webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Discussion >  webOS Tips, Info & Resources > Stuck In Headset Mode? No Earpiece or Back Speaker Sound? [FIX]
Stuck In Headset Mode? No Earpiece or Back Speaker Sound? [FIX]
Like Tree4Likes

Old 12/13/2012, 03:31 AM   #441 (permalink)

It worked for me when i made a call keeping headset on and then plugged out headset while on call
Silly billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2015, 01:37 PM   #442 (permalink)

I have tried everything except for opening up the phone. Nothing works with mine. I am stuck in headset mode forever I just bought this phone and it is now right out of the 30-day warranty. I'm so frustrated.
Boo Rhodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2015, 03:50 PM   #443 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Rhodes View Post
I have tried everything except for opening up the phone. Nothing works with mine. I am stuck in headset mode forever I just bought this phone and it is now right out of the 30-day warranty. I'm so frustrated.
What phone did you purchase?

Network Moderator | Mobile Nations Rules
HelloNNNewman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/04/2015, 08:12 PM   #444 (permalink)
pivotCE Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Rhodes View Post
Please also describe the problem, when it started, the circumstances etc. Then list the solutions you have tried. This will make it easier for someone to attempt to help. A common problem is dirt and fluff accumulating in the headphone socket and shorting or blocking the switch inside so it gets stuck.
1. Try turning the phone upside down and shaking to help debris fall out. Perhaps even a small vacuum cleaner..?
2. Shut it down, remove the battery and use isoproponol alcohol or similar (e.g. camera or glasses lens fluid) in the hope of disolving any grease (maybe stick a slim cotton bud in there too).
3. There is a method of using graphite...
4. If it's a software problem, there are some solutions for that..

But you say you've tried everything except opening it up. If you specify, perhaps there will be a tip you've overlooked or maybe someone can advise you on opening the device and checking the connections are sound.

I once had this on an old Palm phone. I sprayed a great amount of cleaning fluid into it and got through many cotton buds before it was fixed, but it was fine after that.
Old 05/08/2015, 05:15 PM   #445 (permalink)

im having a problem with my phone a little water spilled and got the phone. now its saying headphones are in when they actually arent. if i plug in the headphones it works but if i dont have headphones in the phone when i recieve a call, i have to plug them in because the person cant hear me. any help with this matter would be appreciated
Ian Higgins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/10/2015, 05:04 PM   #446 (permalink)

I uninstalled Pandora, tried all the other fixes and finally just a battery pull fixed the no headphone & no phone speaker sound issue. Weird.
MustangChuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2015, 05:13 AM   #447 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC46 View Post
I agree this should be a sticky and the OP's method for restoring earphone speaker works for most people. Others have reported success by toggling the mute button. Others have reported success by cleaning the jack with rubbing alcohol or lens cleaner.

The fact of the matter is that there are many phones being exchanged needlessly and if this issue was stickied it could solve a lot of people some grief.

I think that Pandora may have a bug in their software that is causing this because to the best of my knowledge nobody has reported this problem from listening to Mp3s using the built in media player.
I dont use Pandora and this happened to me
Amalia C Oyarzun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2015, 12:01 PM   #448 (permalink)

I've had the problem with incoming phone calls. So it's not limited to music/media.

My experience is leading me to believe it's a physical design flaw. But there could be several causes generating similar results. We may not be experiencing the same cause, yet seeing the same error condition.

In the past i had issues with the correct audio output being selected, and I've used the Audio Switcher app to try to overcome them.

But just this past week, after a couple accidental phone drops, the phone was insisting on HEADSET or H with MIC, and i was literally fighting it in the Switcher to stay on BT. THIS WAS OCCURRING WITH INCOMING CALLS: answer the phone, no audio in earpiece. Must switch to speakerphone to hear caller.

I then used a QTip, with the cotton removed from one tip, and some rubbing alcohol, and cleaned the jack. Problem has not returned since.

Last edited by TJs11thPre; 12/30/2015 at 12:08 PM.
TJs11thPre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2016, 05:38 AM   #449 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfwalach View Post
I tried everything and nothing worked. Then read this in another thread.

Turn it upside down and blow into it.

This solved it for me. I was shocked.
What about wireless..mine do the same...
Robertcarrick8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
stuck in headset mode

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0