Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Nope. No luck getting pdf files to open consistently. I've been able to open 2 out of the 40 or so that I've been sent. With only one poster saying pdf files are opening without a problem I'd say this is a BIG problem for the Pre.

This just in: Wow--My Pre won't even open .xls files. Holeeee Crap! I can't keep this thing with this many handicaps.
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I agree, I am using some bowling software, and prior to upgrading to windows 7 all the pdf's being created were opening on my pre, and now that I have windows 7, I cannot get the program to create PDF's that will open in my pre, very annoying. I am also hoping this gets fixed ASAP...Hate having a smart phone that is so dumb. I would almost rather go back to my dumb phone that had great reception and a way longer battery life then this thing. I like the screen, but alot of bugs that still need to be worked out.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    both of my parents have the pre, as do i...i never really do too much with pdf's, but my father does, and he has a dickens of a time trying to view some..it's weird and i wonder if it is dependent upon what version created the pdf, or if it's the graphics, or what...there's been some pdfs where only a few graphics wouldn't load. crazy
    can we just covert the pdf to pdb for the ereader program......?
    note to all this has been fixed with a patch in Preware
    I get this problem sometimes with pdfs as well and sometimes with jpgs. kinda frustrating
    Quote Originally Posted by mooney101 View Post
    note to all this has been fixed with a patch in Preware
    What Patch?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    What Patch?
    PDF Redux is supposed to correct a number of issues. It didn't fix my Failed to Render problem though. Search for PDF in Preware and you'll get the patch that makes the pdf viewer patchable and you'll get the redux. Landscape mode patch is also available.

More info here:
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...rovements.html
    [QUOTE=Honis;2201280]PDF Redux is supposed to correct a number of issues. It didn't fix my Failed to Render problem though. Search for PDF in Preware and you'll get the patch that makes the pdf viewer patchable and you'll get the redux. Landscape mode patch is also available.

Is there a place to get the patch without preware? Like for WOSQI?
    I just checked 4 PDF files in my email and they all opened with no problems.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    just to be clear.... there is still NO fix for the pdf render issue??? All of my work emails are in pdf format... none of which can be opened on the pre!!! When will we get a third party pdf reader in the app store or through preware?????
    wow.. what's going on with WebOS? I've never had issues until just recently, and now it seems a lot of crap is happening. Just today my .pdf files aren't opening and I'm getting a "Render document failed" error. I really hope Palm isn't turning into the Palm-of-old. I love this phone, but wish these issues were a high-priority fix for them.
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Xibalba View Post
    Is there a place to get the patch without preware? Like for WOSQI?
    WOSQI should be able to install the patches. I have only used it to install preware and the packaging service but I'm pretty sure it supports everything preware does.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12