Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    What is the trick (If Any) to keep the backlight on constantly when plugged into A/C or Car Charger? I would like to use GPS while driving, but haven't figured out how to do this yet. Be nice, as I only got the phone yesterday...
    I used Sprint Nav just yesterday and the screen was fully lit the entire time.
    When you load up Sprint Nav, click the top left where it says Sprint Nav next to the time and then click Preferences. In that, there is an option for backlight and set it to Always ON.
    Aw damn, I first read the title as "Palm Pre Blacklight"... I was getting all excited for a new feature. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by meangreengdub View Post
    When you load up Sprint Nav, click the top left where it says Sprint Nav next to the time and then click Preferences. In that, there is an option for backlight and set it to Always ON.
    +1
    Ok... I'm going to wake up this thread!

I'm just wondering if there was a way to keep the screen/backlight on when plugged in so that I can keep my MLB game refreshing through the browser. It refreshes the score and plays every 15 or 30 seconds, but I constantly have to press the power button to turn the screen on.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    me too-i kept my pro on at nite as a clock. i'd like the pre to do that too.
    what do you all do out there to keep it on while on the charger?
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    There's a patch for that
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Global Posts
    186 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marshalla99 View Post
    There's a patch for that
    ...which is to say that "out of the box," the Pre does not offer this option, but that the "No Auto-Off While Charging" patch gives you the option to toggle between the default behavior (screen turns off automatically regardless of whether it is plugged in) and the behavior you seek (screen remains on while plugged in).

Patches, such as this one, are packages you can install on your Pre that modify the OS to add options or change behavior or appearance. To install patches, you will need to learn about using homebrew.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    thanx for the patch name. i'm slowly going through them, but since the 'themes' are very loose, it's taking a while now i just have to wait for the touchstone...
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog View Post
    ...which is to say that "out of the box," the Pre does not offer this option, but that the "No Auto-Off While Charging" patch gives you the option to toggle between the default behavior (screen turns off automatically regardless of whether it is plugged in) and the behavior you seek (screen remains on while plugged in).

Patches, such as this one, are packages you can install on your Pre that modify the OS to add options or change behavior or appearance. To install patches, you will need to learn about using homebrew.
    This is a great response. It always brings a smile to my face to see the community embrace new members like this. I'd also suggest looking at this:
    Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

it provides a great primer on what the Preware app is, and has a good section on installation. webosinternals put out a request today to direct folks to it for info on installing Preware.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
    Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    A handy list of patches with descriptions: dBsooner's webOS-Patches Web Portal
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    RizP-I agree-folks on these forums are great-i've had palm devices for 6 years and have been on the boards since then (we won't go into how long i've had a PDA-I'd date myself!).

I've always gotten support from everyone when i've upgraded to a new device-and offered advice in turn if needed.
    Great folks
    WHEW HEW! What a ride!