing a ringtone doesn't play any sound unless I have headphones plugged in. I can only hear things while on a call through the speakerphone setting or with headphones. Music player app only plays through headphones when they're plugged in, doesn't play anything otherwise.

Tried the instructions where you unplug the headset after closing the music app.
    Tried unplugging it while on a call.
    Tried rubbing alcohol and a q tip.
    Tried sym+orange+r.
    Tried taking the battery out while it's on, after shutting down, etc.
    Tried webos doctor (second day in a row, last time it was because the keyboard stopped working)
    try returning the phone for replacment ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by pennpre View Post
    Mentioned this in another thread, but plugging a set of headphones in while on a call , I just call my voicemail, then unplugging them while still on the call should switch you back to handset speaker mode. Works for me at least.

after trying all the mentioned things in the previous post and none working. ive reformatted my phone and everything. however i just did what you said.

called my voicemail. hit the mute button turned mute off hit the speaker botton and turned the speaker off pulled out the headphones and voila yay... glad i dont have to go order another phone.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Tried all the above fixes...

After the pulling battery and it starts up it still is in headset mode. Walk to the bathroom with my knife and set the phone down while its on the phone with my voicemail still stuck and after I shave the q tip I look over and it fixed itself. This is my 2nd Pre. First one got swapped out because of this issue.
    Would it be possible to create an app or patch that could do a software reset of the headset jack? That would be great, I had it happen during thanksgiving and didn't have a mini jack to plug in and out, although I didn't try the battery pull. A headset reset button in the pull down menu would be great.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by housetube View Post
    Would it be possible to create an app or patch that could do a software reset of the headset jack? That would be great, I had it happen during thanksgiving and didn't have a mini jack to plug in and out, although I didn't try the battery pull. A headset reset button in the pull down menu would be great.
    I've been thinking the same thing, or in my case, one that just flatout disables the headset mode (On/Off functionaity of course). It would defintely "fix" the problem without having to replace the phone for another one that will most likely do it again.

It has happened to me quite a few times, but this last time I have tried everything with no success. However, being I don't have any stuck pixels or an oreo effect, I have been reluctant to have it replaced. Just been toughing it out with speakphone, but patiently waiting for a patch or app.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    this is a great thread... it fixed my problem....
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by majikTib View Post
    UPDATE:
    3:37 PM PALM REP: When and where did you purchase the device?
    3:38 PM MAJIK: Sprint store (not 3rd party) - Murfreesboro, TN about 2 months ago
    3:38 PM MAJIK: June originally, replaced in July due to battery problems. .
    I believe we got our Pre's at the same store....I'm in Nurfreesboro as well

We're you lined up with me on launch day?
    I'm having this same issue except following the steps for opening an closing the music player did not fix the issue. When this problem occurred the first time, the problem seemed to correct itself overnight.

However, today, when I used my Sprint Navigation application, it caused the same issue.
    I just tried to make a voice call on my pre. The call is going out and my pre will ring if someone calls it. But if I pick up on my pre, or the person who I am calling from my pre, can not hear me and I hear nothing from them.... Anyone know what is going on with this thing???? I dont know how long it has been like this, I dont make a lot of calls or receive them on it too often... I text and email... No phone patches installed, anymore. But the Speaker works just fine! Boy this pre is really ****in me off!
    Pulled the Battery on it?
    Pulling the battery is never necessary on a Pre

Your pre thinks your earphones are still plugged in.

To fix this issue. Plug in headphones and dial voicemail. Hit the mute button in the dialer twice then hang up voicemail and pull out headphones. Speaker should work thereafter.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    I pulled the battery anyway, and still no luck... As for my phone thinking its still on earpiece, I never had a earpiece plugged in... But I will try it and report back..
    No, that didn't fix it..... Have something else to try?
    just go to or call sprint and tel them the problem. i had the same problem when i updated my phone and they will run you through the general trouble shooting and for me they gave up quite quick and replaced it for free. this is assuming you have insurance of course
    let me know if you do find a fix though, becasue that would save me form having this problem again
    Palm Support : Can't hear audio through Treo smartphone's speaker or headset

Check out the above article. I used a cotton-tipped swab (Q-Tip) to clean out the audio jack; was amazed at the dirt that was in the hole.
    Quote Originally Posted by pmeyerink View Post
    just go to or call sprint and tel them the problem. i had the same problem when i updated my phone and they will run you through the general trouble shooting and for me they gave up quite quick and replaced it for free. this is assuming you have insurance of course
    let me know if you do find a fix though, becasue that would save me form having this problem again
    did you have to pay the $100 in order to get a new pre???
    Quote Originally Posted by pmeyerink View Post
    Did you have to PAY anything????
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789 14 ... LastLast