Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Over in the Location services section there is an option to turn on geo tag for photos. So how do we use this feature?
    I am wondering the same
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I have used the geotag feature in the past but recently my phone stopped Geotagging, I need to call tech support about it. Anyway, with a flickr account you can upload pictures to flickr from your cell (you are assigned a special e-mail address that send photos directly to your account), then when you log on to flickr to view your photos you can chose an option to view them on the map. It will map where you picture was taken. The lattitude and longitude will also show under the photo details section. A word of caution, you may want to turn of geotagging when taking photos at your home, woudn't want anyone to be able to track your children and where you live. Maybe I'm just paranoid.
    Yah, basically what BMAX said. it just means that the photo is stored with latitude/longitude coordinates so you (and anyone) can know EXACTLY where it was taken.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    You might want to turn it on when on vacation, or anywhere that you will be taking scenic pictures or pictures of landmarks.

Certain services like google earth and google maps have been mining geotagged photos from the web and placing them as icons on the map.
    im trying everything guys....nothings showing up on my flickr... im emailing it to jonsmith.photos.flickr.com( it wont let me put the at symbol up,but with my actual email setup) and nothings coming up...anyone know what im doing wrong
    Under your Flickr account settings, go to Privacy & Permissions. Find the setting for Import EXIF location data and set it to Yes. The geo-tagged photos that you send to your Flickr email address will automatically show location data and can be mapped. Maybe obvious, but only photos you take after you enable the Pre to geotag photos under Location Services will work.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    thnks for the info on flickr privacy settings. Suddenly my geotagging wasn't working and I couldn't figure out why. My settings were somehow set to not import the exif info. This board is great!
    This is all well and good, but what about those of use that want to geotag images on our DSLRs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizelbs View Post
    This is all well and good, but what about those of use that want to geotag images on our DSLRs?
    I don't know about flickr, but I've manually geotagged my images in Picasa Web Albums.
    Is there anyway to access the lat/long info from the photo on the phone? I would like to be able to see this information without using a third-party program like flicker.
    If there is no way to see this info on the phone, is there a way to view it on my desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shizelbs View Post
    In a past job (where digital images were taken from a microsocpe), the metadata was simply added to the .TIFF file at the end of the file (after the "image data" in XML format). You could probably just append the data to the file using any program that can do such a task. But make a backup of the picture before you begin experimenting.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Geotagging of photos would be cool for Panoramio. Panoramio has an app for the iPhone and Android apparently is in the works. Hope they can come up with a WebOS version.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bunny138 View Post
    Is there anyway to access the lat/long info from the photo on the phone? I would like to be able to see this information without using a third-party program like flicker.
    If there is no way to see this info on the phone, is there a way to view it on my desktop?
    I have the same question. I use my phone to take pictures for work. It would make it alot easier if I were able to see where each picture was taken on a map, since most of the photos of all the different locations look pretty much the same.