Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I've been having the same problem with GPS not getting a fix -- SO frustrating! I never had this problem with SprintNav on my Instinct, so I figured it was something with the PHONE, and not the service. I'll be sure to try this next time the phone "can't find my location".

Thanks a lot for the the tip!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Setting it up as a speed dial works great! First add it to your contacts, not from the dial pad but from the contacts menu. Then click on the upper left corner of the screen. From that menu choose speed dial then assign a button. Voila!
    There is also a great patch on preware that makes an icon for 'add contacts' so you don't have to go into your whole contacts menu.
    I hope no one has covered this, my GPS was very unreliable until I found this. If you go to location service and on the menu and choose locate me using... Then choose GPS. Mine was unchecked and now the GPS is super fast.

Hope this helps someone.
    FWIW: Here is what worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    I've had generally good results from Sprint nav, but every once in a while it gets 'stuck' and insists that it can't locate me.

To workaround:

Minimize Nav app, bring up phone pad.
    Dial ##GPS#
    Tap the 'Get Fix' button.
    Once your position is displayed, return to the Sprint Nav app and it should be able to locate you.

When I do that tip i get "error occurred"

so it didn't work for me

anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    When I do that tip i get "error occurred"

so it didn't work for me
    You wouldn't happen to be on Bell in Canada would you? Something seems to be up with the 'assistance' portion of Assisted GPS on their CDMA network and it's been flaky all weekend... My Pre's had the same symptoms since Friday and my Blackberry toting friends on Bell CDMA can't get theirs working either (though the GSM berries are fine). It'll work for an hour so (but only to the nearest cell tower, not my actual location) and then even that stops working again.
    Yeah, uhh... it's Kevin. (KevinT was already taken.)

PalmPilot Professional, Palm V, Kyocera 7135, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Palm Prē & Prē 2, HP TouchPad & Veer
    Quote Originally Posted by ktessner View Post
    You wouldn't happen to be on Bell in Canada would you? Something seems to be up with the 'assistance' portion of Assisted GPS on their CDMA network and it's been flaky all weekend... My Pre's had the same symptoms since Friday and my Blackberry toting friends on Bell CDMA can't get theirs working either (though the GSM berries are fine). It'll work for an hour so (but only to the nearest cell tower, not my actual location) and then even that stops working again.
    I'm in canada with bell -- ughhh

so when will this be fixed?
    having the same problem with bell here in New Brunswick
    Some people are like a Slinky...

Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12