Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
    Has anyone that has used the WD-40/alcohol/lube method had to continue to add lube or is it cleared up?
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Wowww! I was just about to reset my phone. I opened the music app as suggested and pulled my earpiece in and out till the music played over the speaker system. Its bac to good! Thanks!!
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    My Pre got stuck in headphone mode too.
    Not any of plugging, playing, calling, unplugging and muting sequence, whatever suggested here did help.

Then I found an old, closed thread where I saw a hint about blowing air into the headphone jack to make the phone exit from headphone mode.

I didn't have much faith that would make any difference, but I blew air into the headphone jack, anyway, and... sounds came back!
    Weird, to say the least.
    According to a Sprint technician, most of the time when he gets phones stuck in the headset mode, he just has to clean the headset jack and that fixes the problem. Try rubbing alcohol and a q-tip.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    Has anyone that has used the WD-40/alcohol/lube method had to continue to add lube or is it cleared up?
    ???? i've found that blowing into the hole works. With me the issue is that i stream alot of music in the car using an audio cable....when a call comes in and i have to unplug, thats when it sticks.... i think i just need to get a Blue tooth car adapter like the crusier. that might eliminate my frustrations.
    Hi,

Both myself and a colleague both have the Pres and after the recent update to 1.4.1 the two phones have suffered the 'stuck in headset mode' problem. If it is a hardware issue it is really strange that it happened to both units at the same time.
    Gavin Coles

Pre - O2 - UK
    I am getting a new phone because of this issue. Why is this phone so cheap??
    If i paid $25 a year ago like people are paying now then fine but whatever.
    I think what it comes down to is the latest WebOS update does not play nice with the relay that controls this function.
    Is is and electrical relay that should open and close when the current changes. If dirt or dust was an issue it would not allow it to switch to headset mode and your headphone would not work. the fact that you take the current away and the relay does not switch back says it is a control problem, not physical.
    this happened to me too. I had a new one on its way, and in the couple days until I got my new one...it started working again.

still sent it back though.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    awesome fix, this happens to me about everyday
    Have a launch day Pre and this had never happened until today.
    Tried resetting twice, tried the toothpick (maybe it worked) but popping the battery in and out did the trick.
    Phew!
    i tried the pandora method, and then the phone method of plugging and unplugging the headset. neither worked, then i looked at a couple other threads and someone said "blow into the jack" and VIOLA, started working immediately! guess different strokes for different phones
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i tried the pandora method, and then the phone method of plugging and unplugging the headset. neither worked, then i looked at a couple other threads and someone said "blow into the jack" and VIOLA, started working immediately! guess different strokes for different phones
    I read that also.

Someone also said compressed air. I wondered about those cans of compresses air we use to blow off our desktop keyboards.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I read that also.

Someone also said compressed air. I wondered about those cans of compresses air we use to blow off our desktop keyboards.
    i read that one as well, i just don't think i'd feel comfortable spraying that stuff into a headphone jack.
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetnessinfall View Post
    i read that one as well, i just don't think i'd feel comfortable spraying that stuff into a headphone jack.
    Then use a toothpick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Then use a toothpick.
    blowing in the jack worked just fine. ; )
    I've had this happen a couple times to me..

I just drop the phone (on its back) on my coffee table from a height of about 4 feet. Seems to work every time..at least for me
    YMMV
    After the most recent update, I started having "problems" like the ones referenced here:

- nothing will play out of the headset through my car;
    - my phone will start with a call through the earpiece (or bluetooth), then will flip to wired headset mode;
    - at times, I can only answer a call through the speaker or wired headsets but not bluetooth or the earpiece.
    - and that's not to mention that I can make a call on the phone and it will cut out without switching.

Normally a soft reset fixes the problem until it comes back later.

It's quite annoying.
    Last edited by MaxGator; 04/29/2010 at 09:50 AM.
    I have the best luck with using the "play music and pull the heads phones in and out technique"
    Prē *********♥
    1Ghz
    Pixi *********♥
    Patched up
    (Gone)
    Now on a Samsung Epic
    *Creator of the best thread on precentral*

RIP

I have a Palm Pre Plus and all audio functioned fine until the 1.4.1 update. I thought that it was the Pandora app and so I deleted it after trying the headphone fix. I do have the whoosh sound when you swipe something away. I can also hear the phone when it rings. I can not hear any of the ringtone choices or sounds that go with the game apps that I downloaded. I can not hear the sounds on any apps without plugging in the headphone. Any reccommendations?