Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactusone View Post
    OK guys/gals .This is not a flaw. The PRE was designed this way so you don't "blow-out" (damage) the tiny speaker in the rear of the PRE (used for the speaker phone).

Lets say you have a headset plugged in you are jammin to some Bob Marley and have the volume set LOUD, and for some reason you unplug the headset..since the volume level is LOUD, you can damage the rear speaker....SO the wise designers of the PRE made it so the phone REMAINS in headset mode..

Here is the FIX again..1) Plug in your headset, 2) turn on your favorite music app 3) play your favorite song, 4) Stop your favorite song, 5) Close your music app 6) unplug your headset and VIOLA!

Very simple, however not even the Sprint folks at the store are trained or aware of this..

Hope it helped...paypal donations excepted OR just a plane old click on the Thanks button.
    Um... No.

Not always.

This can work for some people (and it worked for me the first couple of times this happened)...

But now, it's stuck for good. Something inside the phone is completing the circuit that you should only have completed when you have headphones plugged in. In my case, it's nothing inside the headphones jack (trust me, I looked, after popping battery and thoroughly cleaning it out with compressed air and rubbing alcohol — upside down, so none could drip into the phone itself — and then I let it sit for 20 minutes to dry out).

There isn't a thing tripping the circuit inside the headphone jack, so it absolutely has to be a short somewhere in the guts of the phone that I can't get to without voiding that warranty.

There's no other explanation, given that I've done absolutely everything this time - and nothing works. If it was software, a WebOSDoctor would have fixed it, and I finally tried that and, of course, no dice.

Oh, the REAL KICKER? This time, on Sunday night, when it got stuck in headphones mode.... I hadn't plugged any headphones in. It just stuck all by itself on its own. Hasn't gone back two days later after doing every trick you can think of. All other times it has happened after using the music player with headphones or 1/8" jack in my car. After the last time it happened, I decided not to use that until I had the time to get a warranty replacement set up.

I'll be getting a warranty replacement, I suppose. *shrug*

Because I'll be goddamned if I'm going to spend any more time on phone calls using speakerphone alone. Driving me ******* bat**** crazy!
    ^ yeah I jus got mine few week ago..it drove me nuts and today ima pick up a pixi plus for 50 bucks off craigs light jus for back up
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by funktron2x View Post
    Um... No.

Not always.

This can work for some people (and it worked for me the first couple of times this happened)...

But now, it's stuck for good. Something inside the phone is completing the circuit that you should only have completed when you have headphones plugged in. In my case, it's nothing inside the headphones jack (trust me, I looked, after popping battery and thoroughly cleaning it out with compressed air and rubbing alcohol upside down, so none could drip into the phone itself and then I let it sit for 20 minutes to dry out).

There isn't a thing tripping the circuit inside the headphone jack, so it absolutely has to be a short somewhere in the guts of the phone that I can't get to without voiding that warranty.

There's no other explanation, given that I've done absolutely everything this time - and nothing works. If it was software, a WebOSDoctor would have fixed it, and I finally tried that and, of course, no dice.

Oh, the REAL KICKER? This time, on Sunday night, when it got stuck in headphones mode.... I hadn't plugged any headphones in. It just stuck all by itself on its own. Hasn't gone back two days later after doing every trick you can think of. All other times it has happened after using the music player with headphones or 1/8" jack in my car. After the last time it happened, I decided not to use that until I had the time to get a warranty replacement set up.

I'll be getting a warranty replacement, I suppose. *shrug*

Because I'll be goddamned if I'm going to spend any more time on phone calls using speakerphone alone. Driving me ******* bat**** crazy!
    So you cleaned the headset jack, but did you try to mechanically move the copper switch inside the jack? If you have, then you truly have tried everything. If not, then you haven't tried the one thing that's almost certain to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    So you cleaned the headset jack, but did you try to mechanically move the copper switch inside the jack? If you have, then you truly have tried everything. If not, then you haven't tried the one thing that's almost certain to work.
    Oh yeah - Q-tip, toothpick, paper clip, whittled down plastic pen cap clip thingy.

No dice.
    UPDATE: Soooooo.... Took my phone into a Sprint Repair store today... They ended up replacing the earpiece speaker - fixed the issue.

Must have been some kind of bad connection to that part of the phone and not the headphone jack that was screwed up - at least in my phone.

The speaker still worked (audio tests worked for it) - but replacing it fixed my issues anyway. *shrug*

Anyone else been here, done this?

I'm a happy camper, now, and haven't had the headset mode issue since.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    +1 on the alcohol Q-Tip method for me - success!
    alcohol & q-tip worked, any software related fixes (ie pausing music player or pandora and waiting to unplug, mute while calling voicemail, etc...) did not work. Clearly hardware in my case.
    I tried the alcohol method, no success. I then tried use another set of headphones (cheap apple white) and that did the trick for me.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Thanks for the help! My earpiece stopped working today, I did a quick search on PreCentral and found my answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by brillrick View Post
    Thanks for the help! My earpiece stopped working today, I did a quick search on PreCentral and found my answer.
    Same here. Was about to spend my lunch break at the sprint store. This thread saved me.
    THANK YOU.

I recently joined the ranks of the stuck-in-headset-mode community. The first time, it fixed itself rather mysteriously. The second time, the customer rep at the Verizon store offered to replace the phone -- which of course I didn't want to do. But the first suggestion here worked after two tries. THANK YOU. Of course, it's probably gonna just happen again....but at least I now know you guys will commiserate with me when it does!
    Thanks to everyone on this thread. I thought I had an insane phone, turns out it's just engineering failure.

The software thing used to work, but now the only thing that makes it behave is compressed air.

Why dost Palm mock us so?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vader4633 View Post
    I just took mine back to sprint and they ordered me a replacement. I tried blowing air in, multiple headphone jack in & out nothing works. I want to keep this phone since I have my phantom skin on perfect....
    Ditto that. Messed with it for a while but facts are, it's a hardware issue and it needed to be addressed. Sprint replaced it under warentee.
    OMG... the Q-tip with alcohol cleansing really works for me !! i cant believe it. like 3 months unable to make a proper call. oooohhhhhhhoooooo hooooo thanks for the tip.
    [SIZE="2"]Check this out. For the thie issuse with using reg headphones and getting feed back and noise. Just do this simple quick fix. Please give me feed back.
    When you make a call and you hear the surrounding out side noise (and you)
    JUST TURN ON YOUR MUTE BUTTON THEN TURN IT OFF. SIZE]
    And BAM!!!! No more noise and the person can hear you too
    It works with the blue tooth on. Just every time you use MP3 headphones do that (MUTE ON/MUTE OFF) No noise.
    After 3 weeks of farting around with my phone being stuck I happened across a little thread buried in patch subforum. Its a patch that disables the freaking wired headset mode on the phone...and it works!!!! I created a thread since the developer hasn't been around in a while. Here is the link:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...56#post2606256
    I had this problem a few months ago and tried a few things unsuccessfully (including electronic contact cleaner, multiple plug unplug cycles, reboots, etc...). What finally worked was hooking up a football inflating needle to my air compressor. Insert the needle into the headphone jack and blasted that SOB with 100psi for 3-5 seconds. FIXED!
    thanks members....the alcohol with the trimed cue tip finally did the trick.....
    Hi Guys,

I have now fixed this problem three times on two different phones, and I have written a little how to you can find at in the next post because as I haven't made enough post yet to be able to post links!!!!!!
    Gavin Coles

Pre - O2 - UK
    Gavin Coles

Pre - O2 - UK